Post a reply

Re: WS International Championship Heldover and Last 64 !!!

Postby TheRocket

In the old days you've always had two certain facts. One of them is that Ronnie always wins the Premier League and the other one that he loses early in China. So apart from the one-sided result the defeat itself isnt that much of a shocker. But Yan played good stuff. Still expect him to get knocked out by Walden in the next round though

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:In the old days you've always had two certain facts. One of them is that Ronnie always wins the Premier League and the other one that he loses early in China. So apart from the one-sided result the defeat itself isnt that much of a shocker. But Yan played good stuff. Still expect him to get knocked out by Walden in the next round though

Fully agree.

Losing early in China is not a surprise, losing by this score is, but Yan played well, so hats off to him. :hatoff:

Hope Ronnie plays well at the UK Champs and possibly win another ranker before that.

Postby Andre147

You could see how much the win meant for Yan. Ronnie a hero of his, as for so many young players.

Beating his hero, especially hammering him, must be very pleasing.

Hope he plays well for the rest of the tournament and doesnt lose his next match like so many times it happens.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:when you only score 5 points after the interval there is nothing what he could have done. Never got a clear cut chance in a frame apart from the frame he won.

Hope he isnt disheartened.

he won't be I'm sure.

Winning a ranker early in the season is good for him, I think he'll win at least 1 more this season. Might even be another Home Nations who knows...

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:when you only score 5 points after the interval there is nothing what he could have done. Never got a clear cut chance in a frame apart from the frame he won.

he won't be I'm sure.

Winning a ranker early in the season is good for him, I think he'll win at least 1 more this season. Might even be another Home Nations who knows...

He'll win the Welsh Open.

Postby Andy Spark

No surprise at the result; the further Ronnie gets away from home the worse he plays.

If Ding Junhui ever plays Ronnie in the final of the World Championship I think the Chinese should recommend Jupiter as the perfect location for the meeting. Ronnie wouldn’t pot a ball!

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

he won't be I'm sure.

1 more ranker and 1 more triple crown event is makeable imo. He has won one triple crown event every season since 11/12 which is quite an underrated feat so I hope that streak stays alive.

Postby TheRocket

Trump or Higgins to make it to the final in the bottom half of the draw. Can't see another player doing it.
Thats why I'd like them to meet in the semis.

And Trump has something to prove. He has never beaten Higgins in a bo11 or longer match.

Postby Pedro147

For me, I never pick Trump to beat any of the Top 3 or 4 over longer distance. Seems to play to luck a lot and you sorta feel he's one really bad session in him over multi-session matches.

I pick Ronnie, Higgins, Selby or even Bingham is a three or four session match over him. I know they're not the top 4 as regard ranking but over the past 4 or 5 years they've been the standard setters.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

he won't be I'm sure.

He'll win the Welsh Open.

Ronnie Lost so why you still here?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
1 more ranker and 1 more triple crown event is makeable imo. He has won one triple crown event every season since 11/12 which is quite an underrated feat so I hope that streak stays alive.

Yes it definately is quite remarkable that since 2012 he's won at least 1 TC every season.

Hopefully this season he'll win the UK and/or the Worlds. For me he could be done with winning The Masters, already holds the record and I dont think anyone can match that any time soon.

Postby Alex0paul

TheRocket wrote:Trump or Higgins to make it to the final in the bottom half of the draw. Can't see another player doing it.

And Trump has something to prove. He has never beaten Higgins in a bo11 or longer match.

Not Brecel?

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Trump or Higgins to make it to the final in the bottom half of the draw. Can't see another player doing it.

Not Brecel?

Nothing against him as a person but I just don't rate him as a high-quality player yet. Too inconsistent, vulnerable , not the best technique and no department in his game really which stands out.

In the China Championship he didn't play well either. O'Sullivan choked that match away against him after a 4:1 lead and in the final he played against a pathetic Murphy. That was one of the worst finals I've ever seen standard-wise. Still all credit to him for winning that tournament but if I'm honest I don't think he's that much of a huge talent.

I'd probably put him into the same bracket like lets say Mark Allen or even worse. He might prove me wrong but thats how I see the things.

Postby Cloud Strife

LC wrote:How did lines win! He was missing so many easy balls and the comms said he didn’t make 1 century last season, looked like a rank amateur

Ding was even worse. He was getting frustrated a lot, banging his cue and punching the table, and generally looked like he just didn't want to be there.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
LC wrote:How did lines win! He was missing so many easy balls and the comms said he didn’t make 1 century last season, looked like a rank amateur

Ding was even worse. He was getting frustrated a lot, banging his cue and punching the table, and generally looked like he just didn't want to be there.

Yes I saw that. In recent years from time to time Ding does show a lot of emotion of course when playing marmite like he did today.

Postby TheRocket

I do believe that those defeats against Selby in the last two World Championships might affect him mentally throughout the whole season. Especially the one this year was really hard to take for Ding and you could see it.

I hope he'll put that out of his head quickly because I don't think he has done it yet.