Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:your not saying it as it is your saying it ecause its Selby.

its pathetic tbh

No it isnt mate. You're far too sensitive. Thats really pathetic.

People here even say that players like Carter, Ding, former World Champ Murphy or an alltime great like Williams are easy draws for O'Sullivan because of the H2H and I don't see any O'Sullivan supporter here moaning or denying it. Because the history simply says, they are easy opponents for him.

But calling Robbie Williams an easy opponent is disrespectful to Selby? This hypocricy is really a joke.

Ive never subscribed to that bullocks about easy draws because when 128 players start out and Robbie Williams beats Neil Robertson then he deserved his place in the draw had Neil got through then its the same scenario different player would that be easy for Selby?

Are you being serious? rofl

Only an utter fool or a fanboy would say Williams is not an easier opponent than all-time great Neil Robertson because he clearly is. Doesn't matter how you dress it up, it's a fact.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

its pathetic tbh

People here even say that players like Carter, Ding, former World Champ Murphy or an alltime great like Williams are easy draws for O'Sullivan because of the H2H and I don't see any O'Sullivan supporter here moaning or denying it. Because the history simply says, they are easy opponents for him.

But calling Robbie Williams an easy opponent is disrespectful to Selby? This hypocricy is really a joke.

Ive never subscribed to that bullocks about easy draws because when 128 players start out and Robbie Williams beats Neil Robertson then he deserved his place in the draw had Neil got through then its the same scenario different player would that be easy for Selby?

Williams may have beaten Robertson but that match has now gone. It has no baring on Selby playing Williams. Robertson has a much greater potential than Williams and therefore would have been a much tougher draw no doubt about it.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

its pathetic tbh

Are you being serious? rofl

Only an utter fool or a fanboy would say Williams is not an easier opponent than all-time great Neil Robertson because he clearly is. Doesn't matter how you dress it up, it's a fact.

Williams destroyed Robertson. Had Robbo scraped through 6-5 that would have been easier suerly.

seriously your the idiot <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby TheRocket

Are you serious Wild?

of course it would be a completely different scenario because Neil Robertson is a far far better player than Robbie Williams is. He just didn't show it today.

Let's say Dominic Dale beats Mark Selby and then plays Ronnie O'Sullivan. Do you think Ronnie O'Sullivan would just say, ok makes no difference now that I'll play Dale instead of Selby, same opponent?
Last edited by TheRocket on 01 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Iranu

Saying that easy draws don't exist is ridiculous. Of course they do. That's no reflection on the player (Selby in this instance) but it's a fact. Every player has benefited from it at some point or another and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out when it happens.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Robbie Williams is a tougher draw than Neil Robertson. buck me, I've heard it all now.

He beat bucking Neil so its bucking obvious Jesus buck im surounded by half wits here

Do you seriously think Robbo after strugling to beat Selt then strugling against Williams would have given Selby a match

im seriously losing respect to you bunch of idiots

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Robbie Williams is a tougher draw than Neil Robertson. buck me, I've heard it all now.

He beat bucking Neil so its bucking obvious Jesus buck im surounded by half wits here

Do you seriously think Robbo after strugling to beat Selt then strugling against Williams would have given Selby a match

So if I flunked my way to a win over O'Sullivan and faced Selby in the next round you are thereby saying i'd be a tougher draw than O'Sullivan?

Postby Wildey

And for the record i have not said that Williams is better than Robertson However at this moment in time theres nothing at all between them because if there was Robbo would not have lost 6-2

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

So if I flunked my way to a win over O'Sullivan and faced Selby in the next round you are thereby saying i'd be a tougher draw than O'Sullivan?

6-2 is no flunked is it and if you flunked your way to beat Ronnie then Ronnie is feeling rough as rubbish and would have pulled out in his next match anyway and gone to intensive care.

so yes you would be tougher atleast you could walk

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:

Do you seriously think Robbo after strugling to beat Selt then strugling against Williams would have given Selby a match.

A better match than Williams, yes.

Postby Andre147

Christ I think I've heard it all now... rofl <doh>

Robertson would be much tougher than Robbie Williams will ever be. Even if Robbie does win v Selby, it doesnt change that fact.

Robertson has much greater potencial to beat Selby.

Just take a look at how many players in history have beaten Ronnie in one round and then got knocked out in the next by a journeyman...

Same thing here, even if Robbie does win tomorrow.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

Considering Robertson's proven pedigree, his form (tournament winner already), his experience in the latter stages of tournaments, his winning mentality, and his years of experience of playing/beating Selby and other greats of the game?

Yes, basically. He'd have a better chance of giving Selby a game that Robbie would.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:If Robbie beats Selby, I think you will all have to apologise to Wildey.

No because it doesn't change Robeston is a much tougher opponent for Selby.

You only have to look at the h2h to prove this. Bobbie never beaten Selby in 5 matches, whereas we all know Robertson has beaten him several times and in important matches.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Christ I think I've heard it all now... rofl <doh>

Robertson would be much tougher than Robbie Williams will ever be. Even if Robbie does win v Selby, it doesnt change that fact.

Just take a look at how many players in history have beaten Ronnie in one round and then got knocked out in the next by a journeyman...

You could say Perry had a much better chance of Beating Robbo but Hey Williams Beat Perry and Robbo conceding only 5 frames.

Seriously is it a Strength in depth or is it not.

Cant have it both ways.

Neil is strugling big time for well over a year has no confidence of course hes a Great but at the moment he isnt Williams beat him now theres a clue children so if williams beat Robbo how the buck is Robbo going to be tougher fact is its not

People go on about easy draws etc YES it could have been harder he could have drawn Trump or Higgins fact is they not in his quarter i really cant see who Selby could have played earlier both thoes players are top 8

People going on about 90s Draws etc but basicly what people are saying is its exactly the same now no consistency in posting its just depends who your talking about.

Postby Wildey

Ohhhhh now i get it Sorry Guys you just wanted Ronnie to Get a easy ride i knew there must have been something

But it stil goes back to the Strength in Depth arguament.

Where the Hell do we stand on that?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Reckon I should go to China to watch snooker sometime?

You'll struggle to get a ticket. From what I've heard the venues over there are almost always sold out.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Christ I think I've heard it all now... rofl <doh>

You could say Perry had a much better chance of Beating Robbo but Hey Williams Beat Perry and Robbo conceding only 5 frames.

Seriously is it a Strength in depth or is it not.

Cant have it both ways.

Neil is strugling big time for well over a year has no confidence of course hes a Great but at the moment he isnt Williams beat him now theres a clue children so if williams beat Robbo how the buck is Robbo going to be tougher fact is its not

People go on about easy draws etc YES it could have been harder he could have drawn Trump or Higgins fact is they not in his quarter i really cant see who Selby could have played earlier both thoes players are top 8

People going on about 90s Draws etc but basicly what people are saying is its exactly the same now no consistency in posting its just depends who your talking about.

Are you still trying to beat that dead horse? <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Reckon I should go to China to watch snooker sometime?

You'll struggle to get a ticket. From what I've heard the venues over there are almost always sold out.

<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:With this joke draw Selby should reach the final now. Hope he'll get a proper opponent there at least.

Trump and Selby have never really played a big match. That 2011 CO final when Trump had his breakthrough was possible the only one. So I hope we'll see that match.

Is Mark Williams not a proper opponent?