Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

This may sound a bit of a silly thing to say, but I honestly believe Ronnie wouldn't have won even half the tournaments he's won since 2012 had he lost that match against Andrew Higginson. Won it 5-4 from 4-0 down. He was as down as he could possibly be, hadnt won a ranker since 2009 and was about to go outside Top 16.

So that tournament and that particular match truly was O'Sullivan rising from the dead, and we all know what he's achieved since then!

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:This may sound a bit of a silly thing to say, but I honestly believe Ronnie wouldn't have won even half the tournaments he's won since 2012 had he lost that match against Andrew Higginson. Won it 5-4 from 4-0 down. He was as down as he could possibly be, hadnt won a ranker since 2009 and was about to go outside Top 16.

So that tournament and that particular match truly was O'Sullivan rising from the dead, and we all know what he's achieved since then!

That match was a huge turning point.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:This may sound a bit of a silly thing to say, but I honestly believe Ronnie wouldn't have won even half the tournaments he's won since 2012 had he lost that match against Andrew Higginson. Won it 5-4 from 4-0 down. He was as down as he could possibly be, hadnt won a ranker since 2009 and was about to go outside Top 16.

Incredible to think he hadn't won a ranker in 3 years! And here we are now, he's won 3 in half a season lol.

Postby Andre147

Hendry won his 18 Triple Crown events in the span of 10 years between 1989 and 1999.

Ronnie has done it in the span of 24 years, between 1993 and 2017.

Both are very very impressive in their own right.

Postby vodkadiet

Murphy's snooker reminds of a guy who has anal sex with prostitutes without a condom and doesn't expect to end up in the sexual health clinic...

Postby TheRocket

He didn't play anywhere near to his best in the earlier rounds and looked beatable. But then he produced his best match in the final. So did he in the English Open and in Shanghai. Thats what he was always known for in the past. So this today was like the old vintage O'Sullivan.

And the complete opposite to what we did see last season. The finals last year were painful to watch.

Postby Andre147

"He beat me last time at the Champion of Champions, and I didn't want to lose 2 Finals on the bounce"

There's your answer of how much Ronnie wanted to win this one. :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan will never settle the greatest of all time argument until he wins 7 world titles, no matter what anyone says.

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan will never settle the greatest of all time argument until he wins 7 world titles, no matter what anyone says.

If he wins it in 2018, he will.
Most people already consider him the greatest

Postby Wildey

Ronnie has only once before won 3 rankers in a season he must stand a chance of making it 4 even 5 and beyond by the end of the season and make it the best season he or anyone has had BUT hes playing a lot of snooker this season the crucible gruelling schedule might be a step to far.

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan will never settle the greatest of all time argument until he wins 7 world titles, no matter what anyone says.

Agreed. Its the only true format now.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Ronnie has only once before won 3 rankers in a season he must stand a chance of making it 4 even 5 and beyond by the end of the season and make it the best season he or anyone has had BUT hes playing a lot of snooker this season the crucible gruelling schedule might be a step to far.

Nothing can take away the brilliant season Ronnie has had, even if he lost first round at The Crucible.

But yes, this gruelling schedulle might be a step too far for the Crucible come April.

I hope he cools it down in the New Year and gives himself the best possible chance there.

Postby Gridlock

Was able to watch most of this live and yes major kudos to sir ronnie. My lagavulin 200 is toasted to him tonight.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie has only once before won 3 rankers in a season he must stand a chance of making it 4 even 5 and beyond by the end of the season and make it the best season he or anyone has had BUT hes playing a lot of snooker this season the crucible gruelling schedule might be a step to far.

Nothing can take away the brilliant season Ronnie has had, even if he lost first round at The Crucible.

But yes, this gruelling schedulle might be a step too far for the Crucible come April.

I hope he cools it down in the New Year and gives himself the best possible chance there.

I can only see him skipping the Shootout and Gibraltar

Postby Andre147

SO said it and I echo his thoughts..

Hendry's 36 rankers just seemed impossible to achieve, but now Ronnie is just within 5.

You haters can say all you want (more tournaments now, blah blah), but Ronnie deserves every single credit for what he's done. I now believe he can equal that and even beat it.

Postby TheRocket

I dont think O'Sullivan will play the China Open after winning that ranker in Shanghai. Which would mean one month rest before the World Championship.

One thing for sure. If O'Sullivan wins the Masters the hype would be massive. And no doubt that winning all three big events is a much bigger achievement than breaking that ranking title record.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I dont think O'Sullivan will play the China Open after winning that ranker in Shanghai. Which would mean one month rest before the World Championship.

One thing for sure. If O'Sullivan wins the Masters the hype would be massive. And no doubt that winning all three big events is a much bigger achievement than breaking that ranking title record.

He can do both! :-D

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's got one of his major goals which was win a ranker in China.. yes he could skip China Open. But a lot can happen between now and then.

Postby Andre147

History tells us Ronnie never won the Masters after winning the UK.

After winning the UK, the furthest he's got was actually 2 years ago... he lost in the semis v Robbo.

So history doesn't favour him for The Masters next year. Hope he can reverse that.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:SO said it and I echo his thoughts..

Hendry's 36 rankers just seemed impossible to achieve, but now Ronnie is just within 5.

You haters can say all you want (more tournaments now, blah blah), but Ronnie deserves every single credit for what he's done. I now believe he can equal that and even beat it.

Mate your better than that.

NO single player can be liked by everyone. everyone has their faves but just because someone has a different opinion does not make them haters.

Postby Andy Spark

Alex0paul wrote:

Agreed. Its the only true format now.

Are you suggesting that the GOAT debate can ever be settled?

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

NO single player can be liked by everyone. everyone has their faves but just because someone has a different opinion does not make them haters.

Difference is when a playe I dont like wins a title, I still congratulate him and give him credit.

When O'Sullivan wins a title, you don't see them doing that. I'm talking about me, cant speak for others, but thats what I always do.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Difference is when a playe I dont like wins a title, I still congratulate him and give him credit.

When O'Sullivan wins a title, you don't see them doing that. I'm talking about me, cant speak for others, but thats what I always do.

<ok>

Indeed.

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:If O'Sullivan wins 7 World titles then he's the greatest for me.

Nobody cares.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me. Your contribution is vital.