Post a reply

Re: D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Well yes and to counter your argument, isn't professional sport just entertainment?

No. Not just entertainment.

You watch it to be entertained, but it's also a sport. Success has to be earned, not awarded to whoever Hearn wants.

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

jason ferguson @jasonferguson5
What an amazing career Jimmy White is having, still cutting it at the highest level, he still loves the sport like he just started playing, cant help but have the greatest respect for him <thumbs up>

Re: Re:D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Gridlock

motorhead wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jimmy beat Ants

I may have missed something but didn't Ants concede somewhat early?

uh? no.

Ok...for some reason I thought there was still a lot of points left on the table. Happy for Jimmy. He played well.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
kolompar wrote:Imagine if Yuan Sijun now breaks Ronnie's record.

It is inevitable that it will beaten at some point?

It will probably.

But Ronnie's triumph that year, being so young, 2nd most imporrtant ranker, and back then proper Best of 17 format, will forever remain one of the finest achievments Snooker has seen. The players he beat en route to the Final speak for itself... peak Hendry, Davis, who at the time was still winning titles, and the likes of Doherty, McManus and Morgan, the latter who was also one of the best players on tour at the time.

This achievment and the way he did it nobody can take that from him. If the youngest record gets broken at some point then so be it.

Re: Re:D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Gridlock

Gridlock wrote:
motorhead wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jimmy beat Ants

I may have missed something but didn't Ants concede somewhat early?

uh? no.

Ok...for some reason I thought there was still a lot of points left on the table. Happy for Jimmy. He played well.

Alright then...I went back and saw that there weren't enough points straightaway. But couldn't have Ants at least played for snookers. Forgive me...I've still only followed the game for not 3 years☺

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:It will probably.

But Ronnie's triumph that year, being so young, 2nd most imporrtant ranker, and back then proper Best of 17 format, will forever remain one of the finest achievments Snooker has seen. The players he beat en route to the Final speak for itself... peak Hendry, Davis, who at the time was still winning titles, and the likes of Doherty, McManus and Morgan, the latter who was also one of the best players on tour at the time.

This achievment and the way he did it nobody can take that from him. If the youngest record gets broken at some point then so be it.

Does it really matter either way? Ronnie's legend in the game is secured.

If some little kid comes along and break the record, it doesn't mean they'll replace Ronnie in anything, does it?

Ronnie holds much more meaningful records than that.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Yeah I didn’t even know he held that record.

What, until just now?

I knew about the youngest ever winner of a ranker at 17 obvs, but I didn’t know he was the youngest player to win all triple crowns. That’s what we are talking about right? I’m confused now.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Yeah I didn’t even know he held that record.

What, until just now?

I knew about the youngest ever winner of a ranker at 17 obvs, but I didn’t know he was the youngest player to win all triple crowns. That’s what we are talking about right? I’m confused now.

That's not what I was talking about. Just youngest ranking event winner.

I think the point was Ronnie's maiden title was a TC, so would be more impressive.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ordered Chinese.

This forum has jumped the shark, man.

You nazi!

It's the German Masters.

Nazis are welcome.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:I just farted.

Can you kindly explain to apparently idiot me why Ants didn't continue playing for snookers in that match with Jimmy?

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:

Can you kindly explain to apparently idiot me why Ants didn't continue playing for snookers in that match with Jimmy?

I didn't see the match.

What was the situation?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

I didn't see the match.

What was the situation?

Maybe he was playing marmite, annoyed at being beaten by an old-timer and just wanted out of there. Also the balls could have been placed in such a way that getting snookers and all the remaining points was too difficult.

Sometimes players concede when only needing one or two snookers because the table doesn't favour them achieving them.