Post a reply

Re: D88 German Masters Final !!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:Was Bingham considered one of the four or five players who could win The Crucible?

1 Selby
2 Ron
3 Robbo
4 Higgins
5 Murphy
6 Williams
7 Trump
8 Allen

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was Bingham considered one of the four or five players who could win The Crucible?

1 Selby
2 Ron
3 Robbo
4 Higgins
5 Murphy
6 Williams
7 Trump
8 Allen

Ronnie said 5.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

1 Selby
2 Ron
3 Robbo
4 Higgins
5 Murphy
6 Williams
7 Trump
8 Allen

Ronnie said 5.

That's my own list.

Postby Iranu

I know he got a nice kiss but why hold your hand up to apologise for luck after potting a great red? The kiss was always a possibility.

There's too much of that rubbish in the game. Players should take credit for their good play.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I know he got a nice kiss but why hold your hand up to apologise for luck after potting a great red? The kiss was always a possibility.

There's too much of that rubbish in the game. Players should take credit for their good play.

Just gentlemanly to apologise for fortuitous play.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:Graeme talking to himself. Isn't that a sign of madness?

I just asked myself the same question, and I reassured me that it's nothing to worry about.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Graeme talking to himself. Isn't that a sign of madness?

I do it all the time.

Make of that what you will.

Do you answer yourself though?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:I know he got a nice kiss but why hold your hand up to apologise for luck after potting a great red? The kiss was always a possibility.

I think there's a limit. You don't see players apologising for landing on a red after splitting the pack, even though there's always luck involved there, because they've played a good shot. I don't think Graeme's kiss was worth apologising for because stuff like that happens all the time.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I think there's a limit. You don't see players apologising for landing on a red after splitting the pack, even though there's always luck involved there, because they've played a good shot. I don't think Graeme's kiss was worth apologising for because stuff like that happens all the time.

I agree with you on this. Absolutely no need to apologise for canoning the green.

Postby Lucky

Well....this final has got the forum buzzing. Gotta love the unbelievably high standard of the game currently.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:I wanted Willo to win, but not this way. Hope Dott gets a frame or 2 before it ends.

Does it really matter?

Postby Iranu

Again, how was that unfortunate for Dott? He landed close to the cushion because he overhit it slightly, and the cannon went wrong because he didn't catch it quite right.

Not hitting the shot perfectly isn't anything to do with luck. And to be honest it's an insult to the players that so much is made of luck as if it's an actual cosmic force that imposes its will on reality.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I wanted Willo to win, but not this way. Hope Dott gets a frame or 2 before it ends.

Does it really matter?

For those who want to see abit more snooker, yes.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Dott should apologise for apologising.

Less apologising and more potting would be nice.

Maybe he was apologising to the crowd.