Post a reply

Note for Gridlock....

Postby acesinc

Hey, Griddy!

As you know, I don't watch the game as much as I would like, but I play the game as often as I can. Even now, I can't devote my full attention to the WC....got a job on my floor that has to be on the truck Monday morning, so I am running my noisy machine with a Bluetooth under my earmuffs and a couple computer screens strategically located in my shop so I can at least keep an eye and ear on things.

So my point is....I am sure you have found a good line to watch the WC here in this snooker desert we call the USA so you are probably set up pretty well. But due to life in general, you probably miss some of what you would like to watch. There is always YouTube (at least until the posters get caught out), but I wanted to let you know about another awesome resource that I have found that you may also like. It is a legit website though you do need to disable your Ad Blocker if you have one or it won't work.

It is tvcatchup.com . I don't know if it is available worldwide but at least here in the US, it gives us access to many of the major UK television stations exactly as they are broadcast in the UK....not like those dodgy websites I have had to resort to so often. There is a TV Guide page so you can scan ahead to see what coverage is on what channel at what time and plan accordingly. The really nice thing is that there is very often "recap" and "highlights" programs which happen in the wee hours in the UK which puts them squarely prime time for us. If there was a good match you want to see again, or if you missed something during the day, you can look at the TV Guide and get caught up as you wish.

Check it out. One of my favorite websites. (Note for you Brits...no, I didn't spell "favorite" wrong. When I write specifically of the Game of Snooker, I try to use the Queen's English. But for general writing, I defer to the spelling of my own culture. Damn Yankee!) :-)

Re: Note for Gridlock....

Postby Gridlock

I will check this out. I'm using firstonetv.net and it sounds similar. And of course I am still planning on coming to Chicago eventually. Thank you Ace!