Post a reply

ManBetX Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 26th ~ Sunday 4th of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

Ronnie O'Sullivan 5th ranking title of the season will have to wait as John Higgins sent him packing 5-1 and will be playing Gary Wilson in the semi final. Earlier this season Wilson beat Higgins 4-3 in the Northern Ireland Open can he do it again?

And Barry Hawkiins back in a ranking semi final for the first time since he lost 17-8 to John Higgins at the Crucible last year and will be playing Noppon Saengkham who will be playing in a semi final for the first time.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Barry Hawkins v Noppon Saengkham Hawkins leads 2-0
-----------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Gary Wilson Tied at 1-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Well it only feels like ten minutes since the exhilarating quarter final matches and here we are again snookerfans. I have just been out for a swim and a ten mile round-trip run. I must say, I am feeling full of vim on my new vegan diet.

So to set you up for a mouth-watering pair of semi finals, why not try my new recipe for a full-on vegan breakfast for two. Don't let those carnivorous murdering chameleons have all the fun now!

Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time 20 mins:

Method
1. Preheat the grill to high. Set the oven to its lowest heat and pop 2 plates in it to keep warm. Put the sausages, mushrooms and kidneys, scored-side up, on to a large grill pan and place under the grill, about 5cm from the heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the sausages once or twice.
2. Add the bacon and black pudding to the pan and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until they are cooked and crispy.
3. Place a non-stick saucepan over a low heat. Melt 1 idiot of butter in the pan, add the eggs, season to taste and stir gently until just scrambled. Remove from the heat. Arrange the sausages, mushrooms and kidneys with the bacon and black pudding on the warm plates. Serve with HP sauce or tomato ketchup on the side, and a pot of tea.
4. Put your sausages, bacon, eggs, kidneys and black pudding on your dining partner's plate.
5. Enjoy those scrumptious mushrooms left on your plate all to yourself, preferably with a holier-than-thou smug grin on your face

Toodle pip!

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well it only feels like ten minutes since the exhilarating quarter final matches and here we are again snookerfans. I have just been out for a swim and a ten mile round-trip run. I must say, I am feeling full of vim on my new vegan diet.

So to set you up for a mouth-watering pair of semi finals, why not try my new recipe for a full-on vegan breakfast for two. Don't let those carnivorous murdering chameleons have all the fun now!

Cooking time 20 mins:

Method
1. Preheat the grill to high. Set the oven to its lowest heat and pop 2 plates in it to keep warm. Put the sausages, mushrooms and kidneys, scored-side up, on to a large grill pan and place under the grill, about 5cm from the heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the sausages once or twice.
2. Add the bacon and black pudding to the pan and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until they are cooked and crispy.
3. Place a non-stick saucepan over a low heat. Melt 1 idiot of butter in the pan, add the eggs, season to taste and stir gently until just scrambled. Remove from the heat. Arrange the sausages, mushrooms and kidneys with the bacon and black pudding on the warm plates. Serve with HP sauce or tomato ketchup on the side, and a pot of tea.
4. Put your sausages, bacon, eggs, kidneys and black pudding on your dining partner's plate.
5. Enjoy those scrumptious mushrooms left on your plate all to yourself, preferably with a holier-than-thou smug grin on your face

Toodle pip!

pmsl

Postby Iranu

Great to see so many philosophical resctions by Ronnie fans to his defeat.

The great thing about the current calendar is that no matter how bad the loss, the next tournament is right around the corner <ok>

Higgins's title to lose now regardless of what he says about the draw opening up.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well it only feels like ten minutes since the exhilarating quarter final matches and here we are again snookerfans. I have just been out for a swim and a ten mile round-trip run. I must say, I am feeling full of vim on my new vegan diet.

Cooking time 20 mins:

Method

Toodle pip!

There are more pleasurable ways to kill yourself. How about a bottle of scotch for breakfast?

Postby Gridlock

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I bucking love snooker

Absolutely and I'm going for Barry

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:

Cooking time 20 mins:

Method

Toodle pip!

There are more pleasurable ways to kill yourself. How about a bottle of scotch for breakfast?

bucking hell Vodka - and here's me trying to support the cause. You are a snowflake man

Postby Cloud Strife

Cooking time 20 mins:

Method

Toodle pip!

