Post a reply

Re: Why does China have an A and B group?

Postby SnookerFan

I'm assuming you meant to post this in the World Cup forum? rofl

But to answer your question, because it's a crap tournament and should never be taken seriously. By anybody....

Postby SnookerEd25

They are the reigning champions, so Yan Bingtao & Zhou Yuelong get to defend their title, while the highest-ranked Chinese (Ding & Liang) also compete as the other team.

Fair enough, I would say.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:They are the reigning champions, so Yan Bingtao & Zhou Yuelong get to defend their title, while the highest-ranked Chinese (Ding & Liang) also compete as the other team.

Fair enough, I would say.

Didn't they have two teams last time?

Do the Chinese always just win this then?

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:It's a big country

So is the USA.

They should enter two American teams. <ok>

I agree completely young sir

Postby TheSaviour

The speculations are always just speculations. If, for example, China A team does better than the B then it can be argued it was 100% sure that it was always going to be the case. If it goes vice versa then people give different estimations. 65-35, perhaps.

If looking back history, the science always estimates what has happened was always going to be the case, so 100% sure it would always happen. And things that has not happened or materialised always had 0% to happen. Well obviously that´s a spot on approach. Because everyone needs to trust. Whether it is about the science or anything really. Whether that´s called a destiny then, or whatever. But it can be always argued that what was the probability that something rather erratic did happen. So perhaps taking something between 0-100, perhaps a 50% then.

So if someone asks a quastion like here was made there always is a some kind of case. Asking that why China has A and B teams. So it isn´t necessarly sure that A does better than B. If an underdog wins people throw the science (and a destiny) out of the window, and starts to ask questions, and starts to take the rather mathematical approach. The mathematics always just tells how things are, but never give any answers why things has happened. Or to give any hints about the reality.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:The speculations are always just speculations. If, for example, China A team does better than the B then it can be argued it was 100% sure that it was always going to be the case. If it goes vice versa then people give different estimations. 65-35, perhaps.

That's all I was trying to say, man.

Postby SteveJJ

It's a good job that no one much gives a toss about this otherwise we could get het up about the fact that presumably Mark Selby turned down the chance to represent his country! How unpatriotic.