Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Final !!

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Of course Ronnie can beat Selby, how can anyone doubt that? Ronnie can completely destroy Selby as well.

Never done it over 3 sessions plus though has he?

Masters 2014 and uk 09. He can destroy Selby.

Try counting.

1 2 3 and 4 sessions <ok>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Alex0paul wrote:Mark Selby (1) / Qualifier

Mark Allen (16) / Qualifier

Kyren Wilson (9) / Qualifier

Shaun Murphy (8) / Qualifier

————————————

John Higgins (5) / Qualifier

Stuart Bingham (12) / Qualifier

Luca Brecel (13) / Qualifier

Judd Trump (4) / Qualifier

————————————

Ding Junhui (3) / Qualifier

Anthony McGill (14) / Qualifier

Marco Fu (11) / Qualifier

Barry Hawkins (6) / Qualifier

————————————

Mark Williams (7) / Qualifier

Neil Robertson (10) / Qualifier

Ali Carter (15) / Qualifier

Ronnie O’Sullivan (2) / Qualifier

Bar Allen nobody to worry about for Selby in his quartet. If Allen plays well and still gifts frame he did vs Higgins last year Selby is favourite to reach the semis.

Ryan Day, Wenbo or Stephen Maguire are more dangerous first round opponents.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:Wild, you were hardly posting on here all this time when Ronnie was winning tournaments because you "had no time". Now Selby wins one and you're making post after post... Even congatulating Selby on his great season <doh> :chuckle:

im off today ill have a word with my boss.

im working most sundays so im knackered when i get home

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:What a season for Selby played pants most of the time after starting the season injured hes reached a semi final or better in 4 tournaments including this one and if he wins today he will close the gap on Ronnie in the one year list to about 200k and in second place....god how many players would love to play as rubbish as Selby has.

This year nobody can say he will go to sheffield over worked

99% of the tour would love to have had the season Selby's having. If he wins the World Championship again he's the player of the season for me.

He wouldnt be. He was absent most of the season. Ronnie was consistent over a period of time.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:What a season for Selby played pants most of the time after starting the season injured hes reached a semi final or better in 4 tournaments including this one and if he wins today he will close the gap on Ronnie in the one year list to about 200k and in second place....god how many players would love to play as rubbish as Selby has.

99% of the tour would love to have had the season Selby's having. If he wins the World Championship again he's the player of the season for me.

I don't think Ronnie, Mark Williams, or John Higgins would want to trade their season with Selby's. And by the way, Ronnie's winning the worlds.

Alex0paul wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Of course Ronnie can beat Selby, how can anyone doubt that? Ronnie can completely destroy Selby as well.

Never done it over 3 sessions plus though has he?

Masters 2014 and uk 09. He can destroy Selby.

Still not over 3 sessions though.

They played only 2 matches over two sessions. In each match he dominated the first two sessions only to collapse after that.

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I don't think Ronnie, Mark Williams, or John Higgins would want to trade their season with Selby's. And by the way, Ronnie's winning the worlds.

You'd rather win the Indian Open and Welsh Open or German Masters and Northern Ireland Open than the two biggest rankers outside the WC??!?

Postby Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife wrote:

He wouldnt be. He was absent most of the season. Ronnie was consistent over a period of time.

At the moment it's Ronnie, but if Selby wins the WC I'd take his 3 titles over the 5 Ronnie's won. Obviously if Ronnie wins the WC there's no discussion to be had whatsoever.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You'd rather win the Indian Open and Welsh Open or German Masters and Northern Ireland Open than the two biggest rankers outside the WC??!?

Good point. Ronnie's still the only real winner this season. I would rather win the English Open, Shanghai Masters, Uk Championship, World Grand Prix, Players Champonship and likely the World Championship.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I think Wild has a good point about Selby's injury (which I had forgotten about to be honest). If that had not occurred, would Ronnie's season have been so successful? I know that is an unanswerable question, but Wild is right that if Selby wins in Sheffield (by no means a given), then he will be player of the season

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Wild has a good point about Selby's injury (which I had forgotten about to be honest). If that had not occurred, would Ronnie's season have been so successful? I know that is an unanswerable question, but Wild is right that if Selby wins in Sheffield (by no means a given), then he will be player of the season

As far as I know, Wild is not a doctor and Selby himself has not made much of the injury. I don't know if he's even mentioned it at all.

