Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 29th of October ~ Sunday 5th of November at the Baihu Media Broadcasting Centre, Daqing, China

Yan Bingtao carries on with his quest for a debut Ranking title with a win over John Higgins after Beating Ronnie O'Sullivan earlier in the week conceding just 3 frames against Legends thats already won tournaments this season.

Also still involved is the Current and 3 times World Champion Mark Selby, Martin Gould and Mark Allen.

Who will contest the final on Sunday?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Mark Selby v Martin Gould Gould leads 8-4
-------------------------------------------------
Mark Allen v Yan Bingtao Yan Bingtao leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

If one takes the CL out of the equation, the h2h is much closer, Selby leading 4-3.

I think Selby will prevail in that one, but it will be a close one I think. Nerves might start kicking in near the end for Gould and Selby should win.

As for the other semi... great to see Bingtao there, but I make Allen favourite... bags of exprience in the longer formats, plus the pressure of a place in the Final might get to Yan.

Even if Yan does lose, what an incredible run this has been, I think he's definately here to stay and not disappear from the radar.

Postby eraserhead

Can see Yan beating Allen with the way he's playing, but I haven't watched Allen this tournament except for that clearance this afternoon. Can't see Gould beating Selby over two sessions.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:Considering who he's had to face, is Selby's run to the semi-finals here this week the hardest ever seen in a ranking event?

coarse it bucking is why the buck am i surrounded by bucking idiots

its obvious if SELBO beats martin gould who beat ali carter who beat shaun murphy who beat zhang yong who beat alan mcmanus that martin gould is the toughest bucking opponent possible. SELBO has had to pull out all bucking stops to win this week.
seriously losing admiration for you bucking IDDIOTS.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Considering who he's had to face, is Selby's run to the semi-finals here this week the hardest ever seen in a ranking event?

its obvious if SELBO beats martin gould who beat ali carter who beat shaun murphy who beat zhang yong who beat alan mcmanus that martin gould is the toughest bucking opponent possible. SELBO has had to pull out all bucking stops to win this week.

Pure quality

Postby Wildey

Maybe Not but who cares its what it is you turn up play a match and see what happens why the hell does it bother you so much?

Postby SnookerFan

The 2017 International Championship will run from October 29 to November 5 in China. It is one of the season’s most prestigious world ranking events. When it was introduced to the calendar in 2012 it immediately became the richest snooker tournament ever staged outside the UK, with a top prize of £125,000. Judd Trump won the inaugural title in the city of Chengdu, then home favourite Ding Junhui won it in 2013, followed by Ricky Walden in 2014. In 2015, the event moved to Daqing in the north east of China for the first time and was won by John Higgins, beating David Gilbert in the final. In 2016 Mark Selby won the title for the first time by thrashing Ding Junhui 10-1 in the final.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:

Maybe Not but who cares its what it is you turn up play a match and see what happens why the hell does it bother you so much?

Maybe because most people think Selby is boring and they don't enjoy watching him.
Or maybe they are just pointing out the truth ;-)

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Maybe because most people think Selby is boring and they don't enjoy watching him.

No you confuse Selby with your reflection in the Mirror now thats Boring.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

No you confuse Selby with your reflection in the Mirror now thats Boring.

Oh Hell no!

Postby SteveJJ

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Most is probably an exaggeration or at least I hope so.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:I want Yan to win.

Though, Selby would be hard to beat in the final.

Still, he's already beaten Ronnie and Higgins. :chin:

Beating Selby over 19 frames and in a final would be tougher than the two other wins IMO

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:

Beating Selby over 19 frames and in a final would be tougher than the two other wins IMO

I agree.

Postby Alex0paul

With Gould going deep in this it really sets up an exciting 4 way battle for the last 2 spots at The Masters.

Plus if Yan wins this week he also has a great shout too.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

Alright, fair enough. Ceasefire time.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Pure quality

+1

Genius, bordering on madness.

Postby Andre147

At the moment, beating Mark Selby in a long frame format is one of the hardest if not the hardest task for a professional snooker player, at least at the moment.

Selby is very strong in them, but by no means invincible. I'd like Yan to win it, but I think maybe only Allen at his best may stop Selby from retaining this title.

Postby Wildey

Yan was brilliant against Ronnie proberbly one of the best displays anyone has played against Ronnie but against Higgins with respect to John all he had to do was stand up to win

Postby Andre147

Ronnie said post-match only Hendry and Higgins have ever put a performance like that against him and humiliate him.

He did play well, althoough he had bags of good run of the ball at times.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Pure quality

+1

Genius, bordering on madness.

Bordering?

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Apparently Yan is creating quite a buzz in China.
Crowds are expected to double in size for his semi final.

So they're expecting a crowd of 8 instead of the usual 4?