Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Spark wrote:I think Ronnie’s ability to win deciders is one of the most underrated aspects of his game. His percentage of deciders won is way ahead of most other top players.

True.

Postby eraserhead

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Peter Ebdon fan?

NO! what! :moose:

he has no hair lol and his voice makes my skin crawl.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Damn. This was just the last 16 of the devalued UK Championship but this must have been one of the sickest (in a positive sense) matches I've seen. Two absolutely brillant century breaks, the single ball potting of Akani but also the amount of mistakes and the drama in the end. It was just a bo11 match but we had everything Snooker can offer.

It was a poor match from Ronnies point of view but I still believe the unorthodox style of Akani got into his head. And I bet, like everybody else he probably expected an easy win here.

I expected 6-3 win at worst.

Sunny raised everyone's expectations of him.

Hopefully this isn't a solo performance. Wouldn't like him turning into another Michael Wasley.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Damn. This was just the last 16 of the devalued UK Championship but this must have been one of the sickest (in a positive sense) matches I've seen. Two absolutely brillant century breaks, the single ball potting of Akani but also the amount of mistakes and the drama in the end. It was just a bo11 match but we had everything Snooker can offer.

It was a poor match from Ronnies point of view but I still believe the unorthodox style of Akani got into his head. And I bet, like everybody else he probably expected an easy win here.

I expected 6-3 win at worst.

Sunny raised everyone's expectations of him.

Hopefully this isn't a solo performance. Wouldn't like him turning into another Michael Wasley.

I didn't see Sunnys matches against Hawkins and Holt (no one probably has) so its hard to judge things or make any prediction. From what I've seen is that he's a very good potter but not so good in terms of positional play. Safety game looked allright.

You could say he's like many left handers. Just with an unorthodox style.

Postby eraserhead

Deewee wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Very rarely you see the two players doing the post-match interview if it isn't a Final.

Sunny and Ronnie showing bags of respect for each other.

Hope it gets uploaded to youtube, guessing it's with eurosport?

You can see it on twitter: https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/938913896735240193

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:Does anyone know the schedule for tomorrow? When does Ronnie play, afternoon or evening?

1p.m v Gould

Thanks.

Nice interview too. Akani really enjoyed playing against his idol and he didn't look despondent at all, sometimes these young guys who look up to him can be overwhelmed when they play against Ronnie but he really loved the occassion.

Postby Andre147

One of Ronnie's worst performances to win a match but he still won, thats the main thing. Selby wins loads of those playing that way too.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:One of Ronnie's worst performances to win a match but he still won, thats the main thing. Selby wins loads of those playing that way too.

Selby won a whole World Championship playing like that.

Postby TheRocket

If that kid really is a big thing though he has to step up from now on. Otherwise he'll be just one of those I don't know how many hundreds of talents who just had one brillant match or tournament and then disappear. So for the sake of Snooker it'd be good to see him becoming a true toppro.

He'll be playing Jimmy White in the Scottish Open first round. So let's see what damage he'll do there.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:If that kid really is a big thing though he has to step up from now on. Otherwise he'll be just one of those I don't know how many hundreds of talents who just had one brillant match or tournament and then disappear. So for the sake of Snooker it'd be good to see him becoming a true toppro.

He'll be playing Jimmy White in the Scottish Open first round. So let's see what damage he'll do there.

He'll never be a superstar. He could be something like a Dott. Not a megastar, but capable of winning the odd tournament and throwing in some massive displays.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Akani really should have won that match yesterday, Ronnie was very unfortunate because he needed a lot of help and luck to get over the line.

But what an amazing drama it was! That was a roller coaster. Wouldn't surprise me if Ronnie made light work of Gould now.

Postby TheSaviour

Shaun´s been playing some almost God-like snooker. What a bloke! Obviously he can´t do that on every big tournament. But he has a rather good turninng percentages now. Beating Ricky Walden 6-1. Just amazing,

It´s like Edinburgh is just a beatifull city. Just simply a beautifull city. Just admitt the truths and you´ll be allrite.

My physicall health has been somehow deteorating. I just slept 13 hours on the trot. That´s way, a way too much to adult person. What I was just really sick, so what can you do about it. I had some tasty dreams about Judd Trump.. Even when I am a 110% straight man! <doh>

You just know that you are in troubles when you are day-dreaming about Judd Trump, Vladimir Putin and Steve Davis. But hey, at least I am somehow dealing with the big boys. I would be a much more worried if having dreams about Wild or Roland.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Woke up and saw the surprising result. watched afterwards the last two frames.

Ronnie got very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very lucky.

And some of the misses in the decider.

Akani played a high standard and got unlucky at crunch time.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

I'm coming back to last night's match.

What a game, what upsets, hitchcock scenario. Very great match of Akani. but what is ronnie was bad.

Apart from the frames to go back to 2-2 it was really not good: unforgivable mistakes, a very average safety, poor positionnal play....

only positive point: his long game that is well in place.

I see ronnie get eliminated by Gould this afternoon. I think he will be mentally tired of his pretty marathon match. then since the beginning of the tournament he did not play really good game.

Afterwards with him you never know with him: he can very well get out his best level in a very short time. but I doubt it very much.

And about the young Thai I do not know what future I promise. he may very well not confirm the good things he showed us last night. because the break of 128 in 9th frame was really dazzling. and the boy can pot the balls. his long pots were amazing.

The only young person I do not doubt he will be a big one is Yan bingtao. because his game is already complete and the boy is mature.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Exhilirating snooker last night.Akani knocking the blue in with a canon was awful bad luck (Jimmy said he didnt mean the canon?) but i feel ge had most the luck beforehand.

What i've taken from the match is that Ronnie can look very ordinary when put under the cosh.Some of his safety play and tactical play was bizarre towards the end.It looked like his mind was gone.

If Gould takes an early lead we could have more of the same.So important to edge in front or shreddsville is close at hand and Ronnie may not escape again.That's his get out of jail card played.

I'm far from confident of Ronnie winning the tournament now but while he's still in it he has to be favourite.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Watching this afternoon.

Expect a poor game.

Yeah you missed another very special match yesterday. Always happens when you're not watching. Too bad you almost always do watch... Stop jinxing snooker you bastard!