Post a reply

Re: World Cup

Postby OoNebsoO

World Cup holders might go out pretty soon. Choking against Malaysia, while Wales don't give much of a damn today, and might lose as many or more frames than in previous four matches.

Postby SnookerFan

OoNebsoO wrote:World Cup holders might go out pretty soon. Choking against Malaysia

Postby Deewee

Didn't choke enough though as 3-2 wins for both of them mean that China B go through.

Postby OoNebsoO

Nice recovery. Very poor from MJW today (at least from doubles frame), some spectacularly bad shots.

Postby SnookerEd25

OoNebsoO wrote:Nice recovery. Very poor from MJW today (at least from doubles frame), some spectacularly bad shots.

I heard he was drunk. :party:

Postby SnookerEd25

So Thailand won their group, even though they lost to Northern Ireland, who won all 5 of their matches but finished second; that shouldn't be right. I think there should be a set number of points for a victory, then bonus points for frames won; surely that makes more sense? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:So Thailand won their group, even though they lost to Northern Ireland, who won all 5 of their matches but finished second; that shouldn't be right. I think there should be a set number of points for a victory, then bonus points for frames won; surely that makes more sense? :chin:

Agree with this.

Not that I've watched more than the odd frame of this. rofl

Postby fridge46

Possible scenarios: Switzerland beat Pakistan 5-0, Malta beat Iran 4-1 and Australia lose 1-4 to England.

That would leave Australia, Iran, Malta and Switzerland equal 2nd with 12 frames won. In this case, there will be a blue ball shoot out...

Any clue how that would work?!

Postby SnookerEd25

fridge46 wrote:Possible scenarios: Switzerland beat Pakistan 5-0, Malta beat Iran 4-1 and Australia lose 1-4 to England.

That would leave Australia, Iran, Malta and Switzerland equal 2nd with 12 frames won. In this case, there will be a blue ball shoot out...

No. :shrug:

Ask me another.

Postby SnookerFan

fridge46 wrote:Possible scenarios: Switzerland beat Pakistan 5-0, Malta beat Iran 4-1 and Australia lose 1-4 to England.

I'd assume it was just like the black ball shoot out, except with a blue ball.

And several players involved....

Oh yeah, I see the problem. :|

Postby OoNebsoO

China on the brink of elimination, Marco in break, 40+ points already ahead, and not that hard table. Both would be on 16-9, but this 3-2 win would take Hong Kong further.

Belgium! Very nice, haven't seen much of them, Luca in form?

EDIT: Guess I just jinxed Marco. Ding in break.

And China it is, Ding without much trouble cleared the table. Them and Belgium on 17-8, but Belgium takes the first place thanks to their win over China.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

Or...

A respected referee, let's call him Jan, stands in a field and at the cry of "PULL!" launches a fusillade of blue balls into the air for the assembled players to shoot at, with air rifles.

Could happen.

Postby fridge46

Iran arent messing around, leading 3-0!

They just need to equal Australias score line to progress (Iran hold the tiebreaker as they beat Australia 4-1 earlier in the week)

Postby Deewee

And Australia are out. Iran to win the whole thing? I say yes

Postby fridge46

OoNebsoO wrote:Wales - Iran
Thailand - China 1
Belgium - China 2
England - Northern Ireland

Sorry, the top half is wrong. Its:

Wales - China 1
Thailand - Iran

Postby Deewee

Robbo having some fun with the meaningless frame

Postby hendry_fan

Deewee wrote:Robbo having some fun with the meaningless frame

Yeah,i just managed to see that,he would,ve been as well doin a Quinten Hann and just smashin into the pack though.

Come to think of it,he indeed did do that once,he even potted a red in doin so,check it out,.........

https://youtu.be/-hTTwY9zTIM

From 2:40 - 2:54. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Or...

A respected referee, let's call him Jan, stands in a field and at the cry of "PULL!" launches a fusillade of blue balls into the air for the assembled players to shoot at, with air rifles.

Could happen.

No, no, no.

He only throws one, but yells "Scramble." Everybody pounces on it, and the first person who picks it up wins.

Postby kolompar

Group stages are over, maybe next time we will see a blue ball shoot out.
Scotland going out is the only big surprise for me. Brazil did well to beat Wales but just missed out, Iran and Belgium took advantage of the weaker seeds in their groups. Thought Finland, Ireland and Pakistan would do better.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

You've got to hold and give but do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast but you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them, get into the pack
Catch me if you can cos I'm the England man
And what you're looking at is the master plan
We ain't no hooligans, this ain't no snooker song
Three lions on my chest, I know we can't go wrong

Postby OoNebsoO

Are there any detailed scores? For instance, interested to see how many of 9 frames Belgium lost so far were ones where Brecel played? Don't think I saw a single one he lost...

Postby OoNebsoO

China 1 wins 4-1 v Wales. 3-2 lead for the other China.

Belgium hangs on, 3-3. Brecel - Yuelong to fight it out in decider?