Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final: Murphy v O'Sullivan !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Murphy should win. O'Sullivan has been playing too much recently. It is affecting his play. He needs to take a rest after this. He is 42, not 22! Playing next week would be foolhardy.

Yea I think he should pull out today so he is properly refreshed for the Scottish Open

rofl

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:I already saw snow. Last week when it hit York.

Snow in York not really that useful in preventing my mother child sitting, thus enabling me it watch Shaun and Ronnie all day. Large drifts of the stuff in rural Bedfordshire is what’s needed and currently its paused at a couple of cm.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:First UK final I won't watch since 2002

Why didnt you watch the 2002 Final?

It was some of the best, 10-9 MJW v Doherty.

School disco

Postby Chalk McHugh

It's major Sunday for Ronnie and his legion of adoring fans.Yessss.A special day as we all know.I'm really looking forward to this,if not a little worried.

Murphy has played the better snooker this week and even though Ronnie is hell bent on reversing the COC result i must go with my head over my heart and i predict a 10-7 win for Smurf which would be so disappointing.

Enjoy Rocket fans.Who knows how many major Sundays we will have to enjoy in future.Not very many i sadly suspect.Savour it and the best of luck to our hero!!!C'mon Ronnie!!!!

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

I don't think Ronnie's playing well enough for this to be a runaway victory for him. I expect a tight match, 10-6 or 10-7 Ronnie.

He should apply the same tactic he had when he came to the Final in Shanghai against Trump: tight safeties, dont take anything too risky or silly. Murphy then will have to resort to taking risky shots like Trump did. That's Ronnie's advantage here, use his safety play wisely.

Hopefully Ronnie wins it and equals boyhood Davis on 6 UK Titles won, and Hendry on 18 TC events.
Last edited by Andre147 on 10 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
I feel that Ronnie isn't at 100% due to fatigue.

Why? Was he digging in the earth for buried treasures?

Snooker requires great levels of concentration. Add that to traveling from tournament to tournament, and you can get more drained than by doing physical work.

That's true without a shadow of a doubt. Remind me again what Shaun Murphy is doing for a living?

Ronnie's played far more than Murphy recently, tbf. Not saying fatigue will come into it, just pointing out a fact.

Looking for a early excuse in case things dont go to plan.

remember one thing been there done that i know exactly how it works <ok>

Postby Rockettim147

Chalk McHugh wrote:It's major Sunday for Ronnie and his legion of adoring fans.Yessss.A special day as we all know.I'm really looking forward to this,if not a little worried.

Murphy has played the better snooker this week and even though Ronnie is hell bent on reversing the COC result i must go with my head over my heart and i predict
a 10-7 win for Smurf which would be so disappointing.

Enjoy Rocket fans.Who knows how many major Sundays we will have to enjoy in future.Not very many i sadly suspect.Savour it and the best of luck to our hero!!!C'mon Ronnie!!!!

Cmon Ronnie. I hope and pray Ronnie wins. He needs to for his fans

Postby Andre147

Ronnie losing wont be due to fatigue thats for sure.

His loss to Slessor might have had something to do with that, but certainly not here if he does lose. Like another poster said yesterday, if Ronnie went to lose this one, it would be quite bizarre... has a great h2h, but for some bizarre reason loses Finals against Murphy.

Should be a good open match, I do think it will be better standard than their CoC Final.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie losing wont be due to fatigue thats for sure.

His loss to Slessor might have had something to do with that, but certainly not here if he does lose.

Should be a good open match, I do think it will be better standard than their CoC Final.

i think ronnie needs to grind a bit early match.

in the CoC he tried to blast murphy out of the water and it didnt work then he got frustrated.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie losing wont be due to fatigue thats for sure.

His loss to Slessor might have had something to do with that, but certainly not here if he does lose.

I agree. Don't believe fatigue will be a factor.

I wasn't trying to prepare excuses or anything, just saying that Ronnie has played far more than Murphy recently, which is a fact, so it wasn't a fair comparison to make as that previous poster was doing.