Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship last 128 !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding has got quite bad eye problems at the moment. Conjunctivitis but quite bad

Oh right, yeah. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks.

Postby PLtheRef

I appreciate that it's very short notice with the championship due to start tomorrow but I'm looking into setting up a prediction contest for the UK Championship as it marks the 10th anniversary of snooker prediction contests through Snooker Island, and the predecessors back the old 606 snooker forum.

Is there any call for a contest? I know we seem to have tailed off in recent years outside of the Crucible! What do people reckon?

Postby PLtheRef

sundaygirl wrote:Are we having a prediction contest for this?
I’ve just entered http://event-prediction.com
I’ve got Ricky beating Judd in the final :parrot:

It's a Prediction Contest anniversary (which just dawned on me about 10 minutes before I sent my post in) - if there are any takers then I'm happy to organise one

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:I appreciate that it's very short notice with the championship due to start tomorrow but I'm looking into setting up a prediction contest for the UK Championship as it marks the 10th anniversary of snooker prediction contests through Snooker Island, and the predecessors back the old 606 snooker forum.

Is there any call for a contest? I know we seem to have tailed off in recent years outside of the Crucible! What do people reckon?

Go for it.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Are we having a prediction contest for this?
I’ve just entered http://event-prediction.com
I’ve got Ricky beating Judd in the final :parrot:

It's a Prediction Contest anniversary (which just dawned on me about 10 minutes before I sent my post in) - if there are any takers then I'm happy to organise one

Go for it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

PLtheRef wrote:I appreciate that it's very short notice with the championship due to start tomorrow but I'm looking into setting up a prediction contest for the UK Championship as it marks the 10th anniversary of snooker prediction contests through Snooker Island, and the predecessors back the old 606 snooker forum.

I would be in.

Postby Andre147

I'm in too! Go for it PL!

I sometimes organize contests as folks here know, but recently just too busy. Shame others havent also had the time.

Postby PLtheRef

Dan-cat wrote:Why don't you start it half-way through when there are less matches to predict?

The format I was thinking of would be to allow each player a set amount of predictions for the whole competition e.g. 30 matches. (With at least one in each round)

The 128 Players are split into four seeding groups, 1-32, 33-64, 65-96 and from 97 and below.

For Predictions, you score points for the correct winner and a bonus for the correct score as usual

Best of 11 matches, 2 points and 1 points for the correct score
Best of 19 matches, 4 points for the winner, 2 for the correct score.

The twist is that the value for the match is multiplied by the seeding group the player you predict is in e 1-32 (1) 33-64 (2), 65-96 (3) 97+ (4) - So, should you predict a player ranked 40 to win their first round match and they do, you'd get 4 points rather than 2, if you predicted a 65-96 player you'd get six instead of 2 etc.

You could have two jokers where you could make a prediction for a lower seeding group player and it counts as if they're in group 4.

What do people reckon? I was thinking about something a bit different with it being the tenth anniversary of prediction contests and a few might find predicting 127 matches a little bit unappealing????

Postby Andre147

An MJW v Selby last 16 tie would be very tasty...

MJW won their last match and has a good record against him, and having just won a title I'd fancy his chances.

Can't say we'll have much more interesting other ties until the Quarter-Finals.

Postby Andre147

For me that's absolutely fine PL. Bit confusing having a first look at it, but I think people will like it.

I'm in.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding has got quite bad eye problems at the moment. Conjunctivitis but quite bad

So, any news on whether he'll play?

Just checked the WS site and he is still listed to play

BSP. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm lost already. :|

Have you decided which matches you will watch tomorrow?

I'm thinking Ding in the afternoon, and Bingtao in the evening. Subject to changing my mind.

Postby eraserhead

Thanks PLtheRef. :hatoff: :bowdown:

I hope Ding is back at his best for this. Real shame he had to pull out of Shanghai, and not be able to defend his title after that great final Last year and the emotion he showed winning it.

Postby TheSaviour

I feel Ronnie is a bit of a disgrace. They all are (his fan boys and the girls) if and when they can´t see the reality.

Just how dumb and irrogant you just possible can get. That´s what I have been trying to find out. Always just trying to dictate things. Not me but them. "It should be like that, and like that, and like that". "I am already a grandpa and I know and will tell you how all the things should be. If you are not with me I am going to be an extremely arrogant pr..". Well now we have a so called top-player called Yan Bingtao :chuckle: :chuckle: <doh> <doh> rofl rofl . That´s how poorly the things just currently are. The 95% of the top players, the past or the present, all are just fine and some cool people.

Hopefully Ding Junhui will immeaditely stamp his authority and will give his opponent a good old fashioned hiding.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Looking for possible upsets today - possibly Maguire vs Sijun. I don't think Fernandez has a chance against Ding unless his eye condition has really affected his form but wish Leo all the best.

In Maguire's defence, he's very hungover. <ok>