Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship last 128 !!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:I expect Ronnie to have a moan about the venue after this match.

Wouldnt be the first time here.

But he should be happy he doesnt have to play in the Sports Hall like other players have. It's a diferent venue altogether, no atmosphere there.

Solid performance today, not flashy but didnt have to.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:When does Ronnie Play next?

sunday

1p.m v Burden or Georgiou. Burden leading 5-3 now.

And I'm quite amazed Burden and Ronnie have never played each other,especially given Burden isn't exactly young.

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:
Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:Not quite sure when this "tripple crown" tag started?

they were always the top 3 events but putting them together under one name is definitely something new in the last few years.

As long as I've watched snooker there's been the TC events:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_(snooker)

I'm guessing it's because at one time they were the most popular being broadcast by the BBC.

how long you been watching snooker 10 years?

Triple crown has been referenced for many years, not sure why people think this is something new. Probably started in the 80's when Davis was the dominant force, he was the first to hold the big 3 in one year.

no way in hell it was refereed to them in the 80s not even 90s.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I expect Ronnie to have a moan about the venue after this match.

Wouldnt be the first time here.

But he should be happy he doesnt have to play in the Sports Hall like other players have. It's a diferent venue altogether, no atmosphere there.

You aren't wrong.

Postby TheSaviour

An another very winnable match to Jimmy. Against Kurt Maflin.

The great thing about Jimmy (James Warren White) is he can "mimic" the likes of Stephen Maguire or Mark Allen. To know how to win, to record some solid wins. Before it gets too difficult. He can do that even when he actually isn´t that much solid as Stephen or Mark are. That´s just simply cool. A huge respect towards Jimmy.

;-) :D :happy: :bowdown: :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:An another very winnable match to Jimmy. Against Kurt Maflin.

The great thing about Jimmy (James Warren White) is he can "mimic" the likes of Stephen Maguire or Mark Allen. To know how to win, to record some solid wins. Before it gets too difficult. He can do that even when he actually isn´t that much solid as Stephen or Mark are. That´s just simply cool. A huge respect towards Jimmy.

;-) :D :happy: :bowdown: :chuckle:

Did you find your wallet?

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:Not quite sure when this "tripple crown" tag started?

they were always the top 3 events but putting them together under one name is definitely something new in the last few years.

As long as I've watched snooker there's been the TC events:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_(snooker)

I'm guessing it's because at one time they were the most popular being broadcast by the BBC.

how long you been watching snooker 10 years?

Triple crown has been referenced for many years, not sure why people think this is something new. Probably started in the 80's when Davis was the dominant force, he was the first to hold the big 3 in one year.

no way in hell it was refereed to them in the 80s not even 90s.

I think you are right, it was probably only after it became the only three televised BBC events...

Postby SnookerFan

During my time at the snooker I witnessed Maike Kesseler, Mark Williams, Martin Gould and Mark Selby (several tines) all sat in the crowd watching live matches. The last three, I saw in the less glamarous Sports Hall. I like to see that. Pros who care enough about the sport to watch it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:During my time at the snooker I witnessed Maike Kesseler, Mark Williams, Martin Gould and Mark Selby (several tines) all sat in the crowd watching live matches. The last three, I saw in the less glamarous Sports Hall. I like to see that. Pros who care enough about the sport to watch it.

That is great, nice to hear it.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:During my time at the snooker I witnessed Maike Kesseler, Mark Williams, Martin Gould and Mark Selby (several tines) all sat in the crowd watching live matches. The last three, I saw in the less glamarous Sports Hall. I like to see that. Pros who care enough about the sport to watch it.

That’s ace SF.:-D