Post a reply

Re: World Cup

Postby kolompar

SnookerEd25 wrote:
kolompar wrote:This is the best lineup in these recent World Cups, all countries on the main tour represented and the only team with two amateurs is Brazil.

And they've made a good start - 4 up on Malaysia.

Itaro Santos is unbeaten so far.

Postby OoNebsoO

I don't understand the end of this doubles frame. They were tied, and respotted black. Borg played once, Robbo played once, and the frame is over?

Also, Aussies are very poor.

EDIT: Somehow Malta won that frame. Freakin' World Cup sillyness.

Did Robertson fouled?

Postby eraserhead

Only half paying attention to this, the Aussie match aint great. Hopefully I'll see some of the less common snooker countries at some point this week.

Postby SnookerFan

So, what's the format? A mixture of singles, doubles and a deciding frame based on who can hit the black best?

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:So, what's the format? A mixture of singles, doubles and a deciding frame based on who can hit the black best?

5 frames are played there is one doubles frame and the other frames are each team member plays each other once, that's what I gathered from today.

Postby hendry_fan

OoNebsoO wrote:Borg destroyed team Australia. Resistance is futile.

I only saw the end of the frame between Borg and Kurt Dunham and the frame Robbo played against Duncan Bezzina.

Robbos misery continues. :dizzy:

I know it was just 1 frame,in which Trump played against the young Swiss gun,Alexander Ursenbacher,but both were all over the shop in that frame,both had countless chances,it was Trump that got over the line though.

Postby fridge46

RE: Robertson foul ending frame 3.

He hit out of turn.

Before the frame starts, the players establish an order of play. In this case:- Robertson, Borg, Dunham, Bezzina, Robertson, etc.

In the case of a respot:

"When a frame ends in a tie Section 3 Rule 4 applies. If a re-spotted Black is necessary the pair who play the first stroke have the choice of which player will make that stroke. The order of play must then continue as in the frame."

As Borg took the first stroke of the re-spotted Black, Dunham should have followed afterwards. The confusion came about because Dunham took the last stroke for Australia before the re-spot.
Last edited by fridge46 on 03 Jul 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby OoNebsoO

fridge46 wrote:RE: Robertson foul ending frame 3.

He hit out of turn.

Before the frame starts, the players establish an order of play. In this case:- Robertson, Borg, Dunham, Bezzina, Robertson, etc.

In the case of a respot:

"When a frame ends in a tie Section 3 Rule 4 applies. If a re-spotted Black is necessary the pair who play the first stroke have the choice of which player will make that stroke. The order of play must then continue as in the frame."

As Borg took the first stroke of the re-spotted Black, Dunham should have followed afterwards.

Thanks for that, was watching on souless and comentatorless bet365.

Robbo. <doh>

I wonder are players allowed to talk to each other...haven't noticed so guessing not? Maybe some advice from a *bigger* name to compatriots?

Postby fridge46

OoNebsoO wrote:
I wonder are players allowed to talk to each other...haven't noticed so guessing not? Maybe some advice from a *bigger* name to compatriots?

They are, but not if its their turn at the table:

"Partners may confer during a frame but not whilst one is the striker and has approached the table until the break has ended with a non-scoring stroke or foul."

Postby eraserhead

fridge46 wrote:They are, but not if its their turn at the table:

"Partners may confer during a frame but not whilst one is the striker and has approached the table until the break has ended with a non-scoring stroke or foul."

So they can talk while opponents are at the table? That seems like something players would want to avoid.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Highlights on at 8pm.

Hong Kong Vs Germany on Eurosport 2.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Highlights on at 8pm.

Hong Kong Vs Germany on Eurosport 2.

Yeah, this tournament sucks.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Image

Sexy Fergal :love:

Postby SnookerFan

What's this foul that Robertson scored, that everybody is talking about?

Postby Deewee

If there's a feed from the third table, why doesn't eurosport player bother showing it?

Postby Dannyboy

Neil Robertson beat himself by going out of turn on a respotted black. Which is an automatic foul and frame loss.

Guess what, they lost 3-2.

Postby SnookerFan

Dannyboy wrote:

Neil Robertson beat himself by going out of turn on a respotted black. Which is an automatic foul and frame loss.

The commentators this morning suggested that Neil Robertson was unfortunate, as players are unused to playing doubles matched and thus it's understandable he'd be confused by the rules.

Do we agree? Disagree?

Postby Dannyboy

...know the rules!!! This tournament is worth $800,000 so its quite important to know!

Postby SnookerEd25

Bit disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm in this country TBH; where's the tabloid wall charts? people taking sickies to watch England-Switzerland? the Sun exhorting Trump & the Hawk to 'SMASH THE KRAUTS & BRING THE TITLE HOME BOYS!'

I'm beginning to think there won't even be an open-top bus parade if they do just that... :weeds: :td:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

The commentators this morning suggested that Neil Robertson was unfortunate, as players are unused to playing doubles matched and thus it's understandable he'd be confused by the rules.

Do we agree? Disagree?

It's very funny that he would mess up like that!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:It's very funny that he would mess up like that!!

I bet he was laughing plenty after the match. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Bit disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm in this country TBH; where's the tabloid wall charts? people taking sickies to watch England-Switzerland? the Sun exhorting Trump & the Hawk to 'SMASH THE KRAUTS & BRING THE TITLE HOME BOYS!'

I'm beginning to think there won't even be an open-top bus parade if they do just that... :weeds: :td:

Postby gcjdavid

Tell me when the China B game ends. I need to sleep.

Postby fridge46

gcjdavid wrote:Tell me when the China B game ends. I need to sleep.

Finished lol