Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship last 64 !!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Is there anyone left in the tournament to challenge Ronnie? Not seeing it so far.

Judd?

Failing that, no.

I'd love to see Bingtao take him.

For me either Judd or Ronnie to win the title.

Robbo could be the dark horse if he keeps playing well.

I aint seen Robbo, how is he playing?

He was phenomenal against Ken yesterday. If he kept that form up he would beat anybody, but that is asking a lot.

Postby vodkadiet

Chalk McHugh wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I don't watch as much snooker as I did years ago but apart from Selby, O'Sullivan, Higgins, Hawkins, Murphy and Trump I don't find many other players entice me enough to watch for an extended time. I am very disappointed at Ding Junhui. He seems to have no interest in being the best.

There seems to be too many events now. And the whole tour has become diluted.

I agree with you.Except for Hawkins.Dont really enjoy watching him play.Far too many robotic numpties.

Maybe it is because Hawkins is left handed that he is easy on the eye. Then again, Mark King is left handed and I wouldn't watch him play unless he was playing a class player.

There seems to be much mediocrity about today. I wonder where snooker will be in another decade.

It will be a sad day when Ronnie finally hangs up his cue.No man is bigger than the sport but if ever a player retiring could hurt a sport then that will be it.

Has Hearn has over-egged the pudding with snooker on almost every other week?

I'm too busy working to tune in quite a lot of the time and but enjoy it when i can.Especially the latter stages.

I agree. There is too much meaningless snooker nowadays. Saturation point has been reached. The UK is now 'just another tournament'. Some events need to go, or at least be reduced to the tennis equivalent of 'Challenger' status.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Ronnie 7/4
Trump 9/2
Robbo 15/2
Higgins 9/1
Williams 16/1
Murphy 16/1
Allen 18/1
Fu 20/1
Bintao 20/1

Might be worth a couple of quid on Bingtao.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I saw highlights of Robbo v Ken yesterday.Very impressive.That anniying swagger was back.I don't like him but i'm tipping Robbo to win this week.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Chalk McHugh wrote:I saw highlights of Robbo v Ken yesterday.Very impressive.That anniying swagger was back.I don't like him but i'm tipping Robbo to win this week.

Can he maintain that form - as good a three frames as you will see after the MSI

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It was in the reduced aisle, I think.

How small was the reduced aisle?

It was a Tesco Express.

Actually, it was reduced to clear.

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie's first test of the tournament could come v Michael White next round, now leads 5-1.

And White played superb, won 6-1, made the highest break of the tournament thus far, a 142, and another ton as well.

He'll need that sort of form to beat Ronnie.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Higgins plays right-handed but chalks with his left.
Fact

Many players do that, it's not that unusual.

I play right handed and always chalk with my left hand.Thought most did the same.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie's first test of the tournament could come v Michael White next round, now leads 5-1.

And White played superb, won 6-1, made the highest break of the tournament thus far, a 142, and another ton as well.

He'll need that sort of form to beat Ronnie.

White played and scored really well today. Would highly surprise me though if he played that type of standard against Ronnie in front of the TV-cameras.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Barry Hawkins is left handed but plays with the rest right-handed

So does Allen and Trump. My brother too for that matter.