Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 1 (April 11th~14t

Postby Deewee

aimlesswandeer wrote:Any word on the streaming matches tomorrow?

I’m guessing White vs Perry and either Yan vs Tian or Dott vs Sonny in the morning. Then Anda vs Gould and Liang vs Zhao (though I’d rather see the Donaldson and Thepchaiya matches).

They're streaming White/Perry and Gilbert-Burden(???) Anda/Gould and Liang/Zhao tomorrow

Postby vodkadiet

Deewee wrote:"King said it is disrespectful not to put your hand up when you have a bit of run, Greene said he never apologizes.." I was a bit surprised he never raised his hand the amount of luck he got

Why should Greene apologise? They both want to win. Players should punch the air if they get a fluke.

King is just a journeyman who has to rely on luck to get anywhere.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Deewee wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Any word on the streaming matches tomorrow?

I’m guessing White vs Perry and either Yan vs Tian or Dott vs Sonny in the morning. Then Anda vs Gould and Liang vs Zhao (though I’d rather see the Donaldson and Thepchaiya matches).

They're streaming White/Perry and Gilbert-Burden(???) Anda/Gould and Liang/Zhao tomorrow

Thanks. Gilbert v Burden seems an odd choice. The rest are as expected. Hopefully they’re more competitive than a lot of the streamed first round matches.

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:Rhys Clark avoids the whitewash by winning a black ball game on the 10th.

Aye and in the end manages to snatch another frame.

It,s 10-2 to Angles though.

Well done Alan,the old fogey is still able to show some young guns how it,s done. :happy:

Mags also wins very comfortably,by beating Allan Taylor,by 10 framers to 5.

The force sends Thai-phoon back to Thailand with an impressive 10-4 win,his AST is also impressive= 29.6 secs,that aint bad for Mr Ebdon. :clap:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Almost an hour for the first frame of Mitchell Man vs Peter Lines. I really hope Mann doesn’t qualify.

I want him to draw Selby.

Selby would win that match 10-2, but take about 10 hours to do it.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Almost an hour for the first frame of Mitchell Man vs Peter Lines. I really hope Mann doesn’t qualify.

Selby would win that match 10-2, but take about 10 hours to do it.

Think he beat O'Brien last year by a similar score but the match was very slow...

Postby aimlesswandeer

SnookerFan wrote:

He’s probably going to have to win at least a couple of matches in qualifilying to stay on tour, so a match-up at Q School with his idol and role model Barry Pinches is a more likely outcome.

Postby vodkadiet

aimlesswandeer wrote:Just Mann vs Lines left. It’s taken almost 9 hours to play 14 frames. They’re taking almost 40 minutes per frame so if it went the distance it would be going till 3am, but it looks like Mitchell is going to win.

'Mann alive!'