Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship last 64 !!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Is Jimmy being televised?

Don't think so. I'm watching on Eurosport player and can only watch the Trump match and the Fu match..

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Don't think so. I'm watching on Eurosport player and can only watch the Trump match and the Fu match..

I had Patsy talking for a moment. rofl

Hoping to be back at my parent's home for 1pm tomorrow for the numpty match. (Why couldn't it be him I missed?)

Honest John in the evening. Back at my home, for once, for a few beers.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Hoping to be back at my parent's home for 1pm tomorrow for the numpty match. (Why couldn't it be him I missed?)

You missed the start of Selby's decline earlier....

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

You missed the start of Selby's decline earlier....

So I understand.

Like Ronnie, I expect Selby's decline to last several years and to include many raking wins.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Dale pulls it back to 5-5 from 5-2 down.

Your hero Selby lost.

and im sure he will lose a lot more aswell as winning a lot of tournaments you cant win them all

Postby snooky147

Dale went on a run from 2-5 to 5-5. Just spoke to Graeme on phone. It was a nervy final frame but he held himself together well. He will be glad to get out of that sports hall.

Postby vodkadiet

The UK is the lesser of the 3 triple crown tournaments. It is why O'Sullivan hasn't even entered the event at least 3 times. Snooker needs to get to a stage where it isn't just about 'The Crucible'.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:The UK is the lesser of the 3 triple crown tournaments. It is why O'Sullivan hasn't even entered the event at least 3 times. Snooker needs to get to a stage where it isn't just about 'The Crucible'.

The UK was by far the second biggest tournament until 2010.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The UK is the lesser of the 3 triple crown tournaments. It is why O'Sullivan hasn't even entered the event at least 3 times. Snooker needs to get to a stage where it isn't just about 'The Crucible'.

It still is the 2nd biggest ranker as it offers more prize money than the others.

Even with the format being shortened, it's still one of the few tournaments with a Best of 11 from the start. Only The Masters and the IC have it.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:

Shortening the frames of the UK was an ill thought out mistake. Snooker needs an event of 'best of 17' from the first round. The UK is now an average event.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

It still is the 2nd biggest ranker as it offers more prize money than the others.

Even with the format being shortened, it's still one of the few tournaments with a Best of 11 from the start. Only The Masters and the IC have it.

It's the second biggest ranking event, maybe the second biggest event full stop, but it isn't a patch on the UK of old.