Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Mind you, Ronnie maybe even breaks Robbo's much talked about 100+ century record this season. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

He'll smash his 53 thats for sure.

What you're saying depends how much he plays in the New Year. He might cool down a bit. He deserves it.

Ronnie won't play in the championship league.

Postby Alex0paul

Hope the Masters is better than what we've just had to witness. Obviously everyone has their bias blinkers on but that was truly the worst standard of a major I've ever seen.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:Hope the Masters is better than what we've just had to witness. Obviously everyone has their bias blinkers on but that was truly the worst standard of a major I've ever seen.

But you have to admit the final was a classic? The standard in the final was amazing. You have to admit.

Postby Alex0paul

Snooker Overdrive wrote:As soon as Akani messed up his chance at 5-4 to take out Ronnie, I think this Ronnie win was set in stone.

It was set once Trump lost on Monday. There was nobody left capable of beating him.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Hope the Masters is better than what we've just had to witness. Obviously everyone has their bias blinkers on but that was truly the worst standard of a major I've ever seen.

Not in the Final though.

Standard in the Final was as good as ever. If you cant acknowledge that then its you who has blinkers.

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:

But you have to admit the final was a classic? The standard in the final was amazing. You have to admit.

I fell asleep at 5-5 and woke up and it was over lol

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:Brilliant snooker from 1992 to 2017 and still winning. :hatoff: It's truly amazing. What a legendary sportsman Ronnie is :hatoff:

Ronnie's the only truly global superstar snooker has ever had. He's not bigger than the sport, but to close to it, imo.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

That's because you're not a real snooker fan. Don't worry about it.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:As soon as Akani messed up his chance at 5-4 to take out Ronnie, I think this Ronnie win was set in stone.

It was set once Trump lost on Monday. There was nobody left capable of beating him.

Remember when we were recycling ourself that he might have to play Hawkins?

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Pfft if you say so. I was out celebrating my birthday until 6am the night before.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

DECLINE!

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Pfft if you say so. I was out celebrating my birthday until 6am the night before.

Happy birthday.

Postby Hyperion

Alex0paul wrote:

Yeah, we all imagined Murphy beating him a few weeks back. The fact that you have to reconcile is that, on any given day, Ronnie can and has beaten every great player. You may as well use that lame ass response about ANY player. It's almost as if you think any final that doesn't have Selby or Higgins in is void. And yet he's got superior h2h against those as well, and has blown Higgins away all year.

Your bitterness is amusing. You simply don't want to admit Ronnie is the best and that he deserves his win. But nothing is going to change it. Deal with it. :dance2:
Last edited by Hyperion on 10 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie's got this. Just give him the trophy.

:goodpost:

And that was before the match.

It feels good to still have so much faith in Ronnie after all these years. He's 42 but he's as good as ever in my opinion.

I've been saying for years I think he can win 8 world titles and I still believe he can.

I think a maximum of 6. In spite of snookerfan's jokes about the matter, I'm still in the camp of believing that he is in decline. The reason he's doing so well recently is because the improvement in his temperament masks the decline in his physical game. If he had started off with this temperament then he'd have won 15 world titles by now.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Brilliant snooker from 1992 to 2017 and still winning. :hatoff: It's truly amazing. What a legendary sportsman Ronnie is :hatoff:

Ronnie's the only truly global superstar snooker has ever had. He's not bigger than the sport, but to close to it, imo.

There was a girl over at my place during the final. I give guitar lessons. The snooker was on. She knew nothing about snooker but she knew Ronnie's name. And I'm in Belgium. And she's from Croatia (but living in Belgium).

Postby TheRocket

Andy Spark wrote:I think a maximum of 6. In spite of snookerfan's jokes about the matter, I'm still in the camp of believing that he is in decline. The reason he's doing so well recently is because the improvement in his temperament masks the decline in his physical game. If he had started off with this temperament then he'd have won 15 world titles by now.

I'm in the same camp. If Peters had arrived in the late 90's, the first decade of the 21st century would have been totally dominated by O'Sullivan the way Hendry did in the 90's.

His mental skills are better than ever now, that's why he's still playing like this.

Postby Alex0paul

Hyperion wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Yeah, we all imagined Murphy beating him a few weeks back. The fact that you have to reconcile is that, on any given day, Ronnie can and has beaten every great player. You may as well use that lame ass response about ANY player. It's almost as if you think any final that doesn't have Selby or Higgins in is void. And yet he's got superior h2h against those as well, and has blown Higgins away all year.

Your bitterness is amusing. You simply don't want to admit Ronnie is the best and that he deserves his win. But nothing is going to change it. Deal with it. :dance2:

He will be the best once he's won 8 Worlds. A proper format of a major not some bastardised version of a once great major.

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Belated Happy Birthday!

What a present Ronnie's given you today, eh? :)

Postby Andre147

If peters had come along 15 or more years ago, it woulnt be the same Ronnie O'Sullivan we know. I wouldnt change it.

What I would change is him winning the 2014 Worlds. He could then have a real shot of 7 World Titles.

Postby Hyperion

Alex0paul wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

He will be the best once he's won 8 Worlds. A proper format of a major not some bastardised version of a once great major.

And then, no doubt, you'll move the goalposts again and declare that Ronnie didn't beat Nigel Bond in the final. rofl

Postby Alex0paul

Hyperion wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Postby Alex0paul

Iranu wrote:
Belated Happy Birthday!

What a present Ronnie's given you today, eh? :)

Indeed. Anyone but Murphy is always a pleasure

Postby Holden Chinaski

If Ronnie keeps enjoying the game and decides to play for another 5 years at least, I see no reason why he can't win another 3 world titles. It really can happen. If he really goes for that record he might do it.

But it doesn't have to happen. Everybody who has some importance in the snooker world already knows he's the best. But Hendry was great as well, no disrespect to him. He was amazing. Ronnie's just a freak talent and Hendry knows it as well.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Aah man - there is no need for unkind words here.

It wasn't the greatest tournament, but the standard in the final was incredible.

Love or hate Ronnie, it must be appreciated that the standard he showed just now is something that is incredibly positive for the sport.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Aah man - there is no need for unkind words here.

It wasn't the greatest tournament, but the standard in the final was incredible.

Love or hate Ronnie, it must be appreciated that the standard he showed just now is something that is incredibly positive for the sport.

Reported.