Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Final !!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Still a few minutes behind. Hawkins has made it to 10-3.

Comeback is on! False lead for Selbo

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:Barry outclassed. I thought he may make a decent match of it but when Selby is close to his best there's few who can compete.

Selby hasn't had to do anything special.

Postby Chalk McHugh

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Barry outclassed. I thought he may make a decent match of it but when Selby is close to his best there's few who can compete.

Close to his best? This is Selbys C game at most. And thats a compliment in a way.

He's played very well the few times i've seen him this week.

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:

Close to his best? This is Selbys C game at most. And thats a compliment in a way.

He's played very well the few times i've seen him this week.

But he didnt have to in the Final. Barry is gifting it to him.

Postby Andre147

Well played Selby!

Better player all week. Should have lost to Wang Yuchen first round, but like so often happens with him he somehow won and from there he only became stronger.

Didnt have to play anywhere near his best today because Barry unfortunately gifted many frames to him, but what matter is the win at the end of the day for him.

Postby Iranu

So Selby's unbeaten in his last three China Opens right?

When's the last time a player won a tournament three times in a row (not counting when he skipped it)?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:So Selby's unbeaten in his last three China Opens right?

When's the last time a player won a tournament three times in a row (not counting when he skipped it)?

Probably Hendry at the Worlds 94,95,96.

Postby Chalk McHugh

14 Ranking titles for Selby. Three Masters, also. Dunno why many seem to despise him. Seems a sound lad off the table. He's not a bully or a bad mannered young man. I think he's a great ambassador for the game and his will to win is second to none.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie and Bingo should have been there to receive the maximum break prize lol..
Last edited by Andre147 on 08 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby kolompar

Shame Selby's secured his world number 1 ranking now, would have been an interesting extra narative for the Worlds whether Ronnie can completely dethrone him.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Beautiful Barry has turned into Boring Barry, what a letdown.

Selby picking up form at the right time has made the World Championships a bit more predictable, playing like he has over the past three matches I see nobody beating him.

Lollllllllllllllllllll

Thats why he lost 22 times this season. There are player well capable of beating him. Higgins should have beaten him last year at the Worlds, he was more in command than Ronnie was in 2014.

After the IC win many expected that his season campaign kicked off but what followed? nothing.

Course not and yes he's struggled but winning here gives him that much needed confidence at the perfect time.

World Championship's were designed for Selby :lol: it's his style of format, if he manages to get past the Quarters then I struggle to see anybody beating him.

Postby Andre147

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:Beautiful Barry has turned into Boring Barry, what a letdown.

Selby picking up form at the right time has made the World Championships a bit more predictable, playing like he has over the past three matches I see nobody beating him.

Lollllllllllllllllllll

Thats why he lost 22 times this season. There are player well capable of beating him. Higgins should have beaten him last year at the Worlds, he was more in command than Ronnie was in 2014.

After the IC win many expected that his season campaign kicked off but what followed? nothing.

Course not and yes he's struggled but winning here gives him that much needed confidence at the perfect time.

World Championship's were designed for Selby :lol: it's his style of format, if he manages to get past the Quarters then I struggle to see anybody beating him.

I said it yesterday...

If he gets past the QUarter-Finals, I can only see two players beating him: Trump in the Semis, who has no battle scars against him, or of course Ronnie in the Final.

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:

Lollllllllllllllllllll

A tournament that was created before he was born, specially designed for him. :chin:

Postby masterdoctorgenius

At some point he has to lose at the Crucible. Once his domination is over it will be tough to replicate it.

Yes he won3 of the last 4 WCs. Ronnie reached from 2012 till 2014 three finals and won two of them. After that he struggled to reach the one table set up.

Its tough to get back there.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I think Selby, like every other player, can lose any game, whether it's at the Crucible or anywhere else. Obviously he'll be hard to beat but their all good players and if Selby is a little off colour or his opponent is on top form then it will be taxi for Selby. The history of sport and snooker should tell us that anything can happen on any given day. There are no certs. Some here think Ronnie has it in the bag. Who knows, maybe he'll win it. He could also lose in his first couple matches. I'd slightly favour Selby but also it wouldn't surprise me if he went out early.

Postby Chalk McHugh

masterdoctorgenius wrote:I fear Cater a bit. Never beaten Ronnie in a ranking event. At some point he will I feel just like Barry did after i dont know how many years at the 2016 Worlds.

First time for everything. Carter would definately have a decent chance v Ron in my opinion.