Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This match. :zzz:

What's wrong with it?

There's no tension in it whatsoever. It looked a foregone conclusion a long time ago.

As a neutral, I dislike these sorts of matches.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This match. :zzz:

What's wrong with it?

There's no tension in it whatsoever. It looked a foregone conclusion a long time ago.

As a neutral, I dislike these sorts of matches.

I hear you. A drubbing is ok if you are a big fan of the drubber.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think anyone agrees that beating Selby in a multi session match appears to be the biggest task for a player these days. Selbys game was always suited for the longer distance and now he's really taking advantage of it and just keeps winning those matches.

Looks like someone will really have to play out of his skin to beat him in the World Championship next year. There are 4 or 5 capable of doing it but they'll really have to be at the top of their game.

Agreed.

There were people on this forum who were scoffing at him for only having won one ranking event. (It was tounge in cheek scoffing, as he had also won three Masters titles.) But he really has made those scoffers look stupid now.

His style, isn't always as exciting as Ronnie's or Judd's, but you've got to respect his tenacity, effectiveness and will to win, even if he's long past frame ball being potted.

I'd love to see Ding win the World title in the next couple of years. Problem is, Selby will be incredibly difficult to beat.

I dislike him and many of his fans, and I can't warm to his style as much as I've tried to, but he's one of the best players of all-time.

Postby Andre147

This is the main reason Selby so far head in the money rankings... he hits big in the biggest money tournaments... Ronnie for instance could win 2 Home Nations events, but Selby by winning this one would earn more than him.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If Selby wins this title again Ronnie faces Robbo in his CoC opening match.

Well, at least it's not Robbie Williams.

Robbie Williams would have Ronnie's thoughest ever opponent.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby missed a tough red but could have given him a 9-2 win.

Instead Gould reduces to 8-3.

Are you posting from the future or is my stream ridiculously behind?

sory I got ahead of myself.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby missed a tough red but could have given him a 9-2 win.

Instead Gould reduces to 8-3.

Are you posting from the future or is my stream ridiculously behind?

Doc. I'm from the future.

I came in a time machine that you invented. And now I have to the year 1985.

Postby TheRocket

I'd like to see Ronnie do to Selby what Selby did to him in 2014 when he beat him in the World final and basicially put an end to Ronnies dominance. That World final 2014 was a turning point and I don't think that Ronnie yet has put that out of his mind.

Atm Selby is in a similar position Ronnie was in 12-14. Superconfident and since the World Championship 2016 he hasn't suffered any big or important defeat in semis or finals which would harm his confidence.
Last edited by TheRocket on 03 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:I'd like to see Ronnie do to Selby what Selby did to him in 2014 when he beat him in the World final and basicially put an end to Ronnies dominance. That World final 2014 was a turning point and I don't think that Ronnie yet has put that out of his mind.

DECLINE!

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I'd like to see Ronnie do to Selby what Selby did to him in 2014 when he beat him in the World final and basicially put an end to Ronnies dominance. That World final 2014 was a turning point and I don't think that Ronnie yet has put that out of his mind.

DECLINE!

Tbh. The decline jokes are getting as weak and old as the Chuck Norris ones.

Postby Andre147

Atm Selby is in a similar position Ronnie was in 12-14. Superconfident and since the World Championship 2016 he hasn't suffered any big or important defeat in semis or finals which would harm his confidence.

That would be wonderful. Ideally at the Worlds, but if it happened say at the UK Champs Final it would be great as well.