Post a reply

Commentator Bingo/Drinking Game

Postby SteveJJ

I'm sure there could be some sort of bingo/drinking game for any time the following happen during the course of the tournament in terms of the commentators/pundits.

Mention of golf
Speculation of Thorburn's arrival time via plane
Sightings of Patsy Fagan
Dennis being creepy about 'the lovely Vicky'
Shadowy shots of Judd's mates/brother/bored girlfriend
Commentator admitting he has never seen a particular player play before.
Every session on live broadcasts start delayed by at least 15 minutes due to waffling.
JP/JV on the point of masturbation if Ronnie is playing well
JP/JV on the point of suicide if Ronnie is ever on the verge of losing.
JP/JV sounding like they are sulking if they have to comment on the other table when Ronnie is playing.
Willie mentioning Leicester or his club in Leicester
Ken Doherty saying 33
Hazel getting a stat wrong and then the beeb repeating it for the fortnight
Hazel likening the world championship to the London marathon.
Hendry dissing someone outside of the top 16
Barry Hearn being sycophantically interviewed by the BBC
Andy Goldstein/Colin Murray describing the mid session interval knock about as fun when it isn't.
Sightings of Ronnie Wood

I'm sure you can add some more.....

Re: Commentator Bingo/Drinking Game

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ken has a solid Dublin accent. Whats wrong with him saying 33? The amount of English people ive had in my cab over the years who ask me to say 33 and a third is ridiculous. If that's how ye get your kicks.... so not funny.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:Ken has a solid Dublin accent. Whats wrong with him saying 33? The amount of English people ive had in my cab over the years who ask me to say 33 and a third is ridiculous. If that's how ye get your kicks.... so not funny.

That was a magnificent one hunnerun tirtee-tree break!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Ken has a solid Dublin accent. Whats wrong with him saying 33? The amount of English people ive had in my cab over the years who ask me to say 33 and a third is ridiculous. If that's how ye get your kicks.... so not funny.

That was a magnificent one hunnerun tirtee-tree break!

Ah hearrrrrrr, leave er outtttt will ya ya bleedin spanner ya!!!!!! I'll show ya a real Dublin accent.

Postby Alex0paul

Dennis describing each match as mini sessions
John Virgo starting a match summary with “This young man”
Willie Thorne saying “stand by your beds”

Postby Iranu

"Oh that's careless."

"He'll settle for that."

"Good pot needed... And got!"

"Phone the police - he's missed one!"

"A generous round of applause from this knowledgeable Crucible crowd."

"Well we started out at a best of 19. Now we're down to a best of 3."

"That's inch perfect."

"If he can somehow get out of this only 5-4 down he'll feel like he's won the session!"

"That's just great, great matchplay snooker."

Postby SteveJJ

Point taken and offence genuinely not intended. I like the Dublin/Irish accent - I guess for whatever reason it stands out more than the other accents in the comms box to my ears.

Postby SteveJJ

mention of the 1985 final.

Taylor flattering Hendry and Hendry ignoring him in response.

Taylor taking the hometown of one of the lesser ranked players and calling it a hotbed of snooker because they had a couple of half decent amateurs 30 years ago.

JP describing a shot as smelly.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SteveJJ wrote:

Point taken and offence genuinely not intended. I like the Dublin/Irish accent - I guess for whatever reason it stands out more than the other accents in the comms box to my ears.

No offence taken by anyone who says that. More bemusement haha. 33 and a third!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

SteveJJ wrote:

Ireland has 26 counties in the Republic and just about every one has theor own distinct accent. And in the capital here in Dublin we have a few different accents but im biased and think the normal working class Dublin accent trumps all others in Ireland.

Postby vodkadiet

Dennis Taylor "That's pure pressure."
"Snooker is very similar to golf, you know?"
"I took a fiver off Willie on the golf course this morning."
"Watch the White! Watch the White!"
"The best way to describe the nap on the cloth, is that is like the fur on a pussycat's back."

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:Great thread.

Ah the well worn cliches. Now where is Phil Yates to murder a metaphor? Alphabet soup.

Looking forward to Yates' colourful snooker language once more. He really is a treat is ole Yatesy. I know your a fan too Dan. Yates just knows what time it is - its showtime!

Postby Lou147

Its a quality Dublin accent aswell

Postby Lou147

Holden Chinaski wrote:You can't get your breath!

Key shot coming up

Postby Andre147

Lou147 wrote:

Key shot coming up

You could hear a pin drop!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Lou147 wrote:

Key shot coming up

Good morning fellow Dubliner. Good to see another city slicker on the Island.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Great thread.

Ah the well worn cliches. Now where is Phil Yates to murder a metaphor? Alphabet soup.

Looking forward to Yates' colourful snooker language once more. He really is a treat is ole Yatesy. I know your a fan too Dan. Yates just knows what time it is - its showtime!

Exactly! It's always showtime!

Postby TheSaviour

That Mike Hallet´s "Hang on...(where´s the cue ball going??)" can´t be on now as Li Hang is already out of the tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:That Mike Hallet´s "Hang on...(where´s the cue ball going??)" can´t be on now as Li Hang is already out of the tournament.

He makes sense, and makes a joke. :shock: