Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 3 (April 17th & 1

Postby vodkadiet

That was the worst final qualifying round that I have ever seen. The matches were uninspiring, and most of the qualifiers were uninspiring.

Maguire is the best of them. Day could be a threat if he can carry on his recent form. Lisowski could be the qualifier who exceeds expectations.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 19 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

"Maguire is the best of them. Day could be a threat if he can carry on his recent form. Lisowski could be the qualifier who exceeds expectations."

Good analysis Vodka - pretty spot on IMO. One exception.

Not a lot of bucking loyalty or support for Jimmy R from Islanders- the only pro who has taken the time to contribute to the Island this season.

Let's wish him well.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:"Maguire is the best of them. Day could be a threat if he can carry on his recent form. Lisowski could be the qualifier who exceeds expectations."

Good analysis Vodka - pretty spot on IMO. One exception.

Not a lot of bucking loyalty or support for Jimmy R from Islanders- the only pro who has taken the time to contribute to the Island this season.

Let's wish him well.

Jimmy Robertson is a giant killer waiting to happen. Could this be his time?

Postby TheSaviour

So WENNY got whitewashed. Trailing 0-9 after the first session. Were you f...... kidding me? Surely that was just dumb. He´s really good player, actually. Not any news but Michael Georgiou also got whitewashed 0-10. But his mid-range potting just always falls apart when the heavy pressure is on. So..

Stephen Maguire played very well. When he has last missed the big one. I would favour him to win the whole thing instead of Shaun Murphy or Ding Junhui, for example. At least Shaun won´t be having even a shout anymore. Not the greatest of success to the Chinese players. Well, was on the cards. Surely they should try to figure out a better concept. Just like Shaun Murphy certainly should. His personality is just too rubbish. Stuart Carrington once again did very well. Great stuff!!

Major body blows to many so called big or great players. But they can be happy as they just weren't and aren't just a good enough. Simply as that. So a summer holidays are already on.

I have been fearing to read the news that the legend Jimmy White now retires from the sport. Luckily the news haven´t been suchs, and I personally certainly reckon those shouldn´t be.

Once again, interesting to see how Ronnie will do. To be honest, he´s not the most mentally health person in the world. But that´s the best thing what might happen to you, when it strikes like that. So he also can´t be too unhappy. But many qualifiers now facing an "on-going critics"... You see.. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:GET IN THERE!.

Congrats Mags!.

It was,nt an "on fire" Mags,by any means,but he did enough.

Hard luck to Vafei,he did well to stick with him,but it was,nt good enough at the end.

Time for Hendry_Fan to have a glass,maybe 2 of :wine:

:happy: :cracker: Stephen Maguire!. :cracker: :happy:

Cheers Mr HF and everyone!

Thankyou Mr Gridlock.

I,ve got a few bottles o red which i hopefully can open during the Worlds,every time John,Mags n Graeme win,i,ll be downing a whole bottle. :party: :happy:

How bout yourself?,how much of the Worlds will you be watching and who bar the Scots will you be rootin for?. :-D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I enjoyed the Qualifying a lot.
I was slightly disappointed we did not get a late night finish like last year, but I thought Foulds and Walker were outstanding.
Somebody said up-thread how it would be good to adopt that format in the early stages of tournaments. I agree totally with that, and think it would be good for the lower players to gain some TV time.

Postby SnookerFan

Jealous.

Hoping I'll be able to have a drink during The Crucible.

My chest and stomach is still not great, though slightly better than it has been on and off. After extensive tests, The Doctors can't find anything medically wrong with me. I'm hoping there'll be the odd day when I feel well enough to be able to have a few drinks with the snooker, nothing heavy.

If I can't get snake hissed for Eurovision, I might as well jump in front of a train. No point in living otherwise. rofl

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I enjoyed the Qualifying a lot.
I was slightly disappointed we did not get a late night finish like last year, but I thought Foulds and Walker were outstanding.
Somebody said up-thread how it would be good to adopt that format in the early stages of tournaments. I agree totally with that, and think it would be good for the lower players to gain some TV time.

