Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie losing wont be due to fatigue thats for sure.

His loss to Slessor might have had something to do with that, but certainly not here if he does lose.

Should be a good open match, I do think it will be better standard than their CoC Final.

i think ronnie needs to grind a bit early match.

in the CoC he tried to blast murphy out of the water and it didnt work then he got frustrated.

Yeah when he went 4 nil down and realised it wasn’t gonna be a drubbing... he’ll have learnt from that

Postby Hyperion

If Ronnie turns up, he wins. He's not been on best form, but he's been good enough to take this title. And if Ronnie doesn't win, so what? I'm sure none of his fans are crying over his record or his showing this year. The only person I've seen bouncing about like a wild ape around these parts is a guy called "Alex".
Last edited by Hyperion on 10 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Yeah when he went 4 nil down and realised it wasn’t gonna be a drubbing... he’ll have learnt from that

He didn't go 4 nil down?

He was 2 nil up but found himself 4-2 down and from there never managed to stay ahead in the match.

Postby mantorok

This should be a close match, I fully expect Murphy to continue his great form, and he won't be fazed by Ronnie having beaten him last time.

It's a bit roulette, Ronnie could play the timid again and flounder in yet another final, or he could produce another 10-3, 10-4 drubbing. One thing's for sure, he can't keep going behind like he did with Selby last year because he doesn't seem to be able to muster up enough to counter the deficit.

First couple of frames could be really telling.

Postby Iranu

Agree with Wild, to beat Murphy at his best you need to be willing to mess the table up a bit.

I expect Murphy to win based on current form.

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie applies the same strategy he did in the Shnaghai Final against Trump, he wins. Simple.

If he allows Murphy in too many times, then he ets confortable, and Murphy has a better chance.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:If Ronnie applies the same strategy he did in the Shnaghai Final against Trump, he wins. Simple.

If he allows Murphy in too many times, then he ets confortable, and Murphy has a better chance.

I wonder if in the CoC final he didn't give Murphy enough respect, if he hasn't learnt from that and apply a different strategy today then he deserves to lose, either that or maybe he really does genuinely not care.

Postby eraserhead

Ronnie's started matches well and responded when he needed to. Smurph's opponents have made it quite easy for him at times, though he is potting some incredible balls. Think it will be close today, and want Ronnie to get revenge for the CoC.

Postby Andre147

Wouldnt even mind a close Final, would be better for the tournament overall, but as long as Ronnie wins dont care.

Postby Cloud Strife

It would be an amazing feat if Ronnie wins today. To still win titles like this at the age of 42 is remarkable when you consider that Hendry was forced into retirement at the same age.

Postby Iranu

Parrott actually talking sense. Ronnie will punish Murphy's lapses where his other opponents haven't. That could be the key difference.

Postby LeonD123

Cloud Strife wrote:It would be an amazing feat if Ronnie wins today. To still win titles like this at the age of 42 is remarkable when you consider that Hendry was forced into retirement at the same age.

Why forced ?