Post a reply

Fuhua Group China Open Quarter Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 2nd ~ Sunday 8th of April at National Olympic Sports Centre Stadium, Beijing, China

There were 6 chinese players in the last 16 and everyone lost which is a shame for the chinese fans but theres plenty of Quality left with 4 World Champions including Current champion on the World Mark Selby taking on the in form Mark Williams.

Its good to see Neil Robertson also playing well and Stuart Bingham is his oponement.

Could this be the tournamentt that sees Jack Lisowsski maake the Jump up he has all the talent in the World but we will see.

Who will reach the Semi Finals and keep the £225,000 firmly in sight?

Quarter Finals

Mark Selby v Mark Williams Tied at 16-16
Jack Lisowski v Kyren Wilson Lisowski leads 4-1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 10-4
Barry Hawkins v Tom Ford Hawkins leads 7-3

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Quarter Final !!!

Postby eraserhead

Ding lost :td: :td: but Kyren - Lisowski is an interesting match.

Some good names in the latter stages. Think I want Kyren to win as he's been impressive this season, but with nothing to show. Would be great to see him lift a trophy this season.

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come on Selby

:goodpost:

Even though it,s <only> the 1/4 finals,any match between these 2 is a corker.

I think Selbs will beat Mr MJW tomorrow,i,m sure he,s desperate to show us all that he,s back in buisness,MJW will obviously be up for it as well,but i think that Selbs will send MJW back to Wales.

Hawkins v Ford.

I think Hawkins will send Ford packin.

We all know that Wildeys a BIGGGGGG fan of young guns,so he,ll be absolutely buzzing that Jack is playing Kyren.

It,s been said on numerous occassions that it,s higggghhhhhh time that young guns made there move and start to often get to latter stages of tourneys/winning tourneys,but it has,nt happened.

Aye,Wilson,Brecel have done ok of late,Jacks chucked in the odd decent result here n there as well as have a few Chinese youngies too,but there,s still no signs that any of the young crop will be doing the buisness on a consistent basis,could as from tomorrow spark some new life into Jack,more life into Wilson,or will they plunge back into realms of mediocrity. :chin: :-)

Jeez!,it,s a tough call,but i,m gonna predict that Wilson will beat Jack tomorrow.

Robbo v Bingham.

I saw glimpses of both this week,both have produced some very good stuff,great to see Robbo find form again.

I think that Robbo is similar to Selbs,he,s desperate to show everyone that he,s back to bein a real top player again,a real force to reckon with,so mainly due to that,i,m gonna predict a Robbo win tomorrow.

May the force be with Robbo!. :D :-D

Postby Chalk McHugh

hendry_fan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come on Selby

:goodpost:

Even though it,s <only> the 1/4 finals,any match between these 2 is a corker.

I think Selbs will beat Mr MJW tomorrow,i,m sure he,s desperate to show us all that he,s back in buisness,MJW will obviously be up for it as well,but i think that Selbs will send MJW back to Wales.

Hawkins v Ford.

I think Hawkins will send Ford packin.

We all know that Wildeys a BIGGGGGG fan of young guns,so he,ll be absolutely buzzing that Jack is playing Kyren.

It,s been said on numerous occassions that it,s higggghhhhhh time that young guns made there move and start to often get to latter stages of tourneys/winning tourneys,but it has,nt happened.

Aye,Wilson,Brecel have done ok of late,Jacks chucked in the odd decent result here n there as well as have a few Chinese youngies too,but there,s still no signs that any of the young crop will be doing the buisness on a consistent basis,could as from tomorrow spark some new life into Jack,more life into Wilson,or will they plunge back into realms of mediocrity. :chin: :-)

Jeez!,it,s a tough call,but i,m gonna predict that Wilson will beat Jack tomorrow.

Robbo v Bingham.

I saw glimpses of both this week,both have produced some very good stuff,great to see Robbo find form again.

I think that Robbo is similar to Selbs,he,s desperate to show everyone that he,s back to bein a real top player again,a real force to reckon with,so mainly due to that,i,m gonna predict a Robbo win tomorrow.

May the force be with Robbo!. :D :-D

Yes, i'd go along with your four prediction. Looking forward to Selby v Williams. Tie of the round. If Selby gets a taste of victory this Sunday his dander will be up for Sheffield and it will send out an ominous warning to all the Crucible cueists.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Meanwhile in Augusta reigning champion Sergio Garcia mounts a rigorous defence of his Green Jacket by shooting the highest score on one hole since 1980 and the worst ever on the par 5, 15th, with an astronomical 13 shots and splashing into the drink no fewer than 5 times. Someone mentioned choking on here earlier, but Sergio is both drowning and choking his way to Masters oblivion. Selby knows how to defend the biggest prize. Sergio doesn't. (Oops golf mention.)

