Post a reply

The Crucible On Facebook

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker’s biggest tournament will be broadcast on Facebook Live throughout North and South America as well as and the Indian Sub-Continent for the second consecutive year.

The Betfred World Championship runs from April 21 to May 7 and the entire tournament will be broadcast live on Facebook in nearly 40 countries throughout North and South America as well as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka.

Fans in those territories will be able to watch the event FREE simply by connecting to World Snooker’s Facebook page.

The live broadcast will include coverage of both tables from the famous Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, as 32 players battle for one of the most prestigious titles in sport.

The Betfred World Championship was broadcast on Facebook Live in the same territories for the first time last year, generating a total of 3.2 million video views and 53 million post impressions.

Pakistan had the highest number of fans watching the broadcast, with 576,000 video views, followed by India, Brazil, Colombia and the USA.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: “This is fantastic news for snooker fan across the globe as it means that people in many territories where we do not have television coverage can watch our biggest tournament for free on Facebook Live.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-snook ... book-live/

Re: The Crucible On Facebook

Postby Gridlock

Thank you SF and Danno for the thoughts! I hope to start watching on videostream.dn.ua tomorrow 5 am! Looks like Gouldy!

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:BRILLIANT!!!

Griddy must be well stoked.

Yeah, that's who I put that up for mainly. :hatoff:

Thank you sir. I am touched.

Postby Gridlock

Also been enjoying the Judgment Day coverage! Cheers!

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Fans in those territories will be able to watch the event FREE simply by connecting to World Snooker’s Facebook page.

*in return for their soul, their dignity, and a bucketful of personal data

Postby Gridlock

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Luckily I have very little on Facebook.

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Luckily I have very little on Facebook.

I have very little dignity anywhere.

Postby Gridlock

Just a note to say asfar as I see the Facebook coverage has not happened. At least here in the US, I would be interested in hearing if brazil, Australia, etc has the same experience.