Postby TheRocket

O'Sullivan is the player of the season. Selby the second (if he wins the China Open which he obviously will now). Ahead of Williams and Higgins.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Wild has a good point about Selby's injury (which I had forgotten about to be honest). If that had not occurred, would Ronnie's season have been so successful? I know that is an unanswerable question, but Wild is right that if Selby wins in Sheffield (by no means a given), then he will be player of the season

Yea, i agree. The Worlds carry so much credit, if Selby wins he's top dog. If Ronnie wins he's top dog and it would be his greatest achievement in my opinion if he wins it at 42. Lets get the boys on the Sheffield beize!!!

Postby eraserhead

Didn't bother getting up early for this as it's what I expected to happen, not seen much of it anyway so wasn't really into this one. Don't think Robbo would have won either. Hope Hawkins goes out of worlds early this year.

Congrats Selbo and roll on worlds.

Postby Holden Chinaski

What Ronnie's doing is amazing. He should be retired by now sitting at home watching Selby dominate snooker. He's winning tournament after tournament and even finds the time to comment on matches for Eurosport and do some studio work. Selby's a great player don't get me wrong, but he plays crap more often than not, even when he's winning.

Postby Chalk McHugh

As Ronnie said before when losing to Selby at the Crucible, ' i wasn't willing to die to win ', i thought that was revealing back when he said it. I think it's fair to say that Selby is willing to die to win so what's changed? If Selby starts to turn the screw and get inside Ronnies head we know he's not willing to die to retrieve the situation. Selby would be more level headed and strong minded if behind v Ronnie. All if, buts and maybes of course and they may never meet again at Sheffield but there's just fewer doubts i'd have about Selby over a long frame grueling match up.

Postby eraserhead

Been watching Masters (golf) this week and the commentators compared it to pool. rofl

Not snooker but a cue sport. :D

Postby TheRocket

A Trump vs Selby semi would be interesting. Trump has no battle scars against Selby and Selby has never beaten him in a bo11 and longer. I'd really like to see that match.

Postby Chalk McHugh

eraserhead wrote:Been watching Masters (golf) this week and the commentators compared it to pool. rofl

It's been brilliant. I think Rory will do it and complete the Grand Slam.

Postby Holden Chinaski

One thing I know is Ronnie is capable of anything. Even at 42 years old.

Back in 2013 I was the only one saying Ronnie would win the worlds again. Because I know he can do anything. If Ronnie plays Selby at the Crucible and dominates the whole match that would not surprise me one bit. Selby is definitely capable of beating Ronnie, as he should be. Selby is in his prime and Ronnie's an old man. But still, Ronnie is capable of destroying any player, including Selby.

Postby eraserhead

Chalk McHugh wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Been watching Masters (golf) this week and the commentators compared it to pool. rofl

It's been brilliant. I think Rory will do it and complete the Grand Slam.

Hope so can't wait for it later.

TheRocket wrote:A Trump vs Selby semi would be interesting. Trump has no battle scars against Selby and Selby has never beaten him in a bo11 and longer. I'd really like to see that match.

But Trump is a bottler when under pressure in big matches.

Chalk McHugh wrote:As Ronnie said before when losing to Selby at the Crucible, ' i wasn't willing to die to win ', i thought that was revealing back when he said it. I think it's fair to say that Selby is willing to die to win so what's changed? If Selby starts to turn the screw and get inside Ronnies head we know he's not willing to die to retrieve the situation. Selby would be more level headed and strong minded if behind v Ronnie. All if, buts and maybes of course and they may never meet again at Sheffield but there's just fewer doubts i'd have about Selby over a long frame grueling match up.

It was a WC final. Ronnie should have invested more. His concentration in key moments was bad.

10-5 up, pots long red and then misses a sitter of a black off its spot.

And that infamous misses pink to go with a lead into the final session.