Post a reply

Ryan Day watch

Postby SnookerFan

The form player of the last few weeks. Won his first few tournaments. Has to qualify. How far will he go?

Let's watch....

Re: Ryan Day watch

Postby Cloud Strife

He should qualify, tbh. His draw looks quite straightforward, but then again this is Ryan Day we're talking about so you can never be too sure he won't mess it up.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Will it be Ryan's Day?

Hahaha.

No he’s not playing

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Will it be Ryan's Day?

Hahaha.

No he’s not playing

Yeah, but will it be his day?

Get it?

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan you know I’m a big fan of both you and the “watch” format
But Ryan Day ?!# what were you thinking man!

Postby Holden Chinaski

sundaygirl wrote:SnookerFan you know I’m a big fan of both you and the “watch” format

Snookerfan was having a bad DAY!

HAHAHAHA rofl Get it?

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:SnookerFan you know I’m a big fan of both you and the “watch” format

It was Dan Cat's suggestion.

I could've gone with Yan Bingtao, as was also suggested. But I thought the guy who had won a few recent tournaments, and narrowly missed out on a top-16 spot was more apt somehow. Even if not exactly an exciting prospect.

I should have perhaps opened the discussion up a bit earlier, to give more people their say.

Though, I suspect as is tradition, somebody who doesn't understand the rules will come along eventually, and post a random Watch thread about a player who doesn't fit criteria.

Postby sundaygirl

Should be fine it, only happens in odd numbered years #Patterns

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

I could've gone with Yan Bingtao, as was also suggested. But I thought the guy who had won a few recent tournaments, and narrowly missed out on a top-16 spot was more apt somehow. Even if not exactly an exciting prospect.

I should have perhaps opened the discussion up a bit earlier, to give more people their say.

Though, I suspect as is tradition, somebody who doesn't understand the rules will come along eventually, and post a random Watch thread about a player who doesn't fit criteria.

I've dropped a song on Day reaching the quarters.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:

Ryan Day is a good choice in that he'll win a few matches, but probably won't have too deep a run so other players will get the opportunity to shine with their own Watch thread.

I remember the first year we did it every player who got a Watch thread lost their very next match so we ended up with a bunch of them.

And then the following year we chose Ding to start off with and he managed to go all the way to the final.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ryan Day is a good choice in that he'll win a few matches, but probably won't have too deep a run so other players will get the opportunity to shine with their own Watch thread.

I remember the first year we did it every player who got a Watch thread lost their very next match so we ended up with a bunch of them.

And then the following year we chose Ding to start off with and he managed to go all the way to the final.

That second year, we should've had a Mark Selby Watch Thread when he won the title. I don't think we bothered. rofl

The first year, it was like a curse, I think. I'm not sure many people successfully defended The Watch Thread. Most people who won the match, then lost their next match.

Fun times....

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:I want a Yan Bingtao thread!

As The Watch Thread was originally started with the intention of seriously following a player's progress throughout the tournament (Reanne Evans), I always try to think of a player who there is some reason why a person would create a genuine thread.

I like Yan Bingtao, and he's an immense talent. But, some reason, Ryan Day felt a better choice. The last few months he's had the best form of his career, and won a lot of tournaments. He narrowly escaped being in the top-16. It almost felt like I was curious how he'd do this year, after he came into form just pre-Crucible.

Yan, I didn't see any reason why we should be curious about him specifically.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Day might have to play Peter Ebdon in the final round which could be interesting.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Day might have to play Peter Ebdon in the final round which could be interesting.

Oh no.

I don't want an Ebdon Watch Thread.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:Imagine a Selby vs Ebdon first round match.

Not another Ronnie fanboy slagging of Selby.
Why can't we like both??? rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Imagine a Selby vs Ebdon first round match.

Not another Ronnie fanboy slagging of Selby.
Why can't we like both??? rofl rofl

Or dislike both? rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who is Ryan's first opponent?

Igor

The bloke from Count Duckula?