Post a reply

John Virgo

Postby japdot

Wondered why John Virgo wasn't in the commentators box, I never saw the section where John had his outbutst but I'm sure that he didn't mean for it to be broadcast, it sounds to me that someone knowing that John let's his feelings rule his mouth sometimes, deliberately left their mic switched on to cop him out because it's got an echo to it coming from someone else's mic, John is a good commentator and narrator he wouldn't have been aware that there was a mike switched on in the box during transmission.

Re: John Virgo

Postby Wildey

japdot wrote:Wondered why John Virgo wasn't in the commentators box, I never saw the section where John had his outbutst but I'm sure that he didn't mean for it to be broadcast, it sounds to me that someone knowing that John let's his feelings rule his mouth sometimes, deliberately left their mic switched on to cop him out because it's got an echo to it coming from someone else's mic, John is a good commentator and narrator he wouldn't have been aware that there was a mike switched on in the box during transmission.

BBC seems obsesed with youth over substance wont be surprised if Yan Bingtao starts comentating next season

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
japdot wrote:Wondered why John Virgo wasn't in the commentators box, I never saw the section where John had his outbutst but I'm sure that he didn't mean for it to be broadcast, it sounds to me that someone knowing that John let's his feelings rule his mouth sometimes, deliberately left their mic switched on to cop him out because it's got an echo to it coming from someone else's mic, John is a good commentator and narrator he wouldn't have been aware that there was a mike switched on in the box during transmission.

BBC seems obsesed with youth over substance wont be surprised if Yan Bingtao starts comentating next season

Virgo wont be missed with his drivel <ok>

Mcmanus is a very nice addition to the team.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:

Hahaha. Excellent stuff Wildey!

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

Substance?

What the hell substance do you believe Virgo has? rofl

Are you missing his analysis of where the cueball is in relation to the pocket?

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Virgo wont be missed with his drivel <ok>

Mcmanus is a very nice addition to the team.

Yea but theres too much samey there the longest retired member of the commentators is Taylor followed by Parrott in 2010.

Theres room for a journo type that actually covers snooker as a day job.

Clive Everton is greatly Missed

Postby SnookerFan

Willie Thorne getting demoted was a good start.

Virgo ain't going to be missed, and bringing in Angles is a continuation of good work.

If they could get rid of Parrott, get rid of Taylor, rehire Parrott and sack him again just to make sure he gets the message, warn Hendry that there's more to analysis then just predicting the highest ranked player will win, and bring in Foulds. That'd be good.

I can't see Everton being invited back. I wouldn't object if they used Griffiths more either.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Virgo can watch Box Sets of Match of the Day now he's loads of time on his hands.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Virgo can watch Box Sets of Match of the Day now he's loads of time on his hands.

Quite right.

If being paid to watch snooker is such a hardship, he can let somebody else do it.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Virgo can watch Box Sets of Match of the Day now he's loads of time on his hands.

Quite right.

If being paid to watch snooker is such a hardship, he can let somebody else do it.

I can see him now sittin' in with his wife on a Saturday night and half way through Match of the Day telling her to switch over to the 'bloody snooker luv'.John wants to have his cake and eat it.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Quite right.

I can see him now sittin' in with his wife on a Saturday night and half way through Match of the Day telling her to switch over to the 'bloody snooker luv'.John wants to have his cake and eat it.

He's a BBC pundit.

He's not being paid to watch. So he won't be.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 15 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Broadswordcallingdannyboy wrote:Foulds is superb, if they got him alongside angles and with Hazel in the chair would be excellent

Wath Eurosport more and more now but I cannot stand Murray

I do like Hendry commentating, says it how it is

That is the problem isn't it?

For all the positives to Eurosport, Murray manages to nullify them alone due to his high end douchebaggery.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Agree.Foulds is excellent.And the Eurosport commentators are good.I enjoy watching them but there's something nostalgic about BBC so i'll watch some of the 1pm games on BBC.Come on Ronnie!!

Postby SnookerFan

Thank feck Virgo aint working day.

He'd have been ejaculating over Ronnie on every shot.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Thank feck Virgo aint working day.

He'd have been ejaculating over Ronnie on every shot.

Then again. We got Parrott for that.

Postby GJ

The BBC get rid of 2 commentaters yet Taylor is kept on oh dear ....

The old fool was at his best yesterday ....

Great chance for Mark Selby 2 days after he loses :lol:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:The BBC get rid of 2 commentaters yet Taylor is kept on oh dear ....

Hendry; "I've never watched Mark Joyce."

<doh>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

To be fair he said he'd never watched him "live."

So maybe he's seen him a few times on tv (he hasnt)

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

Yeah. Sure he has.

rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

I didn't hear him say anything about not seeing him "live". He simply said this is first time I'll be seeing Mark Joyce play. Could be wrong, though.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

I didn't hear him say anything about not seeing him "live". He simply said this is first time I'll be seeing Mark Joyce play. Could be wrong, though.

He said "this is the first time I've seen Mark Joyce play live." I only remember because I specifically thought "or at all, let's be honest."

Postby SnookerFan

I was Eurosporting it for the first five or six frames, then Red Buttoned it in bed. Can't confirm.

Postby Alex0paul

Goldenballs147 wrote:What happened with Virgo? I seemed to have missed it.

He called John Parrott a runt live on air

Postby ros.147

I personally love the BBC commentators. They bring much more excitement to the game than the eurosport commentators. My favorites are Stephen, Steve, John Virgo and Dennis. I love the way Stephen and Steve look at the game and dictate it whereas John and Dennis bring a lot of excitement and are also good in cracking some funny jokes.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:What happened with Virgo? I seemed to have missed it.

He called John Parrott a runt live on air

But that's just a statement of fact.

Postby mick745

Does anyone else find McManus biased towards the other Scottish players?

Postby SnookerEd25

Virgo is not missed. At all.