Post a reply

Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Tuesday 28th of November ~ Sunday 10th of December at the York, Barbican

It's down to the Final match of the United Kingdom Championship, and, despite all the shock results all tournament and with only two Top 16 players making it to the Quarter-Finals, the Final still features WN4 and WN6. It's Shaun Murphy, into his 4th Final of the season, up against Ronnie O'Sullivan, into his 5th.

Their last match was that recent Champion of Champions Final, which Murphy won 10-8 having led 9-5 and finally beating O'Sullivan in a multi-session match.

Will Murphy once again prevail and win a 2nd UK Title, or will O'Sullivan win and get a 6th, equalling legend Steve Davis and (so far) winning 3 ranking events on the same season, something he's only done once?

All to play in the Final, with a UK Title and £170,000 up for grabs.

DRAW

Final

Shaun Murphy v Ronnie O'Sullivan

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: O'Sullivan leads 10-4
Main Tournaments: O'Sullivan leads 5-2
Multi-session matches:O'Sullivan leads 3-1
Finals : Tied at 2-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why isn't Selbo playing?

He got knocked out already.

SAY WHAT!?

I believe you were in possession of this information already. I see no sense in you keep asking the same question, when you knew the answer beforehand.

Re: Betway UK Championship Final: Murphy v O'Sullivan !!!

Postby TheRocket

Murphys long potting has been phenomenal those last two three matches so it'll be interesting to see whether he can keep up that standard for the final. If yes, Ronnie definitely has to improve his safety game. I think it'll be a close match.

Ronnie isn't playing well enough atm to beat Murphy comfortably. Still expect him to win though. Something like 10:7.

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Anyway...

Ronnie should apply a similar tactic to his Shanghai Final... play the percentages, dont take anything too risky, and Murphy, much like Trump, will only have attack left.

Should be a good final. Hope Ronnie wins that 6th UK title. Equals Davis, and ties Hendry on 18 TC events won.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Murphys long potting has been phenomenal those last two three matches so it'll be interesting to see whether he can keep up that standard for the final. If yes, Ronnie definitely has to improve his safety game. I think it'll be a close match.

Ronnie isn't playing well enough atm to beat Murphy comfortably. Still expect him to win though. Something like 10:7.

I feel that Ronnie isn't at 100% due to fatigue.
As 4 Murphy's long potting, you are right, he's in the groove atm. That's why I said Ronn should rely on his superior safety and deny Murphy opportunities.

Postby Souvent

A 1-2 record in finals against Murphy is pretty bad considering the overall H2H is 10-4 for O'Sullivan.
If it becomes 1-3 tomorrow it will not only be disappointing, but a sign that in important matches Murphy - for some bizarre reason - seems to get the better of Ronnie.

Postby Johnny Bravo

snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Why? Was he digging in the earth for buried treasures?

Snooker requires great levels of concentration. Add that to traveling from tournament to tournament, and you can get more drained than by doing physical work.

Postby snucar

Johnny Bravo wrote:
snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Snooker requires great levels of concentration. Add that to traveling from tournament to tournament, and you can get more drained than by doing physical work.

That's true without a shadow of a doubt. Remind me again what Shaun Murphy is doing for a living?

Postby vodkadiet

Murphy should win. O'Sullivan has been playing too much recently. It is affecting his play. He needs to take a rest after this. He is 42, not 22! Playing next week would be foolhardy.

Postby Cloud Strife

snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

That's true without a shadow of a doubt. Remind me again what Shaun Murphy is doing for a living?

Ronnie's played far more than Murphy recently, tbf. Not saying fatigue will come into it, just pointing out a fact.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
snucar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

A magician?

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet wrote:Murphy should win. O'Sullivan has been playing too much recently. It is affecting his play. He needs to take a rest after this. He is 42, not 22! Playing next week would be foolhardy.

Yea I think he should pull out today so he is properly refreshed for the Scottish Open

Postby Alex0paul

This first mini session will be crucial. You always want to try and win the first mini session 3-1 so if you share the other mini sessions then you can't lose.

MINI SESSIONS