Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

I find some of the comments regarding last nights Ronnie's performance very amusing...

as if Ronnie HAS to play fluently all the time... like Cloud said yesterday, Selby won the 2015 World Champs playing many sessions like Ronnie did there.

Mark Selby is not the only player in the world who can win matches ugly you know...

I know Selby hasnt got anything to do with this match, but its just a comparison because Ronnie much like Selby can also grind a win.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Today, I am watching at a friend's house. With beer and crisps.

In other words, you're jinxing the snooker and all matches will be boring. Thanks.

Hey, man. No worries.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:I find some of the comments regarding last nights Ronnie's performance very amusing...

as if Ronnie HAS to play fluently all the time... like Cloud said yesterday, Selby won the 2015 World Champs playing many sessions like Ronnie did there.

Mark Selby is not the only player in the world who can win matches ugly you know...

I know Selby hasnt got anything to do with this match, but its just a comparison because Ronnie much like Selby can also grind a win.

Bingham won the the WC in 2015. :chin:

Postby Andre147

I hope that's the spark Ronnie needed to win this tournament. It was his get out of jail card.

Now he really has to start to produce some of the good stuff that saw him win the English Open and SHanghai Masters this season. He's not like Selby who can win tournaments playing like that.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I find some of the comments regarding last nights Ronnie's performance very amusing...

lol 2016.

Postby gallantrabbit

masterdoctorgenius wrote:early match for Ronnie.

Said afterwards he didnt care if Goulds bears him. Doesnt get him emotional like it uses to be when he lost.

hmm

Yawn Ronnie...another record pls...

Postby gallantrabbit

Cloud Strife wrote:

Bingham won the WC in 2015 playing cracking snooker against Ronnie, Judd and Murphy. Nothing scrappy about his wins.

Postby Andre147

Last night also reminded me of how Ronnie won that Masters match v Wenbo last season...

Should also have lost 6-4, but Wenbo missed a sitter of a final black. The only difference here was it wasn't fault Akani's fault, just unlucky the blue went in.

Hopefully Ronnie also goes on to win the tournament now.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:Last night also reminded me of how Ronnie won that Masters match v Wenbo last season...

Should also have lost 6-4, but Wenbo missed a sitter of a final black. The only difference here was it wasn't fault Akani's fault, just unlucky the blue went in.

Hopefully Ronnie also goes on to win the tournament now.

Yes,good comparison.Do you think Akani meant to canon that blue?I thought he did 100%.Jimmy White said he didnt.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

David Hendon
@davehendon
I was just thinking last night how non-Euclidean snooker is

:chin:

PLOT TWIST:

Hendon is The Saviour!

Hendon is a pretentious twit.

Hendon was taking the snake hiss out of this article from a US publication: http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-god-o ... le/2010783

Is actually a damned good read, despite the wanky language in parts.

Postby Andy Spark

All eight quarter finalists British I see.

This season I heard Phil Yates say that you can’t accuse snooker of not being international enough these days! Really?

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:I hope that's the spark Ronnie needed to win this tournament. It was his get out of jail card.

Now he really has to start to produce some of the good stuff that saw him win the English Open and SHanghai Masters this season. He's not like Selby who can win tournaments playing like that.

I saw the interview afterwards and Ronnie was absolutely buzzing about winning that match, you could see he was glowing, if anyone doubts how much Ronnie cares about winning they need to see that.

It didn't matter that it was ugly, winning is the only thing that matters, and I think he's going to relax a bit now as he'll feel like he should've been out.

I reckon it gives a player a bigger boost winning matches they know they shouldn't have, it gives confidence that they can find a way out of what might seem an impossible situation. This is why it doesn't matter if wins ugly sometimes.

Postby mantorok

The thing is about players like Akani is they are dangerous against anyone, he's out there playing one of the biggest matches of his life against a legend, he's loving every minute, smiling, having fun, relishing, he's not expected to win - there is no pressure.

Then you have Ronnie, going behind and visibly getting tetchy, it's not because Akani is going to be the next great thing in snooker, because he's playing under no pressure, when these kids get real pressure on them, and have the expectation on their shoulders they tend to crumble - that's what separates the Hendrys from the Whites.

That's why these early rounds are so dangerous and full of casualties, the pressure is pretty much on the top players alone.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:lol. For a second I really thought Hearn will be saying the multi session format will be back for the UK.

But more BBC coverage. Very big news. Oh yeah...

It would be big news if BBC covered Snooker properly.

But they dont.