Post a reply

Re: 888sport European Masters Last 64 plus Heldover Matches

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Let's take over the forum from Roland? Will ask him on twitter.

This is the solution right here, as suggested by Dan-cat.

I've seen and been on many forums over the years where the admin/creater/owner could no longer be fussed with it anymore and instead of shutting the whole thing down they've passed the reigns over to someone else. I hope this is what will happen here.

Forums change ownership all the time, it's normal. It's not something that is impossible to do.

It would be quite sad if the decision is made to nuke this place without giving somebody else the chance to take it forward.

Postby Dan-cat

Don't think the image worked. Here's what I wrote:

Hi Roland, I hope you don't mind me messaging you. I've been an active member of the island for 4+ years now. It's a small community but the people there really do love it. There's also an ace archive of rule questions etc.

I see there's a certificate issue right now. I'm a web developer - please can I help to fix it?

On another note, I wondered what the costs of running it were. I think that the small community would be up for chipping in and running it to keep it alive. I'd be happy to lead this.

Anyway, please say hello! I'd love to help. I miss it.

I'm a fellow Yorkshireman by the way. From a tiny village called Ripley just North of Harrogate. I've lived in London for 20 years now but get back often. I'm not sure why I'm telling you this hehe. Maybe it will help :)

Postby Dan-cat

Selty is a classic case of pride before a fall. Last year on Twitter he was boasting about flying business class when the other players were in economy, and posting pictures of shiny new watches etc. Right now I bet he's worried about his rent