Post a reply

Full draw....

Postby SnookerFan

Here you are Cloud Strife, found it. <ok>

Full Draw:

Ali Carter (England) v Shaun Dalitz (Australia)
Wendy Jans (Belgium) v Declan Brennan (Northern Ireland)
Aditya Mehta (India) v Kacper Filipiak (Poland)
Xu Si (China) v Mohammad Bilal (Pakistan)
Soheil Vahedi (Iran) v Peter Francisco (South Africa)
Andrew Pagett (Wales) v Alexander Ursenbacher (Switzerland)
Ng On Yee (Hong Kong) v Michael Judge (Ireland)
Kyren Wilson (England) v Andres Petrov (Estonia)

World Games are set to be held in Wroclaw, Poland from 20-30 July 2017.

Snooker will be included for the fifth time since its introduction at the 2001 Akita Games and is to be contested over the final five days of the 2017 event (26-30 July). The field features nine current or former professional players, including Ali Carter and Kyren Wilson, two members of the world’s current top 16 for the first time at the World Games, as well as defending champion Aditya Mehta

They will be joined by a number of players who have achieved success in amateur competition at international level, including for the first time women players Ng On Yee and Wendy Jans following last week’s historic announcement that the competition is to be held as a mixed gender event for the first time in Wroclaw.

WCBS President Jason Ferguson said: “I am delighted that snooker will once again be part of the World Games this year. Since the previous staging of the Games in Cali, we have experienced hugely exciting times in snooker, seen many developments and the tour has grown into a truly global sport.

“Being part of the World Games is an opportunity to showcase our great sport on an international platform. I am looking forward to seeing our strongest field yet in action, including two top 16 players who are both major international event winners and for the first time two women players competing in what will be a mixed gender competition, a significant step for our sport.”

http://www.worldsnooker.com/draw-made-world-games/

Re: Full draw....

Postby Cloud Strife

Ali Carter looks to be the strong favourite for this

Postby kolompar

What a rubbish lineup. Only 6 pros out of 16 players? I wouldn't mind a few amateurs if they were from less common snooker countries but Welsh and Irish? Then two women? And who is Shaun Dalitz? I checked and he only reached the quarter finals of the Oceania championship. I guess there's no prize money but even then I can't believe they couldn't get better players. And this will probably be best of 5 again. This will really help snooker get into the Olympics :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:What a rubbish lineup. Only 6 pros out of 16 players? I wouldn't mind a few amateurs if they were from less common snooker countries but Welsh and Irish? Then two women? And who is Shaun Dalitz? I checked and he only reached the quarter finals of the Oceania championship. I guess there's no prize money but even then I can't believe they couldn't get better players. And this will probably be best of 5 again. This will really help snooker get into the Olympics :roll:

Eurosport are going to be snake hissed that they are televising this.

Postby kolompar

But really. Snooker is probably the biggest sport in the World Games. They could have done more than getting some woman play a guy who lost in the quarters of the world amateur.