Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Apparently Yan is creating quite a buzz in China.
Crowds are expected to double in size for his semi final.

So they're expecting a crowd of 8 instead of the usual 4?

The dog with the man in the crowd had its pups it would seem.

Postby Wildey

no getting away from it the crowds this week have been rubbish.

proberbly it will pick up for the final. but it's not good pricing people out of it. world snooker needs to step in here.

Postby 147

Mark Allen and Yan Bingtao will play two times in ten days:
on Saturday (Semifinal International Championship) and
on Monday the 13th (Round 1 Shanghai Masters)

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Work tomorrow.

Out Saturday afternoon.

Just when there's some proper length matches on. :grrr:

I hate having a life. :grrr:

One day I'm going to win the lottery, retire. And then spend the rest of my life locked in my flat, watching snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:no getting away from it the crowds this week have been rubbish.

proberbly it will pick up for the final. but it's not good pricing people out of it. world snooker needs to step in here.

Indeed. It's awful for PR.

Postby TheRocket

I think anyone agrees that beating Selby in a multi session match appears to be the biggest task for a player these days. Selbys game was always suited for the longer distance and now he's really taking advantage of it and just keeps winning those matches.

Looks like someone will really have to play out of his skin to beat him in the World Championship next year. There are 4 or 5 capable of doing it but they'll really have to be at the top of their game.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:I think anyone agrees that beating Selby in a multi session match appears to be the biggest task for a player these days. Selbys game was always suited for the longer distance and now he's really taking advantage of it and just keeps winning those matches.

Looks like someone will really have to play out of his skin to beat him in the World Championship next year. There are 4 or 5 capable of doing it but they'll really have to be at the top of their game.

Agreed.

There were people on this forum who were scoffing at him for only having won one ranking event. (It was tounge in cheek scoffing, as he had also won three Masters titles.) But he really has made those scoffers look stupid now.

His style, isn't always as exciting as Ronnie's or Judd's, but you've got to respect his tenacity, effectiveness and will to win, even if he's long past frame ball being potted.

I'd love to see Ding win the World title in the next couple of years. Problem is, Selby will be incredibly difficult to beat.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:no getting away from it the crowds this week have been rubbish.

Indeed. It's awful for PR.

I'm gobsmacked that Hearn doesn't drive this side of it.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I'm gobsmacked that Hearn doesn't drive this side of it.

Well, at least we're discussing it.

Remember, anything that creates a talking point in snooker is automatically a good idea. #hearnlogic

Postby gcjdavid

kolompar wrote:Yan is the second youngest ever ranking semi finalist, beats all of Hendry, Ronnie and Higgins. Would be the youngest finalist if he wins.

Who's the youngest ever ranking semi-finalist?

Postby Andre147

I think Allen at his very best can beat Selby in a potencial Final between the two.

I'd lke to see Bingtao make the Final though, but I think he's too young to manage to beat the ultimate task there is at the moment in snooker, beating Selby in a multi-session match.