Post a reply

D88 German Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 31st of January ~ Sunday 4th of February at the Tempodrom in Berlin

World Champion Mark Selby is out at the hands of Xiao Guodong and the draw has opened up for the likes of 2006 World Champion Graeme Dott having put away Barry Hawkins BUT the likes of Judd Trump, Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy are still there.

So who will reach the quarter finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Jimmy Robertson v Gary Wilson Tied at 1-1
Mark J Williams v Matthew Selt Williams leads 3-0
Ding Junhui v Ricky Walden Walden leads 4-3
Joe Perry v Judd Trump Trump leads 9-4
----------------------------------------------------
Mark Davis v Ryan Day Day leads 10-4
Mark Joyce v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 3-0
Graeme Dott v Mei Xiwen Tied at 1-1
Liang Wenbo v Xiao Guodong Liang Wenbo leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88 German Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

Hope MJW wins this title.

Either him or Mavis. Mavis winning it would be fitting, given what happened last year.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Ryan Day is so consistent in this tournament

Some tournaments and venues just seem to suit certain players, and Ryan most likely loves the tournament. What's not to like anyway.... brilliant venue this.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Ain't that true of a lot of tournaments?

Actually no. Only a handfull of them have a venue as good as this. The rest of the venues seem pretty much the same to me. This one is special.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:

Actually no. Only a handfull of them have a venue as good as this. The rest of the venues seem pretty much the same to me. This one is special.

I know it's down to sponsors, but it would be great to see this get an increase in prize money with the turnout and atmosphere it generates each year.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I know it's down to sponsors, but it would be great to see this get an increase in prize money with the turnout and atmosphere it generates each year.

In an ideal world I would make a big money tournament in the UK, China and Europe. UK and now the China Open have it. In Europe, I think the most ideal tournament would be this one, with a 200 000 grand top prize. Probably never happen though, but that's what I would like to see happen.

Postby eraserhead

Ding is one of the best at opening the reds of the blue.

And then a silly mistake. <doh>
Last edited by eraserhead on 01 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eraserhead

German masters main table usually has a nice mix of players on it. Thought Judd and Perry would get the main spot tonight.