Post a reply

Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 1 (April 11th~14th)

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 11th ~ Saturday 14th of April at the English Institute of Sport, Sheffield

The Betfred World championship has come along again with 144 players over a Month trying to lift the coverted trophy.

Mark Selby going for title no 4 and Ronnie O'Sullivan for title no 6 or can we have a new winner Ding Junhui, Judd Trump, Mark Allen or even a outside bet Yan Bingtao or Luca Brecel only time will tell.

Before we get to the Crucible theres 8 days qualifying at the English institute of Sport in sheffield. in Round 1 2 time ranking event winner Ryan Day will head the field that contains Strong oposition from Joe Perry, Stephen Maguire, Liang Wenbo, Martin Gould, Graeme Dott and Ricky Walden all hoping to win 3 best of 19 Matches to take their place in the Main Draw.

Who will progress in to Round 2 and keep their hopes alive?

DRAW

Selected 1st Round Matches

Ryan Day v Igor Figueiredo
Peter Ebdon v James Wattana
Zhou Yuelong v Ian Preece
Tom Ford v Leo Fernandez
Matthew Selt v Ng On Yee
Xiao Guodong v Chris Totten
Stuart Carrington v Nigel Bond
Ben Woollaston v Kacper Filipiak
Martin Gould v Paul Davison
Graeme Dott v Adrian Ridley
Akani Songsermsawad v Kukas Kleckers
Dominic Dale v Reanne Evans
Elliot Slessor v Eden Sharav
Rory McLeod v Ian Burns
Li Hang v Ashley Hugill
Lyu Haotian v Fang Xiongman
Anthony Hamilton v Martin O'Donnell
Fergal O'Brien v Yuan Sijun
Ken Doherty v Josh Boileau
Liang Wenbo v Rod Lawler
Jack Lisowski v Christopher Keogan
David Grace v Wang Yuchen
Alan McManus v Rhys Clark
Cao Yupeng v Robin Hull
Ricky Walden v Joe Swail
Michael Georgiou v Matthew Bolton
Sam Craigie v Jimmy White
Joe Perry v Ross Muir
Yan Bingtao v Jackson Page
Gary Wilson v Adam Stefanow
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Alexander Ursenbacher
Sam Baird v Soheil Vahedi
Jimmy Robertson v Alex Borg
Michael White v Niu Zhuang
Noppon Saengkham v Chen Zifan
Hossein Vafaei v Jamie Cope
Hammad Miah v Jordan Brown
Stephen Maguire v Allan Taylor

Players in Bold appeared at the Crucible in 2017

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 1 (April 11th~14t

Postby Andre147

The World Championship Qualifiers, whilst not being a tournament in itself, is better than most tournaments on the calendar:

The tension, pressure around is just second to none! I'll be watching it as much I can.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:The World Championship Qualifiers, whilst not being a tournament in itself, is better than most tournaments on the calendar:

The tension, pressure around is just second to none! I'll be watching it as much I can.

I've always said it's the second best event on the calendar.

Postby The_Abbott

How come Matthew Stevens' section is tough and Matt Selt's is easy?

Edit: Actually Selt has got Xiao Guodong so maybe it isn't that easy but its still the easiest section,

Ebdon will need to defeat Ryan Day if he wants to be in with a chance of a crucible return.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:How come Matthew Stevens' section is tough and Matt Selt's is easy?

Edit: Actually Selt has got Xiao Guodong so maybe it isn't that easy but its still the easiest section,

Ebdon will need to defeat Ryan Day if he wants to be in with a chance of a crucible return.

I'd rather have Ryan Day anyway.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:The World Championship Qualifiers, whilst not being a tournament in itself, is better than most tournaments on the calendar:

Just behind The Indian Open.

Postby Wildey

Just so that everyone knows there are some things thats not acceptable on here and its been braught to my atention there was a incident last night regarding a thread on the forum.

Any Incident like that or even less the person responsable will be banned until May the 8th at the earliest. hope thats clear to everyone.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

The Final Qualifying round is possibly my best Round of the Season behind the World Final.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:Just so that everyone knows there are some things thats not acceptable on here and its been braught to my atention there was a incident last night regarding a thread on the forum.

Any Incident like that or even less the person responsable will be banned until May the 8th at the earliest. hope thats clear to everyone.

What was the incident?

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:Just so that everyone knows there are some things thats not acceptable on here and its been braught to my atention there was a incident last night regarding a thread on the forum.

What was the incident?

I managed to see the thread late last night. Pink Ball was involved and it was about Selby lol.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

What was the incident?

I managed to see the thread late last night. Pink Ball was involved and it was about Selby lol.

If it was about Sullivan it would had been stickied