Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:If O'Sullivan wins 7 World titles then he's the greatest for me.

Nobody cares.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me. Your contribution is vital.

No problem.

Postby SnookerFan

Got to work out a strategy.

My visit to York was a belter. But the TV coverage somehow made the tournament feel blah. (Yes, yes. Final aside.)

Maybe I should go for the whole two weeks to York. rofl

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:Got to work out a strategy.

My visit to York was a belter. But the TV coverage somehow made the tournament feel blah. (Yes, yes. Final aside.)

Maybe I should go for the whole two weeks to York. rofl

Tempting. Even though it's a shadow of the tournament it once was, in terms of live snooker it has a lot going for it. Was in York the years Maguire and Ding won. The Barbican is an excellent venue, and York is a great city. Reminds me of my home city.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Tempting. Even though it's a shadow of the tournament it once was, in terms of live snooker it has a lot going for it. Was in York the years Maguire and Ding won. The Barbican is an excellent venue, and York is a great city. Reminds me of my home city.

Nearly booked a hotel. (That was on 'Book A Year in advance, get 80% of the price off' deal.) But then noticed it didn't have evening meals, so left it.

York, I had look around at. I found it a bit dull, but I find everything dull. I'm dull. But the Barbican, to quote John Parrott, was fabulous. Really enjoyed it.

I agree with you. The visiting of it week was the best part of the tournament, for me.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Achievements outweigh opinion every time - Clive Everton

That too is an opinion, though.

<ok>

You could make the argument Joe Davis is the greatest, based on achievements.

Postby Dan-cat

This is a short and very insightful interview with Ronnie and Rob Walker:
https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker1/statu ... 1751576576

'I didn't look at the scoreboard, and I ignored the thoughts in my head, I just focused on each ball in front of me' <- Steve Peters coaching in a nutshell

'I can't imagine being 60 and not being able to make a 100.'

Postby Dan-cat

I watched the final last night with friends so didn't want to post as it would have been anti-social (nice enough of them to put up with me watching it and pretend to enjoy it.) The acrimony on here yesterday (mainly Ronnie fans it must be said) was a bit unnecessary?

Here's the news. You can be a fan of Ronnie AND not have to insist he's the greatest ever. Try it. It's fun. :P

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:From World Snooker:

In 7 weeks, Ronnie O'Sullivan has:

- Won 3 ranking titles
- Pocketed £450,000
- Won a record-equalling 6th UK title

DECLINE!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:I watched the final last night with friends so didn't want to post as it would have been anti-social (nice enough of them to put up with me watching it and pretend to enjoy it.) The acrimony on here yesterday (mainly Ronnie fans it must be said) was a bit unnecessary?

Here's the news. You can be a fan of Ronnie AND not have to insist he's the greatest ever. Try it. It's fun. :P

I'm a huge Hendry fan myself, I have a lot of respect for the guy. But Ronnie's longevity makes me say he's the greatest now. He's been brilliant from age 17 to 42 and still going. That's unreal.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:'I didn't look at the scoreboard, and I ignored the thoughts in my head, I just focused on each ball in front of me' <- Steve Peters coaching in a nutshell

If he keeps that mindset he'll keep winning tournaments. No doubt.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:From World Snooker:

In 7 weeks, Ronnie O'Sullivan has:

- Won 3 ranking titles
- Pocketed £450,000
- Won a record-equalling 6th UK title

:bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I watched the final last night with friends so didn't want to post as it would have been anti-social (nice enough of them to put up with me watching it and pretend to enjoy it.) The acrimony on here yesterday (mainly Ronnie fans it must be said) was a bit unnecessary?

In slight defence of said Ronnie fans, he is very close to closing the Ronnie vs Hendry debate once and for all. That's another record broken yesterday. So, at least last night, you can justify the GOAT debate sneaking in.

