Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan: "I'm happy John is in the final. I'd pay to watch John Higgins. Because he's beautiful in everything he does"

rofl

pmsl

Postby hendry_fan

:clap: Well done John!. :clap:

Tonights performance had a bit of his A,B and even C game all chucked in,started off slow,but then moved up a gear,then 2.

He finished Wilson off with a nice *106*.

Hard luck to Gary,i like the lad,but John was a fish too BIG for him tnight.

:cracker: JOHN HIGGINS!. :cracker:

Time to open up yet another bottle o red,jeez!,Johns costin me a bl**dy fortune,but it,s money verrry well spent. :-D

:wine: :party: :happy:

Postby Cloud Strife

I've never seen any other sportsman be so in awe of another, especially a direct rival, as Ronnie is with John Higgins. It's both funny and cringeworthy at the same time lol.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:I've never seen any other sportsman be so in awe of another, especially a direct rival, as Ronnie is with John Higgins. It's both funny and cringeworthy at the same time lol.

rofl

He didn't take his eyes off him for the whole interview rofl

Flirtatious little minx

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:I wish my wife looked at me the way Ronnie O'Sullivan looks at John Higgins

The best quote of the year....

Postby vodkadiet

My father hardly watches snooker and when i visited him in earlier he said. "O'Sullivan looked like he wanted to lose." I couldn't disagree.

It reminded me of when O'Sullivan won the UK, a few days later he played rubbish and lost to Higgins (probably on purpose).

I get it. O'Sullivan doesn't want to dominate totally and put the pressure on himself going to Sheffield so he occasionally loses on purpose. He doesn't want to lose to a 'numpty' so he chooses to lose to Higgins. If O'Sullivan plays Higgins at Sheffield he will thrash him. Higgins won't stand a chance. The only players who could beat O'Sullivan at Sheffield are Selby and Robertson, and only Robertson on a good day.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 04 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

BadSnookerPlayer.

O'Sullivan is far better than anyone else at present. Selby could raise his game, probably Robertson. But no one else. Higgins could not beat O'Sullivan in a long match at The Crucible. O'Sullivan would thrash him.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Look at Ronnies eyes. You can see the love and admiration he has for Higgins. Laila Rouass should be worried.

I never had anything against Ronnie or any player for that matter praising another. Ronnie for instance praises Trump a lot, yet before the Shanghai Final he said he owed him one due to the bad loss at the EM Final.

Would you ever hear something like this coming from Ronnies mouth before he faces Higgins? Never!

Fact is he may get the odd win against him here and there, in fact this season he has, but its also a fact since 2005 the man shats his pants against him most of the times, and that is mostly due to the fact he is so in awe of him its unbeliavable.

F9r a player who is supposed to be his biggest rival, I agree with Vodka... sometimes, like the last two natches, it does seem he almost wants to lose on purpose just to see God play at least one more match!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:BadSnookerPlayer.

O'Sullivan is far better than anyone else at present. Selby could raise his game, probably Robertson. But no one else. Higgins could not beat O'Sullivan in a long match at The Crucible. O'Sullivan would thrash him.

Hopefully if they do meet that happens!

After the ridiculous bottom licking he has done over Higgins nothing would please me more than watching that. But, knowking Ronnie, he'd probably want Higgins to win 5 Worlds just because he thinks he deserves them, lol

Postby Sickpotter

vodkadiet wrote:BadSnookerPlayer.

I disagree.

In ranking (only major) events Higgins has an excellent H2H record against Ronnie winning around 2 to 1 so statements like John can't beat Ronnie in a long crucible match just don't hold water. Overall H2H for all matches has Ronnie with a slight edge but with over 25+ years and 60+ matches with each other the only significant difference in their H2H record is in the major ranking events.

No disrespect to Ronnie but for the most part he has been able to play "practice snooker", having won it all he feels no pressure to produce. To boot he feels there are few players who can deliver under pressure these days That's allowed Ronnie a freedom/level of comfort to play matches like he's practicing which has translated to some blow out finals and 4 ranking titles this season. :hatoff:

In Ronnie's match with Higgins you could see that Ronnie didn't play with the level of comfort he did in previous matches and missed some shots that you'd never expect him to. Many noted his play was more "negative" against Higgins than previous opponents but that's what fear can do, even to the greats.

Has Ronnie been playing so much better than the rest? I don't think so, or at least not to any great extent. Robertson, Selby and Ding have all had a pretty poor season and with Ronnie not feeling any pressure to deliver he's able to just play freely.

That said, I think Ronnie not having been put under the gun very often this year will be a bad thing in the end.

Playing well because you're not feeling the pressure is very different from playing well because you're handling /thriving on the pressure.

The WC is always pressure, even having won it 5 times. Ronnie trying to equal Davis' 6 titles is a very different kind of pressure, it'll be self imposed. Ronnie being his harshest critic I think will have to work hard to control it. Ronnie might've been better off/better prepared for the WC if he'd have had to fight harder or been forced to cope with more pressure. Losing as he did to Higgins showed that when the pressure is on he's not quite as solid as many of his title haul/final scorelines this year seem to indicate.

Time will tell...good luck to both legends for the rest of the season, may they treat us to a few more classics before they're done :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

SickPotter

The point that is Higgins is a shadow of the player he was 20 years ago, but O'Sullivan is not. Higgins at his best was O'Sullivan's match, but he isn't any more.

Postby vodkadiet

The standard of play in the 1998 World final was as high a standard seen in a World Final. Ken Doherty in that final would beaten John Higgins today.