Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie talking rubbish?

I wonder if he is unwell?

He said he felt like giving the fans their money back when he was playing bad in the first session and that he's been eating healthy and that a lot of people in the UK are obese.

Don't see much wrong with those statements.

Ronnie's offended the fatties. They don't like his comments, one bit.

Murphy must be devastated inside :chuckle:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hey Johnny Bravo

I thought Lyu beat Fang, Rory and O'Donnell to get to the Crucible.

That is not easier than Yan's draw??

For me Tian Pengfey is stronger than any of those 3.

...and stronger than Yan??

Just cause he beat him once doesn't mean he's stronger. And Yan still has time on his side, he's still a kid. Only a handful of players were as good and/or better than him at this age.

Postby GJ

snookerguy wrote:Completely avoidable blackspot now due to rubbish scheduling. Didn't they used to deliberately avoid finishing two sessions at the same time.

Sun evening in most years always had 2 matches to a finish just unfortunate both finished quickly

Postby GJ

Wilson said: “It’s a very satisfying win. Matthew is a classy opponent, he’s been there and done it before, so a 10-3 scoreline is flattering. I feel like I did most of the damage in the first session. I’m pleased to get the victory, and I’m going to go home and come back refreshed for the second round.
“It was a very tough draw in the first round to get Matthew Stevens. It wasn’t long ago that he was a seed here and I could have been drawing him. I would like to say what a classy guy he is to call his fouls on himself, not once but twice, especially the blue because from there 8-3 could have turned to 8-4 and he’d be back in the game. What a classy guy he is to do that.
“I do need to improve in certain aspects, but it was quite a pleasing performance. I felt like I played well, I didn’t miss anything too simple which is nice. If you’re not missing the easy balls you’re going to be there or thereabouts. It’s just about getting my preparation right now for the second round and coming back refreshed.”

Postby TheRocket

I'm honest that I'm still not convinced with Wilson whether he'll really be a big player in the future and a regular winner. But he looks to be that type of guy who has a clear plan in his head what to do and what the right things are to improve and become a better player.

Positive thing about him is also that he's a very confident player and believes in his own ability. And we all know confidence and mentality is easily as important as ability and talent.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:I'm honest that I'm still not convinced with Wilson whether he'll really be a big player in the future and a regular winner. But he looks to be that type of guy who has a clear plan in his head what to do and what the right things are to improve and become a better player.

Positive thing about him is also that he's a very confident player and believes in his own ability. And we all know confidence and mentality is easily as important as ability and talent.

Great post Rocket - I have been impressed with Kyren.

He talks very seriously about his own improvement and desire to learn. He is very likeable and I hope he reaches the top.

The only question (in my mind) is whether he can capture that mental strength required to win the big ones.

Postby GJ

Yesterday Graeme thought the job was done, but it wasn’t done,” said 38-year-old Carter. “You can never think you’ve got a match in the bag and that will be a lesson for him. I just wanted to win. I want to be here. I saw what Stephen Maguire said today about feeling left behind a bit. I felt a bit the same and I knew I needed to do something about it.

Very disrespectful from Carter about Dotty imo

Postby GJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I'm honest that I'm still not convinced with Wilson whether he'll really be a big player in the future and a regular winner. But he looks to be that type of guy who has a clear plan in his head what to do and what the right things are to improve and become a better player.

Great post Rocket - I have been impressed with Kyren.

He talks very seriously about his own improvement and desire to learn. He is very likeable and I hope he reaches the top.

The only question (in my mind) is whether he can capture that mental strength required to win the big ones.

Hes a dedicated pro and is always looking to improve can only see him continuing to rise up the rankings.

:-D

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:Yesterday Graeme thought the job was done, but it wasn’t done,” said 38-year-old Carter. “You can never think you’ve got a match in the bag and that will be a lesson for him. I just wanted to win. I want to be here. I saw what Stephen Maguire said today about feeling left behind a bit. I felt a bit the same and I knew I needed to do something about it.

Give Carter a copy of the 2006 WC for a lesson for him

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Yesterday Graeme thought the job was done, but it wasn’t done,” said 38-year-old Carter. “You can never think you’ve got a match in the bag and that will be a lesson for him. I just wanted to win. I want to be here. I saw what Stephen Maguire said today about feeling left behind a bit. I felt a bit the same and I knew I needed to do something about it.

<doh> <doh> <doh>

Did Carter really say that? How the buck does he know what Graeme was thinking at 6-2 up? An experienced player like Graeme would never take it for granted.

For this alone I do hope Ronnie humiliates him again, like he's done so many times.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

<doh> <doh> <doh>

Did Carter really say that? How the buck does he know what Graeme was thinking at 6-2 up? An experienced player like Graeme would never take it for granted.

For this alone I do hope Ronnie humiliates him again, like he's done so many times.

I don't think those comments from Carter were all that disrespectful.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

<doh> <doh> <doh>

He says Dott thought he had the job done and that will be a lesson for him?

How's that not disrespectful? Such an experienced like Dott would never take it for granted. Besides, Dott's been World Champion, Carter got thumped in 2 World Finals.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

<doh> <doh> <doh>

He says Dott thought he had the job done and that will be a lesson for him?

How's that not disrespectful? Such an experienced like Dott would never take it for granted. Besides, Dott's been World Champion, Carter got thumped in 2 World Finals.

It's just the usual letting off of steam after a big win. The comments are very tame actually.

You'd have to be a puritan or an outrage merchant to take offense at what Carter said there.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie talking rubbish?

I wonder if he is unwell?

He said he felt like giving the fans their money back when he was playing bad in the first session and that he's been eating healthy and that a lot of people in the UK are obese.

Don't see much wrong with those statements.

He's a millionaire. What's stopping him giving fans their money back?

Postby snookerguy

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Carter's comments could have been more diplomatic but are not offensive

What did he say?

Just that he thought Dott thought he had it in the bag after the first session and he could learn from that. Could have been phrased a bit better but it's hardly the kind of rubbish Carter used to throw around. Remember when he was calling Trump *fluky and lucky"

Postby bluelagoon

I like the following words of this thread a lot:

aimlesswandeer
allistair
alwas
andwhich
anybodys
atleast
atmoshpere
bastrd
beattified
birilliant