As much as I would like that, I doubt they'll do it.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:C'mon Teppy, Jack, Lyu, DAY!

The full set.

:-D

Congratulations Dan- :cat: ,Popping up a bottle o red? :wine: :-D

Thank you HF!

I'll be honest, I've had a couple of days at it - The Latvian has been back in Latvia seeing her Mum so I've had a couple of late night studio sessions with friends - work and fun, mainly green entertainment if you knowarramean ;-) some red wine too. It's been productive though, finished a remix and tweaked the vocal recording of pop tune. I did good work, two late nights though feeling a bit special.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Jealous.

Hoping I'll be able to have a drink during The Crucible.

My chest and stomach is still not great, though slightly better than it has been on and off. After extensive tests, The Doctors can't find anything medically wrong with me. I'm hoping there'll be the odd day when I feel well enough to be able to have a few drinks with the snooker, nothing heavy.

If I can't get snake hissed for Eurovision, I might as well jump in front of a train. No point in living otherwise. rofl

I read that you had been to the Drs and that you,ve stopped drinking beer,or at least you,re having a break from it. <ok>

Great to hear that The Doctors can't find anything medically wrong with you,i scincerely hope that your chest n stomach get better again.

Just saying,....i only drink alcohol about one evening every 3 weeks,when my best freind comes by,we down a bottle of red together and occasionally when Higgins wins,when Selbs wins a tourney,or sometimes when Ronnie loses, :-D ,other than that,i drink mainly Irn Bru,cuppas,(tea),water and diffrent types of fruit juice. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

The break has been slowly undoing itself. Felt really well a couple of weeks ago, and had a couple of pints with no ill affect. And a few weeks before that I'd forced a couple down when I probably shouldn't have, just due to being sick of being unwell.

Though, it does me no noticeable harm when I do do it. And I do feel a bit better generally, even if it is wildly inconsistent.

The pub by my house is giving away free Sausage And Mash on St. George's Day. Hoping for a bit of that.

Postby Gridlock

hendry_fan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Congrats Mags!.

Hard luck to Vafei,he did well to stick with him,but it was,nt good enough at the end.

Thankyou Mr Gridlock.

I,ve got a few bottles o red which i hopefully can open during the Worlds,every time John,Mags n Graeme win,i,ll be downing a whole bottle. :party: :happy:

How bout yourself?,how much of the Worlds will you be watching and who bar the Scots will you be rootin for?. :-D

Gonna try to watch a good portion. I'm torn in the Teppy - Higgins match. Mags-Ronnie I wouldn't mind Mags taking...but I'm sure everyone would say Ronnie gifted it!

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:C'mon Teppy, Jack, Lyu, DAY!

The full set.

:-D

Congratulations Dan- :cat: ,Popping up a bottle o red?

Thank you HF!

I'll be honest, I've had a couple of days at it - The Latvian has been back in Latvia seeing her Mum so I've had a couple of late night studio sessions with friends - work and fun, mainly green entertainment if you knowarramean ;-) some red wine too. It's been productive though, finished a remix and tweaked the vocal recording of pop tune. I did good work, two late nights though feeling a bit special.

"mainly green entertainment if you knowarramean ;-)"

Emm,i think i know what you mean,i aint 100% sure though. :chin: :-D

Good to hear your studio works goin well. :dj: <cool>
Last edited by hendry_fan on 19 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Congrats Mags!.

Thankyou Mr Gridlock.

How bout yourself?,how much of the Worlds will you be watching and who bar the Scots will you be rootin for?.
Gonna try to watch a good portion. I'm torn in the Teppy - Higgins match. Mags-Ronnie I wouldn't mind Mags taking...but I'm sure everyone would say Ronnie gifted it!

I,m sure you have a few bottles o good auld Scottish Whisky ready. :cracker: :party: :-D