Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Final !!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Barry outclassed. I thought he may make a decent match of it but when Selby is close to his best there's few who can compete.

Close to his best? This is Selbys C game at most. And thats a compliment in a way.

He's played very well the few times i've seen him this week.

But he didnt have to in the Final. Barry is gifting it to him.

Yea but lets face facts Ronnie has had some gifts as well it happens some take advantage of it others cant.

Trump in Shanghai Masters Final prime example of someone that folded.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Carter couldn't beat Ronnie, if Ronnie didn't turn up.

yea herd kids go out to his house on Halloween with a Ronnie Mask on <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

rofl

Postby Souvent

Selby will win more World Championships than Ronnie by the time he's done with snooker.
The guy is just impossibly motivated for that tournament, year after year after year.
Relentless.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Souvent wrote:Selby will win more World Championships than Ronnie by the time he's done with snooker.
The guy is just impossibly motivated for that tournament, year after year after year.
Relentless.

Doubt it. He has maximum 2 WCs left in him.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan fans always try to rubbish his nemesis.

Selby is too strong mentally for O'Sullivan. This is an actual fact.

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Souvent wrote:Selby will win more World Championships than Ronnie by the time he's done with snooker.
Relentless.

Doubt it. He has maximum 2 WCs left in him.

There’s nothing coming through though

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

rofl :clap:

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan fans always try to rubbish his nemesis.

Ronnie's had many strong opponents in his career. Hendry, Higgins and Selby being the strongest. Still, Ronnie has won more rankers than Higgins and it won't be long before he has won more than anybody else. This is why Ronnie's the best. He's had the strongest opponents. He never had it easy.

I actually respect Selby a lot. He's mentally very strong. But he's no Ronnie O'Sullivan. Selby will probably win around 20 or 25 ranking titles in total if he keeps playing well... That would make him slightly better than Mark Williams... Ronnie already has more rankers than John Higgins and it won't be long before he breaks Hendry's record and be on top of the ranking titles list.

Ronnie's had some good wins against Selby: 2016 Masters, 2014 Masters, 2009 UK Championship, 2009 Masters, 2007 UK Championship... Ronnie's an old man now, don't forget all those great victories from when he was younger.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:You should all beware that when Higgins was 10-4 up on Selby last year, Wild called the comeback.

He is wise on snooker matters

Everybody's right sometimes. I can easily find you ten examples of when he was wrong as well.

Daffodil.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:You should all beware that when Higgins was 10-4 up on Selby last year, Wild called the comeback.

Everybody's right sometimes. I can easily find you ten examples of when he was wrong as well.

Daffodil.

DECLINE!

Postby Andre147

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Daffodil

Postby Holden Chinaski

boris_the_butcher wrote:So despite a bad season, Selbo still wins the 2 biggest ranking events so far. He's still the man to beat.

You know Ronnie won the UK Championship right?

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:So despite a bad season, Selbo still wins the 2 biggest ranking events so far. He's still the man to beat.

You know Ronnie won the UK Championship right?

To some the UK Champs is a nothing tournament now because of its format...

It's still a Triple Crown event and one of the biggest of the season... I'd trade that title for the IC Selby won all day long.

Postby Andre147

I wouldn't trade the 2 titles Selby won for those 5 Ronnie did this season.

Unless Selby won the Worlds, I would put his season slightly better than Ronnie's. But ROS is gonna win his 6th World Title so there will be no doubts as to who had the best season. And at the moment it's still Ronnie. 5 rankers, one of them the UK, plus 2 other Finals.

Postby Holden Chinaski

boris_the_butcher wrote:triple crown is a recent invention, you never heard of the term until about 10 years ago.

Still, players like Hendry have said The Masters and the UK Championship alway were the two tournaments they wanted to win besides the World Championship.

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:triple crown is a recent invention, you never heard of the term until about 10 years ago.

Still, players like Hendry have said The Masters and the UK Championship alway were the two tournaments they wanted to win besides the World Championship.

Hendry never played in the International Championship that's why

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm not sure how long they've been using the term "Triple Crown", but I can remember sayings like "The Big Three" being common for a very long time.

Ask any player, The Worlds, The Masters and The UK is on top of their list of tournaments to win.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Well played Selby!

Better player all week. Should have lost to Wang Yuchen first round, but like so often happens with him he somehow won and from there he only became stronger.

Didnt have to play anywhere near his best today because Barry unfortunately gifted many frames to him, but what matter is the win at the end of the day for him.

I did,nt even see a single shot of the whole of the final,#shameonme#!!. :emb:

I slept long,then i was at a grill party,but i,ve been reading threw all the comments.

Yep,he <should of> lost to Yuchen,but he did,nt.

There,s been many a time where Ronnie did,nt have to play anywhere near his best,got gifted chances,his opponents played drivvvvel against him,the same goes for many other players,especially Davis,Hendry,Higgins and MJW.

It aint Selbs fault that Barry played rubbish against him today,or,then again,maybe it was,maybe he could,nt handle the pressure,could,nt handle the way Selbs was playing against him,or eg did,nt feel comfortable with his cueing,whatever and crumbled,or just could,nt get any rythm going,#ithappens#.

Anyone who plays snooker,knows full well,that there are days where you can try your socks off,but no matter what you try,do,it just does,nt happen,you just struggle with all depts of the game and just can,t get going.

Besides,it,s been mentioned countless of times already,that the same has happened on countless occasions especially where opponents played rubbish,crumbled,gifted numerous chances,choked,bottled,etc,especially when they played against Davis,Hendry,Ronnie,Higgins and MJW.

Selbs has been very vulnerable on many occasions in the first round,first few rounds,especially last season,but if his opponents can,t take advantage,then it,s there problem,he,s obviously also got a aura about him,of course that auras nuthin compared with the 5 legends i just mentioned,but he has got one.

He lost it fort most of this season,but he,s got it back,at least for the mom he has.

But as you wrote,"Better player all week".

"But what matter is the win at the end of the day for him".

Exactly!,so yeah,well played Selby!. :happy: <ok> :clap:

Many congrats on winning this tourney this season and on now winning it 3 times +

on bumping up his ranking title tally wins to 14!. :clap: <ok>

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan fans always try to rubbish his nemesis.

If O'Sullivan plays at his best Selbys mental strength won't help him. Thats how it is mate. And O'Sullivan is no Jimmy White btw. Yes, Hendry,Higgins and Selby are probably ahead of him in terms of mental strength. But that's it.