Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Last 64 Plus Held Over Matches !!

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Did the referee run over and hug Ronnie after the max?

Seems a bit unprofessional somehow.

She certainly did. It was a very warm embrace.

She did the same when Ronnie won the Shanghai title.

Postby TheRocket

Strange match. At least he had that moment of brillance. But the China Open always brings out the worst in him. Thats one thing which certainly has never changed over the years. I doubt it has anything to do with Slessor. However.

Now all eyes are on the World Championship and the sixth World title. 3 weeks are a proper time to rest and prepare.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:

Seems odd somehow. I'm not suggesting that anything untoward. (Deliberately or otherwise.) But somehow it seems a bit, I dunno. When your refereeing a match, seems the wrong time to run up and hug/congratulate one of the players.

I once saw Shaun Murphy hanging around with Tatiana before a match. Which again seemed a bit odd, though I don't know if she was reffing his match or not, as I was on another table. And at least, that was off table. Not during a match.

Maybe I'm just being unreasonable, but it seems an odd thing for a referee to do. Can you imagine any other sport where a referee would show that much affection towards a player, during a match?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Seems odd somehow. I'm not suggesting that anything untoward. (Deliberately or otherwise.) But somehow it seems a bit, I dunno. When your refereeing a match, seems the wrong time to run up and hug/congratulate one of the players.

I once saw Shaun Murphy hanging around with Tatiana before a match. Which again seemed a bit odd, though I don't know if she was reffing his match or not, as I was on another table. And at least, that was off table. Not during a match.

Maybe I'm just being unreasonable, but it seems an odd thing for a referee to do. Can you imagine any other sport where a referee would show that much affection towards a player, during a match?

Well, its Snooker not Football. The referee can't affect the outcome of the match or step in to someones advantage or disadvantage.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Strange match. At least he had that moment of brillance. But the China Open always brings out the worst in him. Thats one thing which certainly has never changed over the years. I doubt it has anything to do with Slessor. However.

Now all eyes are on the World Championship and the sixth World title. 3 weeks are a proper time to rest and prepare.

Yes well said mate!

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Well, its Snooker not Football. The referee can't affect the outcome of the match or step in to someones advantage or disadvantage.

I'm not implying she was trying to.

Just don't know if I'm okay with that, during a match anyway.

Possibly just me being a bit of a fuddy-duddy.