Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 29th of October ~ Sunday 5th of November at the Baihu Media Broadcasting Centre, Daqing, China

So its Selby v Allen for the title Last 4 meetings dating back to 2014 and 11 out of 15 matches played have been deciders with Allen winning the last 3 times 6-5.

they have never played over 2 sessions so who will proveil over 19 frames?

DRAW

Final

Mark Selby v Mark Allen Allen leads 8-7

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Shoud be a great and cracking Final if both play their best. Sometimes these can end up being one sided, but I can't see that happening here.

Mainly because, if you take CL apart, Allen leads 5-3, and out of those 8 matches, 6 have been Best of 11s!!

Allen won 4 of those, and all 4 coming in deciders.

Allen is the only player I'd favour in a decider against Selby. Hopefully he wins.

Postby TheRocket

Mark Allen: "Mark Selby is an unbelievable player, but he is just a player. If I play my game it doesn’t matter what he does. He can play as well as he wants, but it is up to me to control my emotions and play my game. I believe that if I play my best then I will win".

For once I hope Allen will put his words into action and win tomorrow.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:That's the right attitude to have.

Hopefully he does the same that Ding did at the Shanghai Masters last year and win.

I know most people here dont like him but no one can deny that Allen has always had bottle. Thats something no one can take away from him. Not only has he made some great clearances under the utmost pressure from time to time but he's also one of the very few players who don't get intimidated by anyone or care who he plays.

And thats the right attitude as you say.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:its always amuses me that not a single Ronnie fan wants Selby to win vs anyone at all.

its always amuses me that not a single Selby fan wants Ronnie to win vs anyone at all and that it never gets pointed out.

I like Selby and I only generally want O'Sullivan to beat Murphy, Holt or Selt. I have huge respect for ROS and have been lucky to be able to see him play the most extraordinary snooker ever played.

I cannot warm to him as a person though as he is generally disrespectful to others. I also admire Selby for coming up through the ranks the hard way whereas Ronnie was very privileged in comparison. I don't think that is inverted snobbery and I know he still had to work very hard, but I admire Selby immensely for his determination and he is always respectful of other players.

I know it might seem a silly reason to prefer a player based on personality but I think most people must do it.

Anyway, tomorrow should be a cracking final!

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:its always amuses me that not a single Ronnie fan wants Selby to win vs anyone at all.

its always amuses me that not a single Selby fan wants Ronnie to win vs anyone at all and that it never gets pointed out.

I like Selby and I only generally want O'Sullivan to beat Murphy, Holt or Selt. I have huge respect for ROS and have been lucky to be able to see him play the most extraordinary snooker ever played.

I cannot warm to him as a person though as he is generally disrespectful to others. I also admire Selby for coming up through the ranks the hard way whereas Ronnie was very privileged in comparison. I don't think that is inverted snobbery and I know he still had to work very hard, but I admire Selby immensely for his determination and he is always respectful of other players.

I know it might seem a silly reason to prefer a player based on personality but I think most people must do it.

No need to explain yourself kid. I've never seen any evidence of two-facedness from you.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Good post.

Personally, I don't think it's silly at all to prefer a player based on their personality. It certainly has to be a factor in liking one player over another, surely? Otherwise what's the point? Might as well wait for someone to invent 2 snooker-playing robots and watch them go at it endlessly, if that's your thing.

Postby Andre147

I echo what Pink Ball said.

When Selby plays Higgins, I want Selby to win though.

Postby Andre147

sas6789 wrote:This could be a close one, looking at their head-to head, virtually all of their matches have gone to a decider

I think the same, but I think Selby might prevail on this one, although of the two Allen has impressed me the most in this tournament, especially his win against Trump.

I predict 10-7 win Selby.