Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Gibraltar Open !!!

Postby chengdufan

Just watched the lisowski vahedi match on youtube. Great advert for snooker. One of the most exciting games I've seen in a while. Really feel for Vahedi who played reasonably well. He must have been gutted.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:As a sound engineer I notice that they don't mic these small tournaments as well as the bigger ones, so they are not as pleasing to listen to. It must be a cost thing. In the bigger tournaments they mic the tables underneath, and then mix this audio source with the room ambience and the commentators. So the wonderful click and clack and thudding percussion of harder shots into the pockets are really clear. The ITV and BBC tournaments are exquisitely mic'ed. They've learnt over the years how to make it sound good and have the budget to do it properly. So for example in this PTC there is a just an ambient/room mic, so the reverb of the table noise clouds the clear table sound and it sounds like it's in a cavern. Same in some of the China tournaments.

I love the sounds of snooker, it's all part of the enjoyment for me. :dj:

Fascinating.... :zzz:

Postby boris_the_butcher

SnookerFan wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:where online can one watch this

Is it not on Eurosport?

nah just skiing i want to see the if any barbary macaques invade the arena.

Postby Dan-cat

boris_the_butcher wrote:where online can one watch this

Eurosport player. Is ace.

Eurosport televise every single tournament with multiple tables in most events. £3.99 per month very well spent. I watch on laptop and iphone.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Snooker on iPhone? How rubbish. Surely the screen is too small to watch Snooker properly.

IPhone 7 plus (bigger screen), in bed late at night, in an effort not to disturb the Latvian - is ace!

Postby Vallomas

Ryan won 4-1, Bingham was beaten by Cao and Kyren is trailing Walker 0-3. Surely can be Ryan's Day, but also his tournament to lose.

Postby Dan-cat

Vallomas wrote:Ryan won 4-1, Bingham was beaten by Cao and Kyren is trailing Walker 0-3. Surely can be Ryan's Day, but also his tournament to lose.

Yup.

Exciting black ball finish in this frame Walker missed a double for 4 - nil by millimetres

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:As a sound engineer I notice that they don't mic these small tournaments as well as the bigger ones, so they are not as pleasing to listen to. It must be a cost thing. In the bigger tournaments they mic the tables underneath, and then mix this audio source with the room ambience and the commentators. So the wonderful click and clack and thudding percussion of harder shots into the pockets are really clear. The ITV and BBC tournaments are exquisitely mic'ed. They've learnt over the years how to make it sound good and have the budget to do it properly. So for example in this PTC there is a just an ambient/room mic, so the reverb of the table noise clouds the clear table sound and it sounds like it's in a cavern. Same in some of the China tournaments.

I love the sounds of snooker, it's all part of the enjoyment for me. :dj:

Fascinating.... :zzz:

Thank you. I knew that you would appreciate this post.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Snooker on iPhone? How rubbish. Surely the screen is too small to watch Snooker properly.

Nah it's fine. The resolution is good enough that you can see everything. And it's in HD so it looks better than the ITV tournaments for example.

Then again I watch TV on my phone all the time so screen size never really bothers me.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

Nah it's fine. The resolution is good enough that you can see everything. And it's in HD so it looks better than the ITV tournaments for example.

Then again I watch TV on my phone all the time so screen size never really bothers me.

It's probably good if you're travelling somewhere.

At home I prefer a TV. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

It’s great to see young guys like Lee Walker making a breakthrough

Postby Alex0paul

Day would love to add the prestigious Gibraltar Open to go alongside his Riga Masters title

Postby Alex0paul

Cao has to win the title to pip Dott for the last place in the Players Championship by £500