Post a reply

BBC announce their fun features for Crucible fortnight

Postby SnookerFan

DJ-ing with Davis

Following on from the success of last season's Driving With Davis, this year sees Steve Davis pulling on his DJ cap and interviewing players live from a nightclub in Sheffield. Questions will predominantly revolve around players favourite tracks, and what tunes will get them onto the dance floor. A chance for fans to learn more about players off-table personality.

Quite Interesting with Stephen Fry

Did you know that The World Championship is hosted every year in Sheffield? That the cue ball is white, and the black ball is worth seven points? Fascinating facts, where even the most ardent of snooker fans will learn something.

Dennis Taylor plays golf with stars from Sheffield

Who better to discuss snooker than Sheffield residents such as Kell Brook and Jessica Ennis? Dennis Taylor asks them for their unique take on the sport, live from the 18th hole.

John Parrott interviews Ronnie O'Sullvian

John Parrott interviews Ronnie on such important issues as the school run, what a player needs in order to qualify as a numpty, and why best of seven matches are more meaningful than The Crucible Final. A 17-part, hard hitting interview with the most important man in snooker, by none other than his biggest fan. WARNING! Due to the lengthy nature of this interview, some live matches may not be shown by the BBC in order to fit in the interview in it's entirety.

Damien Hirst appearance

In a special treat Damien Hirst will be in the Crucible lobby on the first Wednesday of the tournament, painting a picture of a Snooker Table.

All these features on the BBC, and much much less...... Tune in from the 21st of April.

* I've made this up for a laugh, please don't be angry.

Re: BBC announce their fun features for Crucible fortnight

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:DJ-ing with Davis would be pretty good.

Indeed. It's a good idea.

Is that something people legitimately care about? What a player's favourite song is?

Would it affect your opinion on a player/match in any way?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:DJ-ing with Davis would be pretty good.

Indeed. It's a good idea.

Is that something people legitimately care about? What a player's favourite song is?

Would it affect your opinion on a player/match in any way?

Just the Nugget sharing his record collection would be a good feature.

Here is a Spotify playlist of tunes that he played yesterday in a Hackney record shop:

https://open.spotify.com/user/bowersand ... MrCWzfP1Kj

...and the article is here: http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/music/st ... -day-2018/

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Wot no quiz in the pub? That was scintillating.

I'm not sure I ever properly watched those. I'm usually on Interactive or Eurosport for the first week, as the main channel isn't showing stuff live. So miss features sometimes.

I think I watched one on YouTube and gave up.

Looked fun for the players involved, but didn't translate well to television.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
snookerguy wrote:didn't they actually do that Stephen Fry thing one tournament?

Yes, hence the joke really.

He once asked; "Which player has won the most World Championships? It's not who you think..."

The answer was Joe Davis.

The sad thing is Stephen Fry probably knows some great trivia about snooker

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
snookerguy wrote:didn't they actually do that Stephen Fry thing one tournament?

Yes, hence the joke really.

He once asked; "Which player has won the most World Championships? It's not who you think..."

The answer was Joe Davis.

The sad thing is Stephen Fry probably knows some great trivia about snooker

I'm sure he does.

If anything it was a slight misjudgement. They assumed fans would believe the answer was Stephen Hendry, as he has more Crucible wins, but not most World Titles.

I suspect a lot of fans do think that, but afterwards Hazel acknowledged: "That was one of the easier ones. Many seemed to get it in Twitter."