Now this is a vegan recipe I can get behind. Thanks for posting it.

Postby Gridlock

Cooking time 20 mins:

Method

Toodle pip!

I am saving this recipe off my tablet or my laptop thank you

Postby masterdoctorgenius

HIGGINS ENDS O’SULLIVAN RUN

Friday 2 Mar 2018 10:45PM
John Higgins scored a superb 5-1 win over Ronnie O’Sullivan to reach the semi-finals of the ManBetX Welsh Open, and end the Rocket’s chances of winning back to back ranking titles.

O’Sullivan captured last week’s World Grand Prix, his fourth ranking title of the season, and won his first three matches here in Cardiff without losing a frame. But he was no match for old rival Higgins tonight as the Scot went through to the semi-finals to face Gary Wilson.

World number five Higgins is aiming to become the first player to win the Welsh Open for the fifth time, and hopes to bring his career tally of ranking titles to 30. His last victory came at the Indian Open in September.

O’Sullivan won the opener tonight with a break of 64 and at that stage had won 19 frames in a row. But Higgins hit back with runs of 113 and 57 to lead 2-1. The pivotal fourth frame looked to be heading O’Sullivan’s way when he led by 24 points with the last five colours left. But in potting the green with the rest, he was unlucky to see the cue ball flick off the brown and drop into a centre pocket. Higgins later potted a long brown and cleared for 3-1.

O’Sullivan had first chance in frame five but could only make 30 before running out of position, and Higgins responded to take it, helped by a break of 60. And a missed green from O’Sullivan early in frame six proved his last shot as Higgins wrapped it up in style with a 101.

“To beat Ronnie is a great win,” said Higgins. “He has beaten me really easily a few times this season, then the last two times we have played I have got the better of him quite easily. Ronnie didn’t play great tonight and I was a bit surprised by that.

“The fourth frame was massive. He’ll probably wonder to himself what he was even doing coming close to the middle pocket, that’s what will be pickling his head tonight, he’ll be thinking he should have just potted the green and played safe on the brown.

“It would be brilliant to win a fifth Welsh Open but I’m not even thinking about that yet. I’ve got a very tough game against Gary, the last time we played in Northern Ireland he beat me. He’s getting more used to the business end of tournaments and he has got what it takes to get to big finals.

“It’s a big aim to get to 30 ranking titles, once I got past Steve Davis to 29 that was my aim. I feel great, in the past I have lost in tournaments and been down on myself. Now I am enjoying it more, I’m not putting too much expectation on myself, I’m just giving it everything in each event and seeing where it takes me. In my eyes Ronnie will always be the best. I am more of a working man’s player, I don’t have the same flair but I give it everything.”

O’Sullivan said: “John is just different class, he’s just a brilliant player. I got what I deserved tonight. I knew if I didn’t find an improvement on what I had done so far in the tournament he would get into my weaknesses, and that’s what he did.

“I’m quite relieved it is over because I can do a nice bit of commentary now and watch John. The only good thing about tonight was that I had the best seat in the house. I would recommend anyone who is a snooker fan to come and watch John, because it doesn’t get any better than the way he plays. Hopefully he’ll win the trophy because it’s great to see great players do great things.

“If it had been 2-2 at the interval it would have been daylight robbery. It was a master class from John, he didn’t play his best but he didn’t need to. I love playing in Cardiff so I’m disappointed to be out. But I wasn’t performing well enough. I won last week and I can’t keep going to the well.”

You cant go any deeper in someones ass.

Postby Sickpotter

Sure you can.....have you not read some of the Ronnie fan boy reviews that have appeared on this forum? ;-)

Seriously though.....the two have competed against each other for over 25 years, they've nothing but respect for each other.

Personally I think it's much better Ronnie acknowledging Higgins' talent/play as he has, it promotes the tournament and reminds the fans that there's still talent to watch now that he's out.

Looking forward to the HIggins/Wilson match. I had the opportunity to play a few frames against Gary a little while back when he was touring some halls in Canada and found him to be a real nice guy and fantastic player, I also like HIggins though, such a solid all round player he's got to be the favorite for the title now.

