Post a reply

Re: D88 German Masters Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Angles 2 all with Murphy. Amazing that Angles can still mix it with the very best really

Angles was in one of the first matches I ever saw live. He knocked Hendry out of the 2006 Masters.

(I had attended The Masters a couple of days previous to that, so not my first.)

Still, that was 12 years ago. And hardly early in his career.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:It was only two or three years ago that McManus was a Crucible semi-finalist.

I know! 2015. Amazing really. I was in LA for a music festival and missed the whole last 5 days. I did watch the final when I got back. Ding shoulda had him!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It was only two or three years ago that McManus was a Crucible semi-finalist.

I know! 2015. Amazing really. I was in LA for a music festival and missed the whole last 5 days. I did watch the final when I got back. Ding shoulda had him!

I watched half of it in the pub. Felt bad since. Should've given it more attention.

Didn't Ding play Mark Williams that year? Two players I like.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:

He reached the semis in 2016, when he lost to Ding.

But yes, since then he's had a bit of a downfall.

Postby Alex0paul

Ridiculous that it's a 1000 point jump between winning today and losing

Postby Andre147

Wouldnt be surprised if Selby lost this match v Guodong.

He looks very beatable this season, even in the earlier rounds of the IC which he won, he looked vulnerable against Tom Ford and MJW. His only consistent performances this season came in that semi of the IC v Gould and in the Final v Allen.

Apart from that hes not really had an impact this season. I guess it could only go downhill after winning 4 rankers + a minor one the season before.

Postby snooky147

Dan-cat wrote:Dott vs Hawkins could be good. Teppy is great to watch.

Also Xiao could defo be trouble Selbs at the mo...

Don't know where the hell Graemes head was in that second frame. On 40, runs out of position and instead of a good safety he goes for crazy red into middle, misses and opens all the reds up.Sighsand now good safety from Hawkins and he's in in the third frame. Sighs again.

Postby Andre147

snooky147 wrote:

Don't know where the hell Graemes head was in that second frame. On 40, runs out of position and instead of a good safety he goes for crazy red into middle, misses and opens all the reds up.Sighsand now good safety from Hawkins and he's in in the third frame. Sighs again.

Dott is even more attacking than Ronnie these days...

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

Dott is even more attacking than Ronnie these days...

Of course he is. Dott has a reputation to maintain.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:My little girl is a wee bit under the weather. May not post in the coming days. Going to watch the snooker with her instead. Enjoy the tournament lads and lasses!

No. Come back.

We'll miss you.

Postby T.J.

Cant stand Dennis Taylor. NEW ZEALANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:I prefer my daughter. She has very bad language though.

On a more interesting note, tits or ass?

You were thinking about your daughter, and you asked that?

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:

I Think its escalating with Graeme No longer he plays the game on the table its all about not wanting to be seen as negative and its costing him a lot of matches.

Postby snooky147

Wildey wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

I Think its escalating with Graeme No longer he plays the game on the table its all about not wanting to be seen as negative and its costing him a lot of matches.

Sorry but your all wrong there. He just see the game as being more attack minded these days and plays accordingly. At the end of the day its his choice.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

Sorry but your all wrong there. He just see the game as being more attack minded these days and plays accordingly. At the end of the day its his choice.

but its costing him a lot of money mate no getting away from that

if that style was bringing him titles even finals it would be different but its clearly not its been 2 years since hes reached a quarter final.