Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Having watched the whole match so far must say Bingtao should never have lost those first 4 frames.

His safety wasn't great, plus missed 1 easy red and a black off its spot that did cost him 2 frames.

He won those 2 frames in brilliant fashion, but Allen responded also in great way making 2 back to back tons.

I highly doubt Bingtao can win this match now.

Should be Selby v Allen Final.

Postby Andre147

We rarely get long frame matches these days.... basically only Finals, these Semis or the Worlds... and as soon as we get one they end up being one sided.

Might not even reach the MSI like the Selby match.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Especially after Bingtao loses this frame...

should have made it 6.3 down.

Now it's 7-2 Allen.

It's harsh on Allen to say Bingtao should have made it 6-3 there. It was Allen who had the first opportunity and it was his cock-up that gave Bingtao a sniff. It would have been a very good clearance had Bingtao pulled it off.

Postby Andre147

It's on World Snooker website that this city of Daquing will host this tournament until 2020.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/daqing-host ... ship-2020/

If so, I hope they sort out the issue with the ticket prices for next year. We need a lot more people watching it at the venue in the 3rd biggest ranking event of the season.

Postby Andre147

After that missed long red Allen should really make it 8-2.

Game over for Bingtao I'm afraid, but a great run nevertheless. Hope to see a lot more of this amazing talent.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:It's on World Snooker website that this city of Daquing will host this tournament until 2020.

If so, I hope they sort out the issue with the ticket prices for next year. We need a lot more people watching it at the venue in the 3rd biggest ranking event of the season.

They should move it to the UK. I'd be all over this tournament.

Postby gcjdavid

Andre147 wrote:It's on World Snooker website that this city of Daquing will host this tournament until 2020.

IMO ticket prices is a small factor; China has an ever expanding middle class. A lot of people are able to afford the tickets. The main problem is that Daqing is in the middle of nowhere (it's not even connected by the extensive high-speed rail network) and it's a small city by Chinese standards. Also the airport only opened in 2009, showing how insignificant the city is. China is pretty huge, so you can't really drive for a couple of hours and reach your destination if you don't live too close. Chengdu is one of the most significant location in Western China, and therefore crowds were bigger there. Have you ever thought why the China Open, Shanghai Masters, and the China Championship have decent crowds? It's because they are staged in the three largest cities of China.

Postby Wildey

gcjdavid wrote:

IMO ticket prices is a small factor; China has an ever expanding middle class. A lot of people are able to afford the tickets. The main problem is that Daqing is in the middle of nowhere (it's not even connected by the extensive high-speed rail network) and it's a small city by Chinese standards. Also the airport only opened in 2009, showing how insignificant the city is. China is pretty huge, so you can't really drive for a couple of hours and reach your destination if you don't live too close. Chengdu is one of the most significant location in Western China, and therefore crowds were bigger there. Have you ever thought why the China Open, Shanghai Masters, and the China Championship have decent crowds? It's because they are staged in the three largest cities of China.

So its even more surprising that World Snooker has extended it for a 3 year period in Daqing <doh>

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Bingtao did an Ursenbacher. Steam-rolled into the semis and then...

Yes I thought the same thing, although I rate Bingtao higher than Ursenbacher.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
gcjdavid wrote:

So its even more surprising that World Snooker has extended it for a 3 year period in Daqing <doh>

Yeah pretty silly isnt it...

I think it was the same with the World Open, it was staged in Yushan and that's also in the middle of nowhere.