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:Meanwhile in Augusta reigning champion Sergio Garcia mounts a rigorous defence of his Green Jacket by shooting the highest score on one hole since 1980 and the worst ever on the par 5, 15th, with an astronomical 13 shots and splashing into the drink no fewer than 5 times. Someone mentioned choking on here earlier, but Sergio is both drowning and choking his way to Masters oblivion. Selby knows how to defend the biggest prize. Sergio doesn't. (Oops golf mention.)

Really? rofl <doh>

That's quite shocking to say the least... I know many players find the hazard on 15th, but 5 times is a bit too much... great defense of the title huh...

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Meanwhile in Augusta reigning champion Sergio Garcia mounts a rigorous defence of his Green Jacket by shooting the highest score on one hole since 1980 and the worst ever on the par 5, 15th, with an astronomical 13 shots and splashing into the drink no fewer than 5 times. Someone mentioned choking on here earlier, but Sergio is both drowning and choking his way to Masters oblivion. Selby knows how to defend the biggest prize. Sergio doesn't. (Oops golf mention.)

Really? rofl <doh>

That's quite shocking to say the least... I know many players find the hazard on 15th, but 5 times is a bit too much... great defense of the title huh...

I'm listening to it on BBC 5 live radio. Even the commentators sounded embarrassed for him. He was a broken man heading for the 16th. Quite shocking really to go swimming five times on one hole. Just shows how easily a round/tournament can be ruined. Remember Spieth lost it a couple years back when 5 ahead at the turn on the final Sunday. He hit the drink twice and the damage was insurmountable.

Postby Alex0paul

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Really? rofl <doh>

I'm listening to it on BBC 5 live radio. Even the commentators sounded embarrassed for him. He was a broken man heading for the 16th. Quite shocking really to go swimming five times on one hole. Just shows how easily a round/tournament can be ruined. Remember Spieth lost it a couple years back when 5 ahead at the turn on the final Sunday. He hit the drink twice and the damage was insurmountable.

Does that mean he has to qualify for the Crucible?

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Really? rofl <doh>

Does that mean he has to qualify for the Crucible?

Sadly yes.

Postby vodkadiet

Davis Cup tennis tomorrow.

Quarter finals in the World Group; and Zone 1 and 2 action.

Yannick Noah has been critical of the shortening of the formats in Zone 1 and 2. This is the ADHD generation so I am not surprised.

You might even say the 'numpty' generation...

Postby vodkadiet

I am not that interested in this event, I am mainly interested in the bearing the results have on The Crucible seedings.

Postby Alex0paul

If Wilson wins tomorrow then O’Sullivan will have Fu, Carter and Murphy in his quarter. Talk about a walkover

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:If Wilson wins tomorrow then O’Sullivan will have Fu, Carter and Murphy in his quarter. Talk about a walkover

If Murphy meets O'Sullivan, Murphy will say pre match "It will be an honour just to share the same table as him. If I can somehow force a third session I will be able to hold my head very high all through the ensuing summer months".

O'Sullivan will say on twitter pre match "Got another numpty tomorrow! If I lose a frame I will think about retiring."

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:If Wilson wins tomorrow then O’Sullivan will have Fu, Carter and Murphy in his quarter. Talk about a walkover

You obcessed with Ronnie and his draws <doh>

Many also thought Ding would be a walkover last year and we all know what happened...

Postby Erza Scarlet

Yes Ronnie should have Dott in his quarter.. .So Ronnie could give another lesson that is.

Postby Alex0paul

Erza Scarlet wrote:

Yes Ronnie should have Dott in his quarter.. .So Ronnie could give another lesson that is.

Like another 8-0 whitewash in a session?

Postby Erza Scarlet

Alex0paul wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Yes another whitewash but Ronnie might spare the little baby 2 more frames this time compared to the last 5 matches.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby ready to prove why he is world no.1 in China and Sheffield.

He has tossed a few bones O'Sullivan's way this season in the form of lesser tournaments but it is now time to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Ha, i like that expression. You could be right, too.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Yes another whitewash but Ronnie might spare the little baby 2 more frames this time compared to the last 5 matches.

:clap:

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby ready to prove why he is world no.1 in China and Sheffield.

He has tossed a few bones O'Sullivan's way this season in the form of lesser tournaments but it is now time to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Ronnie will win the Worlds and be WN1 again! <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie will win the Worlds and be WN1 again! <ok>

Yeah - he sent out a message to the others this week rofl rofl