Post a reply

D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 19th ~ Friday 22nd of December at Barnsley Metrodome

After missing the scottish Open World Champion Mark Selby back in Action trying to earn the 32 spots in Berlin next year with newly crowned Scottish Open Champion Neil Robertson trying to do the same,

Some top 16 players wont be there John Higgins, Marco Fu not entered and of course Stuart Bingham who is suspended also not there.

But UK Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan who seems to be playing everything this season is in the draw as is Defending champion Anthony Hamilton.

Who will reach the last 64?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88 German Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Iceman33 wrote:
Ronnie O’Sullivan has withdrawn from this week’s D88 German Masters qualifiers for medical reasons.

It`s obvious he is scared of Rory.

That's a pity, but understandable.

This is a Mickey Mouse event now without Ronnie there.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iceman33 wrote:
Ronnie O’Sullivan has withdrawn from this week’s D88 German Masters qualifiers for medical reasons.

I'm still looking forward to it.

Postby TheRocket

Good decision imo. The likes of ROS and Higgins have played lots of Snooker these last weeks and months. Surprised about Fu's decision given that he's had a bad season so far.

But no point playing too much Snooker between the post-Masters and pre-World Championship period if you have done enough in terms of ranking points which O'Sullivan certainly has.

Postby kolompar

Standout matches for me:
Akani v O'Brien and Lü v Joyce UK rematch :D
Both youngsters are close on the World Grand Prix rankings but will need a good run here or at the Shootout to get in the 32.
Basem Eltahhan is up against Stevens, chance for him to finally win a match.
And there's Rod Lawler v Ross Muir...

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheRocket wrote:Good decision imo. The likes of ROS and Higgins have played lots of Snooker these last weeks and months. Surprised about Fu's decision given that he's had a bad season so far.

But no point playing too much Snooker between the post-Masters and pre-World Championship period if you have done enough in terms of ranking points which O'Sullivan certainly has.

I think he'll only play in 3 tournaments after the Masters.

Grand prix, Welsh and the Players Championship. I can see him skipping the China open. He'll obviously skip the shoot-out and Gibraltar.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Good decision imo. The likes of ROS and Higgins have played lots of Snooker these last weeks and months. Surprised about Fu's decision given that he's had a bad season so far.

I think he'll only play in 3 tournaments after the Masters.

Grand prix, Welsh and the Players Championship. I can see him skipping the China open. He'll obviously skip the shoot-out and Gibraltar.

I certainly agree that Ronnie will cool it down in the New Year. He doesnt want to reach the World Champs having been overplayed.

I know Bingham won the 2015 Worlds having played in almost everything that season, but I think Ronnie has made the right decision. I'll certainly watch the GM though, its one of the best for me in the calendar.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker needs to accept reality. Shot clocks are needed. O'Sullivan cannot carry snooker forever.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iceman33 wrote:

ohhh buck off you hammer <doh>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Jimmy Robertson could do with a good run here to consolidate his progress so far this season.

Hanilton & Selt need wins for different reasons. Both face tough opponents on Chen & Yan.

Interestingly, Chris Keogan faces Nigel Bond who he whitewashed at the same stage of the Scottish Open.

Postby SteveJJ

Will Eurosport do the decent thing and screen Lawler V Muir? Subscribers would certainly get value for money in terms of time taken.

On another note, Kyren Wilson v Lisowski could be a good game but might not be streamed.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iceman33 wrote:

ohhh buck off you hammer <doh>

pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Saddens me to say but I think we are witnessing the last act of Anthony Hamilton's career as a professional snooker player.

I hope not, but he cannot buy a result.

At least he won a ranker!

I think the only match I ever saw him play live, was when Ding made a 147 at The Masters against him.

Postby GJ

Sort it out Yan losing to that weasel is unacceptable.