I can't pick which player I really want to win, guess I'm good with either picking up the trophy in the end.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I have no problem at all with Ronnie praising players like Higgins, Selby, Robbo, Hendry, Davis....

I think it's a bit childish to hate on Ronnie for praising Higgins. Ronnie is a 42 year old man, not a 20 year old kid. He speaks his mind. Of course he respects players like Higgins. He loves the game and he admires players like Higgins, because they are amazing talents.

Whats wrong with it? Ronnie doesn't care about rivalries as much as we do. Ronnie's still out there winning titles. And he is winning more titles than his opponents. So what more do you want? It's not like he never beats Higgins.

You do realize players like Higgins, Selby, Robbo and Hendry give Ronnie praise all the time as well, don't you? They all say he's the greatest talent they've ever seen. They all say that. Are we going to call them fanboys now?

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:I have no problem at all with Ronnie praising players like Higgins, Selby, Robbo, Hendry, Davis....

I think it's a bit childish to hate on Ronnie for praising Higgins. Ronnie is a 42 year old man, not a 20 year old kid. He speaks his mind. Of course he respects players like Higgins. He loves the game and he admires players like Higgins, because they are amazing talents.

Whats wrong with it? Ronnie doesn't care about rivalries as much as we do. Ronnie's still out there winning titles. And he is winning more titles than his opponents. So what more do you want? It's not like he never beats Higgins.

You do realize players like Higgins, Selby, Robbo and Hendry give Ronnie praise all the time as well, don't you? They all say he's the greatest talent they've ever seen. They all say that. Are we going to call them fanboys now?

Well said.

Ronnie has had four ranking titles this season. Why pretend he has no bottle, just because he praises another player?

Better than keep calling them numpties.

Postby hendry_fan

First of all,......

,.......Belated birthday wishes from me to,Vodkadiet and Dan- :cat:

:birthday: :cracker: :party: :-D

So VD has turned 50 and Dan- :cat: 45.I,m gonna turn 50 in December. :dizzy:

Hawkins v Saengkham.

Great to see Saengkham do well,it,s lonnnnnnnnnnng due that at least some of the young guns start to make a move and start to go far in tourneys and even win some on a regular,consistent basis.

He,s done well to get as far as the semis,but i think Hawkins will stop his great run.

Johns obviously BIGGGGG fave,but i,m certainly not takin Wilson likely,as mentioned already,he beat John 4-3 at the 2017 Northern Ireland Open,a match where John rattled in 3 centurys. :dizzy:

Even if John does win this match,he still has to win another one,i can,t see him wastin a verry good chance like this though to go on and win this match and to go on to win the tourney,if he indeed does win it,then it would put him on 5 Welsh Open victorys which would be a record!,it would also bump him up to 30 ranking titles.

:happy: COMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNN JOHN! :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I bucking love snooker

Absolutely and I'm going for Barry

Good morning Mr G.

Will you be watchin the Higgins/Wilson match tonight?. :-)

Does your,"I'm going for Barry" mean,you,ll be rootin for Barry to win the tourney,or does it mean,your <only> rootin for him in his match against Noppon. :chin: :-D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Hendryfan, you sure love the enter key on your keyboard don't you? Your posts would be easier to read without all the empty spaces, mate. A compact text without too much open spaces is easier on the eyes.

No offence, just an observation. Congratulations on the Higgins win. :hatoff:

Postby hendry_fan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Hendryfan, you sure love the enter key on your keyboard don't you? Your posts would be easier to read without all the empty spaces, mate. A compact text without too much open spaces is easier on the eyes.

No offence, just an observation. Congratulations on the Higgins win. :hatoff:

"Hendryfan, you sure love the enter key on your keyboard don't you? Your posts would be easier to read without all the empty spaces, mate. A compact text without too much open spaces is easier on the eyes".

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

"Congratulations on the Higgins win".

Thankyou Mr Chinaski,verrry kind and humble of you!. <ok> :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Quite a drab and uninspiring semi-final lineup.

Quite.

Wouldn't mind a first time ranking event winner, but since we're most likely gonna get Hawkins v Higgins, Hawkins must play his Beast Mode to beat him.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:After seven years, I finally have Tivo in my flat.

Congratulations