I find the overreactions to him playing one bad shot, or one bad match more annoying. He can't lose the coin toss, without people congratulating his opponent on winning the match. <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:'I didn't look at the scoreboard, and I ignored the thoughts in my head, I just focused on each ball in front of me' <- Steve Peters coaching in a nutshell

This is key for peak performance in anything. Ignore the inner-chimp/mind/ego chatter and focus. I do a whole section on snooker in my self-development seminar, related to Ronnie and Dr Steve Peters and while I'm talking Ronnie's 5 min 20 seconds 147 plays behind me speeded up :)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

This is key for peak performance in anything. Ignore the inner-chimp/mind/ego chatter and focus. I do a whole section on snooker in my self-development seminar, related to Ronnie and Dr Steve Peters and while I'm talking Ronnie's 5 min 20 seconds 147 plays behind me speeded up :)

<ok>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

In slight defence of said Ronnie fans, he is very close to closing the Ronnie vs Hendry debate once and for all. That's another record broken yesterday. So, at least last night, you can justify the GOAT debate sneaking in.

I find the overreactions to him playing one bad shot, or one bad match more annoying. He can't lose the coin toss, without people congratulating his opponent on winning the match. <laugh>

Lolz I know. You called his last two recent victories from the early rounds!

Yesterday I was trying to find the afternoon session to watch it on youtube around 5pm. I hadn't been checking the scores or able to watch so I wanted to try and squeeze it in before the evening session started.

The first youtube comment? Our beloved Masterdoctorgenius saying 'Ronnie choked.' Immediately I assumed Murphy had raced into a 7-1 or 6-2 lead. I didn't even bother to watch it, just figured I'd wait till 7pm and watch the evening session. When I turned on and discovered it was 4-all I did a little jig!

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:Achievements outweigh opinion every time - Clive Everton

Its not as if O'Sullivan hasn't won anything though. He has won more UK and Masters titles than Hendry and might break that ranking title record. He also has the longevity which Hendry never had.

I definitely agree though that Hendrys 2 more World titles are a very strong argument and O'Sullivan needs to win at least one more World title and close the gap.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

Yesterday I was trying to find the afternoon session to watch it on youtube around 5pm. I hadn't been checking the scores or able to watch so I wanted to try and squeeze it in before the evening session started.

The first youtube comment? Our beloved Masterdoctorgenius saying 'Ronnie choked.' Immediately I assumed Murphy had raced into a 7-1 or 6-2 lead. I didn't even bother to watch it, just figured I'd wait till 7pm and watch the evening session. When I turned on and discovered it was 4-all I did a little jig!

From about second Tuesday, Murphy and Ronnie were the only top players left. It weren't hard to predict that they'd be in the final.

But even if that wasn't the case, Ronnie has just looked so good this season. I'd be surprised if he didn't win The Masters, as well.

Unless he slightly misjudges a safety shot in Round 1. Obviously, that'll prove he's crap and should retire.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Hyperion

Every time Ronnie wins, the same old nonsense gets trotted haha. And these are the same people who call Ronnie fans obsessive. I have to say that it's actually the Ronniehaters who are most fanatical about him. Probably have dart boards up at home with his face on the bullseye. Need to let it go. Most Ronnie fans are v happy with what Ronnie has accomplished. And most pundits and players now regard Ronnie as the greatest.

We don't need to argue with you. And you're only making yourselves bitter by continually rubbishing Ronnie after every win, or gloating after every loss. It's so sad.

Well done Ronnie! And hope the neutrals and proper snooker fans enjoyed the match :)

Postby Cloud Strife

Hyperion wrote:Every time Ronnie wins, the same old nonsense gets trotted haha. And these are the same people who call Ronnie fans obsessive. I have to say that it's actually the Ronniehaters who are most fanatical about him. Probably have dart boards up at home with his face on the bullseye. Need to let it go. Most Ronnie fans are v happy with what Ronnie has accomplished. And most pundits and players now regard Ronnie as the greatest.

We don't need to argue with you. And you're only making yourselves bitter by continually rubbishing Ronnie after every win, or gloating after every loss. It's so sad.

Well done Ronnie! And hope the neutrals and proper snooker fans enjoyed the match :)

Well said, mate.

All the crap from the likes of Wildey, well you didn't hear any of that last year.