Post a reply

Re: D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
kolompar wrote:Record safe, Ronnie fans can thank Matt Selt rofl

That is one of the most important records Ronnie holds as far as I'm concerned.

Why?

Because it ultimately proves his genius.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Does it?

So, if Bingtao had won the Northern Ireland Open and broke the record, you'd no longer consider Ronnie a genius?

Ronnie is Ronnie, no matter whether the youngest ranking winner record was broken.

Nobody would've thought Yan was better than Ronnie, would they?

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Does it?

So, if Bingtao had won the Northern Ireland Open and broke the record, you'd no longer consider Ronnie a genius?

Ronnie is Ronnie, no matter whether the youngest ranking winner record was broken.

Nobody would've thought Yan was better than Ronnie, would they?

Nobody said that Ronnie wouldn't be a genius if Bingtao had won the NI Open. Ronnie isn't a genius simply because of this record.
BUT most people who don't follow snooker and were to look up the game and some facts/statistics/records, they might think Yan is a more talented teenager, had he won in NI and held the record.

As far as I'm concerned, winning the UK at 17, while it still had a proper format and against a prime Hendry in the final will always top winning an average tourney, with a joke of a format.
This will also be true in your eyes and those of most snooker enthusiasts, but the average Joe won't be able to distinguish between the 2 achievement and he might consider Yan superior, which would be a real shame

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:Nobody said that Ronnie wouldn't be a genius if Bingtao had won the NI Open. Ronnie isn't a genius simply because of this record.
BUT most people who don't follow snooker and were to look up the game and some facts/statistics/records, they might think Yan is a more talented teenager, had he won in NI and held the record.

As far as I'm concerned, winning the UK at 17, while it still had a proper format and against a prime Hendry in the final will always top winning an average tourney, with a joke of a format.
This will also be true in your eyes and those of most snooker enthusiasts, but the average Joe won't be able to distinguish between the 2 achievement and he might consider Yan superior, which would be a real shame

Surely, even the most casual of fan won't look at the long list of Ronnie's achievements, and then look at a 17 year old with one trophy and conclude that the teenager is better?

And even if they did, so what?

Postby SnookerFan

OoNebsoO wrote:Murphy v Davidson, Hawkins v Barrett.

6 v 110 and 7 v 109

12 v 35 Kyren v Jack.

Always the same. They prefer to put on big names, rather than decent matches.

Postby motorhead

Anyways Ursenbacher had a lead throughout the early part of match but Ken came from 3-2 down and won 3 frames on the spin.

Zhou's loss is quite bad but guy's probably not yet fully ok in terms commitment/mental aspect.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I would like Li to beat Allen. This is pure nastiness on my part of which I am not proud.

Hang him high!

Don't mess with Allen, he looks like he'd do well in a street fight. :box:
Plus I like the fact that he has the guts to speak his mind, even though he says stupid things sometimes. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I would like Li to beat Allen. This is pure nastiness on my part of which I am not proud.

Hang him high!

Don't mess with Allen, he looks like he'd do well in a street fight. :box:

Yeah, if he sat on you.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

There are specific tactics that you should apply if a brawl with Allen was unavoidable, in order to facilitate a swift and successful conclusion to any physical encounter.

In other news, White is 2-1 up on McGill.

Re:D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Gridlock

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jimmy beat Ants

I may have missed something but didn't Ants concede somewhat early?

Re: Re:D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby motorhead

Gridlock wrote:

I may have missed something but didn't Ants concede somewhat early?

uh? no.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

Hell of a win for Jimmy.

I love Jimmy, but I'm starting to side with Wildey on this one.

Every now and then he performs out of his skin and beats a top player like he did Ali at the UK... and then collapses the next round.

Having said that.... a lot of the up and coming players do that too.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
I love Jimmy, but I'm starting to side with Wildey on this one.

Every now and then he performs out of his skin and beats a top player like he did Ali at the UK... and then collapses the next round.

Having said that.... a lot of the up and coming players do that too.

If by siding with Wild, you mean you don't think he should've got a Wildcard, then I've always sided with him.

I don't think anybody, no matter how popular or how much they've achieved in the past, should get special advantages to be let on the tour. He wants back on tour, he should've played in Q-School. Same goes for Ken Doherty.

This is a professional sport, not a popularity contest. You earn it, or you don't stay on tour.