Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sun April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

With Mark Selby out the draw has opened up today it could be blown up if Ronnie O'Sullivan cant pull back a 3-6 deficit against Stephen Maguire in the Morning just as Mark Allen begins against Debutant Liam Highfield.

In the afternoon Shun Murphy starts out against Welshman Jamie Jones and Dott and Carter plays to a finish Dott in charge 6-3.

and Kyren Wilson leading Matthew Stevens 7-2 and Marco Fu trying to overturn a 3-6 lead to Lyu Haotian and get his career back on track.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Sunday 22nd of April

10am

Mark Allen v Liam Highfield Allen leads 1-0
**Ronnie O'Sullivan 3-6 Stephen Maguire O'Sullivan leads 18-4

2.30pm

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Jones Murphy leads 5-4
**Allister Carter 3-6 Graeme Dott Dott leads 7-5

7pm

**Kyren Wilson 7-2 Matthew Stevens Wilson leads 2-0
**Marco Fu 3-6 Lyu Haotian Lyu Haotian leads 2-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby GJ

Pink Ball wrote:
GJ wrote:Good luck Kyren

For predicts

All the best to

Maguire
Fu
Dotty
Murphy

I cannot understand someone putting so much value on a prediction contest.

its once a year relax pal

<ok>

Postby Andre147

Ronnie once overturned a 6-3 deficit against Mags... German Masters 2012 Final.

To stand a chance, I feel he must win the first mini session 3-1 at least... if they share it 2-2, cant really see Ronnie winning the match.

Postby Gridlock

Raphael98 wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Guess I gotta get up early again!
Scotch in the coffee mayhaps.

So do I, although in a different country, Gridlock.

Cheers! What country Raphael?
Last edited by Gridlock on 22 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Raphael98

About each match in particular, Selby's exit was a huge shock, although Perry played quite well to beat him 10-4.
O'Sullivan trails Maguire by 6-3, but at 1 point it was 4-0 to Maguire. To the Ronnie fans acting scared, I've seen many matches, including those of Ronnie, that looked like certainties because of the scoreline, and they ended up the other way around.
About Fu, he still has time to beat Haotian, but at this rate, Haotian will cause a surprise.
I think Kyren Wilson is the only one of the players that I mentioned so far that has probably got his match, which is against Matthew Stevens on the bag, although I do say that no match is won until the final handshake.
And Dott has had a great start against seeded Carter, although Carter can fight back, like he did for most of his life. But Dott is experienced at these venues and will probably win by this afternoon. We just have to wait and see. ;-)

Postby Andre147

Raphael98 wrote:About each match in particular, Selby's exit was a huge shock, although Perry played quite well to beat him 10-4.
O'Sullivan trails Maguire by 6-3, but at 1 point it was 4-0 to Maguire. To the Ronnie fans acting scared, I've seen many matches, including those of Ronnie, that looked like certainties because of the scoreline, and they ended up the other way around.
About Fu, he still has time to beat Haotian, but at this rate, Haotian will cause a surprise.
I think Kyren Wilson is the only one of the players that I mentioned so far that has probably got his match, which is against Matthew Stevens on the bag, although I do say that no match is won until the final handshake.
And Dott has had a great start against seeded Carter, although Carter can fight back, like he did for most of his life. But Dott is experienced at these venues and will probably win by this afternoon. We just have to wait and see. ;-)

Have to agree with everything, but I dont get the Ronnie part? You expect Ronnie to win the match or not?

I think if he does lose, the frame to go only 5-4 down was the key.

Postby Raphael98

Andre147 wrote:
Raphael98 wrote:About each match in particular, Selby's exit was a huge shock, although Perry played quite well to beat him 10-4.

Have to agree with everything, but I dont get the Ronnie part? You expect Ronnie to win the match or not?

I think if he does lose, the frame to go only 5-4 down was the key.

Perhaps I didn't explain that part too well, what I was saying is about the reaction of the fans when he is 6-3 behind against Maguire. I do expect Ronnie to come back, although I wouldn't be that surprised if Maguire wins, because he is a better player than people give him credit for. And I do remember Ronnie needing 2 snookers and coming back to the table on frame 2, although he didn't get any.

Postby Andre147

Of course Ronnie can recover, he's done it against Maguire before at the GM Final, but those things dont happen too often, and less often with Ronnie as he's no king of comebacks.

I don't even remember if he ever won a first round match here from this deficit.

I know he was 9-7 down against this very same Maguire in 2005 and won 10-9.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

He lost too many key frames at the crucibles in the last few years that came back to haunt him.

Vs Bingham in 2015 he was certain to go 9-7 up after trailing 3-5. But missed a sitter of a frameball and the session ended 8-8.

Vs hawkins he lost too many frames on the colors and whenever he had a chance to level he screwed it up. I think he was in control in the 18th frame and about to level at 9-9. screwed up a simple saftey and lost the frame.

Same vs Ding. After being 0-3 down. Comes back to draw level. About to go 4-3 up. bucks that up and loses on the RSB.

He is a master at destroying his own momentum.

Today wont be different. Wasted so many chances yesterday to go back to 4-5 at least. He could have even led 5-4. But what does he do? He loses the last two frames. Had Maguire on the ropes. Will be a short kill today. 10-5 or 10-6 Maguire

To lose Ronnie at the Crucible after two days play is hard for a fan. But good for the neutral I suppose.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I honestly think that Ronnie is favourite in this match, even with that deficit

He missed a shot in 1997. He's playing rubbish. Mags strong favourite.

rofl
For most players, a 6-3 deficit would be terminal but we know he can rattle off three centuries in a row.
Also, Maguire has not always the best temperament.
I would say something like 60:40 in favour of ROS.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie has it all to do this morning, no question. It's not as bad as Selby had it yesterday as 7-2 is basically game over in bo19 barring a miracle. But he needs a great start (winning the first two) and a little bit of help by maguire.

Ronnie is by no means out of it, but obviously this wasn't the start to the tournament Ronnie was looking for. His back is against the wall and it's only day 2.

Postby snookerguy

Busy day today. two screens required.

8.30 London Marathon
10.00am London Marathon and Ronnie v Maguire
14.30 Carter v Dott
15.00 Carter v Dott and FA Cup semi final
17.00 Either Match and Newcastle Eagles match
19.00 Snooker
20.00 Lyu v Fu and MotoGP