Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Selby has always struggled to beat post-prime Williams who obviously is nowhere near the player he once was.

That makes me think that prime Williams would have beaten Selby a lot. At least more often than not.

Williams regularly beat Ronnie, Higgins and Hendry during his peak so he would have had no problems whatsoever with Selby.

The key thing is and unlike Ronnie Williams has never got affected by slow play,grinding or too much safety play by his opponent. Thats why the likes of Selby and Higgins have never got under his skin. He even outclassed prime Higgins in two consecutive World Championship semi finals.

Thats why I believe that prime Williams would have never lost a three or four session match to Selby. Let alone losing and choking a World final the way Ronnie did in 2014. Which is still one of the biggest chokes in recent Snooker history. He was physically shaking on shots. That was truly Jimmy White and Matthew Stevens like.
Last edited by TheRocket on 01 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Selby has always struggled to beat post-prime Williams who obviously is nowhere near the player he once was.

That makes me think that prime Williams would have beaten Selby a lot. At least more often than not.

Williams regularly beat Ronnie, Higgins and Hendry during his peak so he would have had no problems whatsoever with Selby.

The key thing is and unlike Ronnie Williams has never got affected by slow play,grinding or too much safety play by his opponent. Thats why the likes of Selby and Higgins have never got under his skin. He even outclassed prime Higgins in two consecutive World Championship semi finals.

Thats why I believe that prime Williams would have never lost a three or four session match to Selby. Let alone losing and choking a World final the way Ronnie did in 2014. Which is still one of the biggest chokes in recent Snooker history. He was physically shaking on shots. That was truly Jimmy White and Matthew Stevens like.

IMO John Higgins choked in this year's final more.

Postby gcjdavid

On my Chinese stream (the Eurosport streams don't seem to work) there are mini betting activities using virtual currency. In frame seven of this match, I betted that there was no century to be made. The odds were 5/1 that there would be a century. I couldn't help but seethe when Judd made that 109.